Doom Comic
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Brutal Doom version 18a
Pages (22): « First ... « 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 » ... Last »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 07:52. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
doomquake777
Warming Up


Posts: 11
Registered: 02-11


Why is it that I can't see when I need to reload when playing with any HUD in GZDOOM? The Mancubus Cannon doesn't even show up any type of ammo at all.. The HUD issue is also present in Skulltag. I have also noticed that if an Imp kills a Chaingun guy with a fireball that a chaingun does not get dropped. I tested it multiple times and never got a chaingun. Another thing I have found is if you have a Shotgunguy as your meat shield and you throw him away he takes on the sprite of the Assault rifle zombie. It's a minor issue but just thought I would bring it up. This is by far the best DOOM mod ever!! Keep up the good work.

Last edited by doomquake777 on 10-23-11 at 22:22

Old Post 10-19-11 06:00 #
doomquake777 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
SweatyGremlins
Mini-Member


Posts: 81
Registered: 08-11


i am gutted, you changed the sound sample for the F button

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Old Post 10-28-11 11:56 #
SweatyGremlins is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Glaice
formerly Mr. Chris


Posts: 4889
Registered: 07-02


I can assure that the fatality glitch has been fixed for 0.12 test2 and for the upcoming 0.13.

__________________
Chris's uploads - Link
Brutal Video Vault
Brutal Tumblr

Old Post 11-06-11 05:57 #
Glaice is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
buttspit
Member


Posts: 577
Registered: 04-11


What version of GZDoom is this intended for?

I followed the instructions and all, but still get a bunch of problems:

-As GZDoom is loading up, it gives a bunch of Unknown Class Name and Script Warnings (in yellow) and a bunch of Script Errors and Warnings (in red). I can still play it, but I think the errors mean the mod isn't showing its most.
-Blood pools appear as black squares when I walk away from them.
-The baron has green attacks, hands. But when I do a fatality, he has red attacks, hands, blood, etc.

And a couple other problems like this.

Old Post 11-06-11 17:54 #
buttspit is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Glaice
formerly Mr. Chris


Posts: 4889
Registered: 07-02


Are you sure you are using the correct version for the proper port?

Old Post 11-06-11 19:58 #
Glaice is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
buttspit
Member


Posts: 577
Registered: 04-11


Yeah, I downloaded the GZDoom version (linked to 4shared) and am playing it with the latest GZDoom...

Old Post 11-06-11 21:29 #
buttspit is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
doomquake777
Warming Up


Posts: 11
Registered: 02-11


Any Idea when this next version will be released??

Old Post 11-06-11 21:42 #
doomquake777 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
buttspit
Member


Posts: 577
Registered: 04-11


I just played also the skulltag version and problems like the Baron of Hell having red blood/attacks during fatality are also present here.

Old Post 11-07-11 01:50 #
buttspit is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
doomquake777
Warming Up


Posts: 11
Registered: 02-11


Another Error I have found is if you have a meatshield and walk across another Berserkpack you throw the meat shield away and Automatically arm yourself with the Fists. Even if you have switch on pickup disabled you still throw the Meatshield away

Old Post 11-08-11 04:02 #
doomquake777 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
buttspit
Member


Posts: 577
Registered: 04-11


Hmm.. A lot of problems, no answers and already 0.13 is out.

Old Post 11-08-11 04:18 #
buttspit is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GoatLord
I really should think before I post.


Posts: 2691
Registered: 07-02


Nitpicking, I know, but has the blood splat thing been addressed? Blood on floors is pixelated but wall blood is filtered. It also looks really flat and smeary whereas the floor blood looks nice and gritty. Wassup with that?

Old Post 11-08-11 04:48 #
GoatLord is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Tarnsman
Forum Regular


Posts: 893
Registered: 05-11


Bug I encountered - (GZDoom version)
The SSG's alternate fire can still be used when out of ammo.

Old Post 11-08-11 07:40 #
Tarnsman is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Avoozl
Forum Staple


Posts: 2665
Registered: 06-09


The only things about this mod that I'm not overly fond of is with the simple single colour blurred blood on walls instead of the nicer looking detailed blood on floors/ceilings and the barons/knights having red blood instead of thier original green and it doesn't seem like the creator will make a seperate version for it.

