Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DeathFactoryX

"Revenge Of Evil" TC for gzDoom

Greetings fellow DOOMers, I am working on a Doom 3 themed mod for GZDoom and I have just finished the first Map. I have uploaded a video on youtube and I'd love to hear some feedback from everybody.

link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0-Vz6kQiNQ

There isn't a playable demo release yet, though there may be after 5+ maps are complete. The resource files are huge (300+ MB) so it seems best not to release just the one map with such a huge file size.

Note: I didn't create the resources, I'm just mapping. Credits for resources go to Doomero.

Holy shit, that's impressive, I actually thought that was Doom 3 for a second there. I was seriously getting ready to redirect you to the Doom 3 section, no joke!

Looks terrific - nice texturing, lighting, map design, weapons behavior, enemies.

As I did too think Doom 3 first before seeing the red pickup text on top.

Not really a fan of this to be honest. A high level of detail but done with cheap copy paste detailing, uninteresting layout and a boring mono color Doom 3 texture theme.

I'm pretty sure there's a way to put some color in there without breaking the theme though, like some tek green or something to contrast with those textures?

Rambosee said:

Looking forward to this! Will the resources be allowed to be reused?

all the resources can be reused for create a map for this mod, the mapper only need create the map, all the other things are done (enemies, weapons, textures, etc. Actualy DeathFactory is the only mapper i recruited for this mod, and he want in mind 4 or 5 maps is not a bad idea recruit more mappers. And is not my strong mapping but i am making some maps before for this mod.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICZv6_9BFak

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=087YuCpGUdk

doomero-21 said:

all the resources can be reused for create a map for this mod, the mapper only need create the map, all the other things are done (enemies, weapons, textures, etc. Actualy DeathFactory is the only mapper i recruited for this mod, and he want in mind 4 or 5 maps is not a bad idea recruit more mappers. And is not my strong mapping but i am making some maps before for this mod.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICZv6_9BFak

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=087YuCpGUdk

Shit! I'd love to map for this

sure only you need to know we work doom in gzdoom format. The resources only include the textures, the weapons and enemies. If you or more want participate to this project only pm me for more instructions.

doomero-21 said:

sure only you need to know we work doom in gzdoom format. The resources only include the textures, the weapons and enemies. If you or more want participate to this project only pm me for more instructions.

Of course, I've PMed you

If I had a good imagineation for mapping I'd definitely join, but my biggest problem is coming up with an idea. Execution falls flat after the idea then.

Clonehunter said:

If I had a good imagineation for mapping I'd definitely join, but my biggest problem is coming up with an idea. Execution falls flat after the idea then.

that is my problem too **

I think Doom 3's atmosphere doesn't convert well to sprite resources, but it looks like a great mod either way. Its mods like these that make me hope that one day GZDoom will support some form of bumpmapping, but thats probably very wishfull thinking. :)

Good luck on the project.

Very nice looking wad you have here. I also thought this was doom 3 at first.

Funny story when i first looked at the project title i thought it said Revenge of the Fallen, and i thought to myself whaaa transformers doom? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But anyways back on topic..

Will you be putting the arachnotron and spidermastermind monsters into this wad? I know they arnt officially in doom3 but there are a few mods for doom 3 that made some stunning models for them that basically fit into the doom3 atmosphere.

Thats my 2 cents anyways, I hope you finish this project it looks great.

Alwaysdoomed said:

Very nice looking wad you have here. I also thought this was doom 3 at first.

Funny story when i first looked at the project title i thought it said Revenge of the Fallen, and i thought to myself whaaa transformers doom? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But anyways back on topic..

Will you be putting the arachnotron and spidermastermind monsters into this wad? I know they arnt officially in doom3 but there are a few mods for doom 3 that made some stunning models for them that basically fit into the doom3 atmosphere.

Thats my 2 cents anyways, I hope you finish this project it looks great.

spider mastermind and arachnotron were added long time ago.

holy shit this has some potential to become something great!

making a 15 map WAD PSX-style with this mod would not be bad!

D_GARG said:

holy shit this has some potential to become something great!

making a 15 map WAD PSX-style with this mod would not be bad!

i want more than 32 levels.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Illegally stolen resources, model-to-sprite rips, pretty lo-fi level design, doesn't really use the source port you're aiming for in any meaningful way

Not trying to knock the effort you're putting in, but the mod looks really ugly and your effort would be better spent learning how to make one really good map or something @DeathFactoryX

doomero-21 said:

Incorrect.

kristus said:

They weren't even allowed to be used to begin with.

ok i guess i finished with map01, now time to work with the map03 (map 03 is done, but i need to add the cinematics and add more monsters), map02 i will create later, that map will be a hell map.