Found a very strange bug.
When executing a fatality, the player will grab the demon and will go into 3rd person, but after half a second or less, it goes back to first person with the fatality still being executed. While in first person, the hands appear to be doing the very beginning of the reload animation for the fists, but it repeats the first fourth of a second, until the fatality is over. Health is still gained, and the players weird fist animation stops after the fatality and returns to normal after.
Bug found while playing Speed Of Doom Map 03.
So, if I understand right, the fatality starts, but at the middle of it, the camera breaks, and goes back to first person? Weird, I already got reports (and have seen myself too) of fatalities not getting executed at all, but never something like this. Can you record a video of this?
Is there a way to remove the new fireball effect, i like everything you have done in this mod except for the flame the imp's use, i always loved the iconic sphere's filling up my screen
Open the pk3 with Slade 3, and in the IMP lump, scroll down until you find an actor called "NewFireBall Replaces Doomimpball", (or something like this), and delete it.
Awesome, however there is one issue that is actually bothering me:
When holding down the fire button with the shotgun, you do not continue to fire, you have to click every time.
It's not that it is particularly hard to do this, but it's kind of wired into my brain to just hold it when i want to continuously fire, I keep finding myself not firing when I mean to and it's got me killed a few times heh.
This feature is going to be re-added in 0.13
My face when I saw the new plasma gun sprite, SSG reload animation and realized the rifle now uses the same sound as the SSG
Reverting the plasma rifle sprite to the Doom 64-like one, and the old rifle sound, is something I am thinking about, but, about the SSG reload animation, dude, I think it is exactly the same from 2 or 3 versions ago :P
I know I'm a little late here, but I've been playing Brutal Doom and enjoy it very much, but though I'd add a few suggestions for the next release. Keep in mind that I LOVE this mod and just want to suggest the following to make it even better.
1. Blood is pixilated and detailed on floors, but filtered and vague on walls. Obviously there is a consistency issue here.
2. The blood splat/drip effect when you shoot an enemy point blank is cool, but it's also a bit confusing because the screen briefly flashes red, tricking you into thinking you've sustained damage. Maybe only the blood dripping effect should be present, or the red flash turned down.
3. Some of the death animations could be cleaned up. This is nit picking, but the blood looks a bit harsh in places; a few intermediate colors could be used to smooth out the differences. This would achieve an anti-aliasing effect, making the blood look more natural rather than hastily drawn on.
4. The "fuck you" move is funny, but why the scratchy, low-bitrate audio clip?
5. When performing beserker moves in tight spaces, the camera frequently jumps out of the boundaries of the map, which can be jarring and confusing. I don't know if there is an easy solution for this, but perhaps the camera could be careful not to clip so much.
1. I could make better decal textires if I knew how to import it. Seems like even if I edit the same texture, and import, for some reason it will look like if it had a 90% translucency effect :P
2. I really would like to remove the red flash. It only shows up because the blood actually damages the player in order to detect if he is close enough to make it splash in the screen.
3. Something I can think about in the future
4. Because it's the only "fuck yourself" scream that I could find with the voice in the mood that can really fit with Doomguy's anger.
5. I am still trying to find out why the chasecam camera script doesn't works like the original Zdoom chasecam.
Mr. Chris said:
There is an 0.13 test version on the ST thread right now.
But it has that bug causing players to unable to move after doing a fatality in a pinkie. That's the reason why I only released it in the ST forums. I will fix it on v13test2, and post here, and in the other places latter.