Doom Comic
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Doom2 Meets Zdoom(d2mzd) WIP -- (a doom2 remake wad)-- 14 map demo release!
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 4 [5]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 11:20. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Deeforce
Forum Regular

Epic project! I like it.

Old Post 10-13-12 13:58 #
Deeforce is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Fisk
Forum Regular

Alwaysdoomed said:
well thats a first, someone who doesnt like alot of slopes 0.o

IMO all the excessive slopes look like shit and are bad for gameplay; ZDoom has extremely awkward physics when it comes to sloped surfaces of any kind, and the fact that they are used with complete impunity everywhere is very distracting from the gameplay. There's also a lot of excessive little pits or hills in the ground in virtually every map that makes it impossible for me, personally, to enjoy moving around in any of the maps in the demo you have posted

The effort is good, but you should try making Doom 2 Meets ZDoom instead of Doom 2 With Slopes

Old Post 10-14-12 00:27 #
Fisk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Unholypimpin

Unfortunatly you cannot please everyone, however if there are some slopes or detail that ruin gameplay then we will remove them.

Old Post 10-15-12 07:42 #
Unholypimpin is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Nemark
Mini-Member

Looks pretty good.

Old Post 10-28-12 21:07 #
Nemark is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Unholypimpin

Just so you know the 13 map beta is still up and you can play all 11 of the first maps. Let me know if you find any bugs and or balancement issues.

Old Post 10-30-12 18:06 #
Unholypimpin is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Unholypimpin

Pottus and myself will be releasing this wad as alpha tests in a series of waves or episodes. Each wave/episode will consist of 9 maps until all the maps are done. So the next wave/episode will be released when 18 maps are finished.

Im sorry its been taking awhile but Pottus and myself have been busy with other stuff and other wads atm.

Old Post 11-27-12 20:47 #
The Monitor
Mini-Member

Excuse me, everyone, I don't know if this has been touched on before, but I'm too lazy to be bothered to find it myself. Anyway, I did this:
http://i48.tinypic.com/wwn03o_th.png

I used the rock faces at the walls to get up there, maybe the fence should actually be impassible? Otherwise, it's pretty alright of a mod.

"Freedom is not just a luxury to be enjoyed by the elite and the powerful, it is a sacred right to be shared by all men; it is a right that is promised to us by this great nation: the United States of America."
-Ulysses S. Grant

Old Post 11-28-12 03:32 #
The Monitor is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Glaice
formerly Mr. Chris

This utilizes vanilla monsters only, correct?

Old Post 11-28-12 04:20 #
Glaice is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Unholypimpin

Mr. Chris said:
This utilizes vanilla monsters only, correct?

it has some new monsters.

@the monitor ya that still needs to be fixed, thanks for reminding =]

Old Post 11-28-12 05:35 #
Unholypimpin

Looking for people to test this wad out for me and tell me if they find glitches. Once I figure out all the glitches I will fix them and release a new version with all the glitches fixed.

This wad is for zdoom, so dont tell me about any bugs you find in other doom ports.

I will show some screenshots of downtown later this week.

Old Post 01-22-13 23:17 #
Tormentor667

Looking forward to this, I hope you add some new surprises and twists to the maps as well

Old Post 01-23-13 11:38 #
Tormentor667 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Cell

Alwaysdoomed said:
Looking for people to test this wad out for me and tell me if they find glitches. Once I figure out all the glitches I will fix them and release a new version with all the glitches fixed.

This wad is for zdoom, so dont tell me about any bugs you find in other doom ports.

I will show some screenshots of downtown later this week.

I'm willing to test at least to experience how it looks and feels ingame... unless there are a limited number of testers. Just cuz' I'm not professional.

Old Post 01-23-13 22:17 #
Cell is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Unholypimpin

Theres no limit to the testers, just download and play and tell me if you find any bugs.

The download link is on the First post.

If you download it please post any bugs you find.

Old Post 01-23-13 22:28 #
Cell

Alwaysdoomed said:
Theres no limit to the testers, just download and play and tell me if you find any bugs.

The download link is on the First post.

If you download it please post any bugs you find.

Of course! Got it, but only wanna see tomorrow, since it's late. Anyway, keep up with the good work!

Old Post 01-23-13 22:29 #
Cell is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Salahmander2

Found a few bugs, one of the monster closets near the start doesn't open up after you get the armor, also, on Map11, there is an invisible wall in the red key area and for map35, there is no exit.

Old Post 06-28-13 00:00 #
Salahmander2 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Unholypimpin

havnt really been working on this project because I ran out of ideas for the map Down Town.

Old Post 06-28-13 07:41 #
Pure Hellspawn
Forum Regular

Alwaysdoomed said:
havnt really been working on this project because I ran out of ideas for the map Down Town.

if you need inspiration, try looking at Dark Tartarus map 29. one of my favorite maps in the series.

Old Post 06-28-13 18:54 #
Pure Hellspawn is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Unholypimpin

Pure Hellspawn said:

if you need inspiration, try looking at Dark Tartarus map 29. one of my favorite maps in the series.

I will make sure to check that out because I could definitely use some inspiration if I want to continue on this project.

I literally made like 5 versions of downtown and scrapped them all. I almost think downtown is a pretty solid map that doesnt need much changing.

Old Post 06-28-13 20:02 #