Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Olympus

Midnight Fight- A Random Doom 2 map

Recently I wanted to make a multi-level wad inspired by Alien Vendetta. I decided to quit working on it but I finished the first level so I thought I'd upload it here. Its made for Map 01 so it is short and easy. Tested in skulltag and prboom+.

http://www.mediafire.com/?25afccb11tzz5ob

Pic of starting area:

Tell me what you think!

Thanks to the author of stars2.wad for the sky.

I just had a play of this map, and it is actually quite a good map. Good use of space and textures, really nice environment to play in.

I thought the two hell knights and the revenant right at the end were unnecessary, the entire map is early level monsters, and I think it would have been better to finish that way, rather than introduce heavies right at the end.

But otherwise a good, enjoyable map.

Also, check your PM's :)

The only bug I found was that it is possible to bypass linedefs 17 and 18 and not raise the hell knights at the far side of that walkway.

[edit] and the fact that you can pick up the blue key without triggering the monster closet associated with it.

Nice map, I recorded a first attempt demo on it if you're interested in seeing someone play through it blindly. Link

I liked it, and I also liked the HKs + revenant at the end. I don't see the point in sticking to small monsters specifically. Could have used a harder difficulty, I found UV way too easy, while Nightmare was slightly too hard due to the lack of armor and backtracking. Hmm, scratch that, I should just play on UV -fast. Good map.

Edit: right, on -fast it's perfect. Had a frantic end fight against the two hellknights, starting at 3 hit points, ending up falling back down into the slime to dodge their projectiles. Great stuff.

http://www.securitronlinux.com/files/

I have uploaded your map to my webspace for a faster download link, and I recorded a demo of me finishing this map as well. I used prboom v2.5.0 with complevel 2 and finished it very easily. This map reminds me more of the Master Levels maps like Vesperas and Minos with the dark starry sky.

Good job.

Is it possible to get 100% kills on UV? Immediately after the blue door on the right there are some monsters that I can't figure out how to reach.