Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
schmerr

How do i end a level by killing a demon?

Thats my problem, im making a 3 level wad, Terrafaux, and the final level is an homage to E2M8. How in the frag do i kill the cyberdemon and end the level.

Thanks in advance.

You can do this with a mapinfo lump or a monster death-triggered script in Eternity or ZDoom.

You could alternately use a DeHackEd patch to change the Cyberdemon's "BossDeath" codepointer to "BrainDie", the pointer that Doom2 uses to end the level after the Icon of Sin explodes.

There are a few differences between BrainDie and BossDeath, namely that BrainDie can be used for any monster type on any level (whereas BossDeath has specific behavior hardcoded to specific monsters on specific maps), and that with BrainDie if you have multiple Cyberdemons in your map, the level exit will be triggered when you kill the first one, not the final one.

esselfortium said:

and that with BrainDie if you have multiple Cyberdemons in your map, the level exit will be triggered when you kill the first one, not the final one.

Also, with BrainDie even if you die, you win. With the default Doom behavior on E2M8/E3M8/whichever, you need to live, a sacrifice would be in vain. Keep this in mind when considering suicidal attacks.

printz said:

Also, with BrainDie even if you die, you win. With the default Doom behavior on E2M8/E3M8/whichever, you need to live, a sacrifice would be in vain. Keep this in mind when considering suicidal attacks.

The art of war, with our host printz.