Also this is not a ploblem but why was the chaingun turned into a minigun? I thought the chaingun was supposed to be an id invention of a futuristic portable handheld version of a minigun with lower damage pistol rounds instead of the larger deadly ammuntion that real miniguns use.

I was always under the impression that the chaingun was a fictional future advancement over the minigun as the minigun is a modern advancement from the past wild west gatling guns with the "mini" in its name mainly because of it being smaller than the gatling gun.

Last edited by Avoozl on 11-08-11 at 11:10

Old Post 11-08-11 10:44 #
Avoozl is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
vinnie245
Junior Member


Posts: 184
Registered: 08-11



buttspit said:
Hmm.. A lot of problems, no answers and already 0.13 is out.

Sergeantmark checks out the Zdoom and Skulltag forums more often, if you wanna discuss an issue your better off posting on one of those forums.
The Barons/knight blood issue has been discussed already, giving them green blood messes with the fatalities.

Old Post 11-08-11 11:24 #
vinnie245 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
buttspit
Member


Posts: 577
Registered: 04-11


I tried registering there and I get an SQL error.

Old Post 11-08-11 16:21 #
buttspit is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lite Sparkle
Pistol Start


Posts: 50
Registered: 11-11


Lot's of gore, and corpses. I LOVE IT, this is surely a masterpiece! I actually love the Arachnotron Fatality, for it is sad but very cool too!

Defiantly can't wait for 0.14!

Old Post 11-09-11 21:05 #
Lite Sparkle is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Sergeant_Mark_IV
Member


Posts: 400
Registered: 12-09



doomquake777 said:
Why is it that I can't see when I need to reload when playing with any HUD in GZDOOM? The Mancubus Cannon doesn't even show up any type of ammo at all.. The HUD issue is also present in Skulltag.



I have also noticed that if an Imp kills a Chaingun guy with a fireball that a chaingun does not get dropped. I tested it multiple times and never got a chaingun. Another thing I have found is if you have a Shotgunguy as your meat shield and you throw him away he takes on the sprite of the Assault rifle zombie. It's a minor issue but just thought I would bring it up. This is by far the best DOOM mod ever!! Keep up the good work.


Mr. Chris already reported the Commando not dropping his weapon when he gets killed by fire. About the shotgunguy "projectile" showing a up a rifle, I never noticed that. Thanks a lot for reporting



Mr. Chris said:
Yea, using Smash Mode only on demons is the best way to get around it until test2.

You see the video I posted on the third-to-first fatality weirdness?



Go to 1:47 to see it.



This bug has been fixed in the official v13



SweatyGremlins said:
i am gutted, you changed the sound sample for the F button

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(



The older one was not fitting with the other Marine's voice. Maybe I can release a separated wad that replaces the Fuck Yourself sound with the original one.



doomquake777 said:
Another Error I have found is if you have a meatshield and walk across another Berserkpack you throw the meat shield away and Automatically arm yourself with the Fists. Even if you have switch on pickup disabled you still throw the Meatshield away


Thanks for reporting.



buttspit said:
What version of GZDoom is this intended for?

I followed the instructions and all, but still get a bunch of problems:

-As GZDoom is loading up, it gives a bunch of Unknown Class Name and Script Warnings (in yellow) and a bunch of Script Errors and Warnings (in red). I can still play it, but I think the errors mean the mod isn't showing its most.
-Blood pools appear as black squares when I walk away from them.
-The baron has green attacks, hands. But when I do a fatality, he has red attacks, hands, blood, etc.

And a couple other problems like this.



About the Baron's hands having different colors during the fatalities, this is a known bug. The Script Warnings and Errors when loading up it aren't important, and don't changes anything in-game. About the Blood pools as black squares, wow, I never seen it happen.


GoatLord said:
Nitpicking, I know, but has the blood splat thing been addressed? Blood on floors is pixelated but wall blood is filtered. It also looks really flat and smeary whereas the floor blood looks nice and gritty. Wassup with that?


Yeah, I know, I must find a new decal for the blood in the wall.


