The term is "prehensile"
Copypasted from the Skulltag thread, which contains videos and screenshots. For the mod in action, check out my Youtube videos in my signature, despite they are from version 0.8, 0.9, 0.10 and 0.10b test version.
Brutal Doom is a mod for Skulltag and GZDoom that works with any IWAD or old-school vanilla megawad. The concept is creating a new flesh experience of brutal graphical violence and sadism.
- Tons of new Death animations for all enemies. You can cut their limbs, cut them in half with chainsaw or minigun, melt them with plasma, Xdeath states for large enemies like Barons and Mancubus, and much more. You can also shoot their dead bodies, or severed limbs, and keep brutalizing them even after their deaths.
- Possibility of headshoots for most enemies. You can do extra damage shooting at their heads with small firearms like the Rifle, or completely blow-up their heads with a higher firepower weapon such a shotgun or chaingun.
- New Weapons balance, the pistol was replaced by the Assault Rifle wich has higher firerate and accuracy. You can aim down the sights with the rifle, and deliver accurate headshoots at high distances.
Chaingun fires faster and will no longer become obsolete when you find the Plasma Gun, Fists are more versatile, allowing you to deliver quick or strong punches, and perform stealth kills, since it's silent now.
Shotgun fires 10 pellets by shot instead 7 to match the SSG firepower (wich for some weird reason, fires 20 pellets, 6 more than 2 normal shotgun shots in the original Doom gameplay)
SSG pellets have higher spread, but deals extreme damage at point-blank distance, gibbing small enemies.
You can also "quick-kick" enemies in Duke Nukem's style at any momment just pressing Q, without needing to change your weapon.
- Flares for decoration and projectiles. You will fell like you were playing in the Doomsday Engine.
- 3D bloodspots for OpenGL users that can paint the ground and ceiling with the blood of your enemies.
- You can RIP AND TEAR an enemy if you kill him with punches while under effect of a berserk. (Also knows as Fatalities)
- If you shot an enemy so close, blood will splash on the screen.
- You can paint the chainsaw with blood.
Regeneration - When you are in the "Danger" state, with health bellow 30, it makes health regenerate by 1 per second until you get with 30 health. Some people suggested me to add this as a main feature, but I preferred to make it as a separated module.
A compilation of many Doom and Doom 2 music remixes that really sets the tone of this mod.
Before playing, you MUST BE SURE of:
1 - Please, use Open GL mode to properly show the new special effects and taste the full Brutal Doom experience.
2 - In the Open GL settings, set your Adjust Sprite Clipping to Always (Prevents things from getting half in the ground)
3 - In your display options, make sure your deathcam is on! (So you can see the amazing new player deaths)
4 - Read the guide that comes in the readme text.
- If the 3D bloodpools aren't showing up, even if you are using Open_GL, open your console and type "gl_use_models 1"
- If the bloodpools are rendering in a weird way, in the Open GL settings, set the Smooth Sprite Edges to Off
- If your framerate is low, type "gl_use_models 0" to hide the bloodpool 3D models. This helps a lot on old computers.
People hosting this Wad:
I added "HELP" image lump that explains a lot of features.
Please, put a wellcome message like "Please, before playing, press F1 for instructions." so noob people can understand all the features ;)
People hosting it, please redirect the download link to http://www.wadhost.fathax.com/files
Chris's uploads - Link
Doom videos, LPs & more
Last edited by Mr. Chris on 12-25-11 at 01:50