Doomsfall said:
The only things about this mod that I'm not overly fond of is with the simple single colour blurred blood on walls instead of the nicer looking detailed blood on floors/ceilings and the barons/knights having red blood instead of thier original green and it doesn't seem like the creator will make a seperate version for it.

Also this is not a ploblem but why was the chaingun turned into a minigun? I thought the chaingun was supposed to be an id invention of a futuristic portable handheld version of a minigun with lower damage pistol rounds instead of the larger deadly ammuntion that real miniguns use.

I was always under the impression that the chaingun was a fictional future advancement over the minigun as the minigun is a modern advancement from the past wild west gatling guns with the "mini" in its name mainly because of it being smaller than the gatling gun.




I can't understand how making a new version of a gun intended to be used in heavy combat, with less firepower and killing potential, can mean that it's more "modern".

Old Post 11-12-11 21:22 #
Sergeant_Mark_IV is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
buttspit
Member


Posts: 577
Registered: 04-11


I think the blood pools turning into black squares might be because of the Texture Filtering that is set in my GZDoom OpenGL (Texture Options) settings. When Texture Filtering is set to Trilinear for me, things like this happen. The blood pools turn into black squares, doors from far away look like a rectangle of warped flowing tar or something. I have to put it to linear to fix this problem.

On that note, what differences are there between linear/bilinear/trilinear texture filtering? Does it really make much of a difference?

Old Post 11-12-11 21:32 #
buttspit is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
doomquake777
Warming Up


Posts: 11
Registered: 02-11


When you perform the fatality on the Assault Rifle Zombie where you reach inside him and pull out his Intestines he falls forward during that scene but when it goes back to 1st person view he is on his back. I'll keep my eye out for any other issues and report them ASAP. Keep up the good work

Old Post 11-15-11 17:13 #
doomquake777 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Steve1664
Green Marine


Posts: 32
Registered: 11-11


Say Sarge, I was looking on the Skulltag forums when I saw this post for "Brutal Doom Lite". I like the idea of using the gameplay tweaks with other weapon mods, but it only works with Skulltag. Any chance you can revisit this idea for ZDoom/GZDoom in the future?

Old Post 11-22-11 23:07 #
Steve1664 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Platinum Shell
Forum Regular


Posts: 810
Registered: 08-11


I'm confused as to how the Revenant launchers work. In your video of new content in v.13, I saw that the one pair of Revenant rockets functioned like homing missiles (the one that finished the Pinky).

Is it a random chance for when they spit out a pair of homers? Or is it something I'm missing (mouse-guided, feature off)

Old Post 11-23-11 23:40 #
Platinum Shell is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ghost`01
Warming Up


Posts: 13
Registered: 09-11


Maybe it's the alt fire? Otherwise I'd think it would be random like how they are for the Revenant itself. The damage feels a little low for it, though it does fire fast.

Old Post 11-23-11 23:44 #
Ghost`01 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Platinum Shell
Forum Regular


Posts: 810
Registered: 08-11


I'm having trouble with the neck-snap technique. I seem to get it to work only once, and that was killing the couple of zombiemen at the beginning of hangar.

I'm on Nirvana now, and I'm trying to perform the technique on the imps (as I thought you said it works on Zombiemen, Shotgun Guys, and Imps), but it only resulted in me right-hooking the imp, causing his corpse to fly into the teleport. (which I'll admit is quite funny)


Don't you have to right-hook their head? If I'm doing something wrong, please elaborate.

Old Post 11-26-11 04:30 #
Platinum Shell is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
theoutlander
Registered just to make one post


Posts: 1
Registered: 11-11


Why does the BFG 9000 feel overly nerfed?

It looks great and has a nice effect, but doesn't feel like a viable weapon option almost anymore. Maybe a scaling charge or just a flat up damage buff would be nice.

And does the berserk pack provide a damage reduction buff?

Other than that great mod. Any word on a new update for it any time soon or is it finished?

Old Post 11-27-11 04:40 #
theoutlander is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Reaper978
We find his lack of rocket launcher faith disturbing


Posts: 271
Registered: 09-08


Loving this thing. Some things:

I actually liked the old plasma rifle sprite you had in the previous version, but I like the newest one too. The current one is big and heavy looking, while the older sprite you had seems like a smaller, lighter variant of the full-sized version. The older plasma rifle sprite could also be a laser-rifle, I suppose. Or a railgun.

The low-quality blood sprites for the walls and high-quality ones on the floor and ceiling have already been mentioned. The blood on the walls look like it was spray-painted. The blood on the floors and ceilings looks flawless, though.

The fatalities could use 8 viewing angles. They would be really amazing, then. I'm fully aware it would take a lot of work. But I think it would pay off well. It would also be cool if the fatality camera would automatically find a location where its view was not obstructed by level geometry. I thought perhaps if the level geometry was too intrusive then the camera would place itself automatically, but if you had a lot of room, the player could control the camera's orbit the way it is set up now. I'm not saying it would be easy to code, just what I think would really be ideal.

I note that the fatality mode grants the player health while the smash mode does not. The only reason, then, to not use the fatality mode would be so that you don't take damage from nearby enemies right after the fatality is finished (as you are immune to damage during the execution, but not immediately after), and that you can smash opponents a lot faster in smash mode.

There's a lot of splattery, oozey sounds going on with the gore. This works well with the zombies, but with guys like the demons, and bigger demons, the sounds should be a lot more of a hard thud or whacking sound, as well as some splattery sounds for the gore. These demons are very muscular and stronger than the zombies, so hitting them would have, I imagine, a much harder, rock-solid impact sound. This is especially noticeable when you punch them in smash mode. A finer detail, I guess.

You've done a great job, I like this mod a lot.

Old Post 11-27-11 06:08 #
Reaper978 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
dm5k
Newbie


Posts: 2
Registered: 12-11


Can anyone tell me how to install this? Are there any instructions some one can post? I'm new with this WAD stuff and I want to try out Doom 2 again.

Old Post 12-03-11 23:01 #
dm5k is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Seeker_of_Truth
Member


Posts: 330
Registered: 05-10



dm5k said:
Can anyone tell me how to install this? Are there any instructions some one can post? I'm new with this WAD stuff and I want to try out Doom 2 again.


First, make sure you know which version you have, either Skulltag or GZDoom. Then you just click and drag the file over the .exe, and it should run (after selecting which IWAD you with to play of course). There really isn't much to it.

Old Post 12-03-11 23:06 #
Seeker_of_Truth is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
dm5k
Newbie


Posts: 2
Registered: 12-11



Seeker_of_Truth said:


First, make sure you know which version you have, either Skulltag or GZDoom. Then you just click and drag the file over the .exe, and it should run (after selecting which IWAD you with to play of course). There really isn't much to it.



Pretty easy thank you. I am having trouble getting the Brutal Doom Regeneration working. I put it in the same folder with Brutal Doom and Doom 2. I tried it in Brutal doom and it doesn't work. I also tried double clicking the Brutal Doom Regeneration and it takes me to the vanilla Doom 2 but it still doesn't work. What am I doing wrong?

Old Post 12-04-11 19:51 #
dm5k is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Sergeant_Mark_IV
Member


Posts: 400
Registered: 12-09


You must drag the Brutal Doom main pk3 AND the Regeneration into the .exe both at the same time

Old Post 12-04-11 22:46 #
Sergeant_Mark_IV is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Platinum Shell
Forum Regular


Posts: 810
Registered: 08-11


Hey Mark IV, I think I have a pretty good idea for another separate module.

Basically, when DooMGuy's health reaches critical levels, he starts to slow down. I tested and found that it seems to work best when his turbo is set to 60-70 when he's bleeding. It would not only add more depth to the game, but would add more challenge, and serve as a reminder for the player to get more health. Plus, you've also made a few sprites for the DooMGuy when bleeding (along with your other good spritework), so going into chasecam and seeing his slowed speed along with him bleeding and limping would actually be pretty neat to see. (ignore my fascination with dark things).

Combine this with the health regeneration module and it would make a good combo. Again, just a suggestion.

Old Post 12-05-11 03:13 #
Platinum Shell is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
All times are GMT. The time now is 07:52. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (22): « First ... « 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 » ... Last »  
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Brutal Doom version 18a

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

 

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are OFF
[IMG] code is ON
 

< Contact Us - Doomworld >

Powered by: vBulletin Version 2.2.5
Copyright ©2000, 2001, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.