Cacodemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Interception - FINAL VERSION Released!
Pages (30): « First ... « 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 » ... Last »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 08:14. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
MegaDoomer
Loser

To anyone who has already contributed finished or near-finished maps or other work to this project, if you want me to test your work or even give it a look, please send me a private message with links to the maps/other material or email them to me at bdl816@aol.com. I will be happy to test all material related to this project, given sufficient time to do so. :) Thanks.

Old Post 09-28-11 04:40 #
MegaDoomer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Razen

I'm probably going to go through my level and make it more co-op friendly.

Speaking of which, it just occurred to me that I forgot to send my level to the other beta-testers. Doh! I will after I'm done fixing it up.

Old Post 09-28-11 23:44 #
Razen is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Processingcontrol

[DUMB QUESTION]

In coop, when one player picks up a weapon/health/ammo/power-up, are other players unable to get it?

[/DUMB QUESTION]

Old Post 09-29-11 03:39 #
Processingcontrol is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
valkiriforce
Forum Regular

Processingcontrol said:
[DUMB QUESTION]

In coop, when one player picks up a weapon/health/ammo/power-up, are other players unable to get it?

[/DUMB QUESTION]

I think in vanilla the weapon can be grabbed only once, though some source ports do allow for multiple pick-ups (but that's not the case for this project).

Old Post 09-29-11 04:40 #
valkiriforce is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Processingcontrol

valkiriforce said:

I think in vanilla the weapon can be grabbed only once, though some source ports do allow for multiple pick-ups (but that's not the case for this project).

Thanks!

What if everyone dies and there aren't any weapons left over. Would everyone be stuck with pistols?

Old Post 09-29-11 04:43 #
Processingcontrol is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Razen

I think if everybody dies the map resets, so you could pick up the weapons again.

Old Post 09-29-11 05:03 #
Razen is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Matt534Dog

Coming from someone who has actually played coop in Chocolate Doom, the weapons stay when you pick them up. You have unlimited respawns as well, so the level never resets unless you reset the server.

Old Post 09-29-11 05:24 #
Matt534Dog is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Razen

Ah, okay. The only co-op I've played is Skulltag. I know, blasphemous :P

If we DO set up a co-op server, I'd be willing to play with you guys; Mostly because I think it would be really fun. I don't play co-op all that much.

Old Post 09-29-11 06:19 #
purist

Matt534Dog said:
Coming from someone who has actually played coop in Chocolate Doom, the weapons stay when you pick them up. You have unlimited respawns as well, so the level never resets unless you reset the server.

That's correct. Keys also stay but health, ammo and powerups do not. Monsters stay dead. You might want to bear this in mind and allow a little extra flagged multiplayer only. Other co-op tips is not to let important areas get closed off forever so it doesn't break if both players die and have key doors stay open to prevent players who die having to backtrack for keys too much.

Old Post 09-29-11 06:43 #
purist is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Matt534Dog

I'm going to start sending my maps to the testers with music and new skies included. I want them to play the maps with the intended atmosphere, instead of the bare-bones map.

Also, mappers, be sure to send your maps to one of the musicians for better composition. I think the music turns out much better when it is composed directly for the levels.

Old Post 10-04-11 04:57 #
Matt534Dog is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Processingcontrol

Do you think the musicians could claim slots on this thread based on the pictures, and then we send the music to whoever claims it? I think it'd be a lot easier for everybody that way.

Old Post 10-04-11 21:55 #
Matt534Dog

That could work. I'll try it and see how it works out.

Old Post 10-04-11 22:07 #
Processingcontrol

Some shots of MAP27:

http://i.imgur.com/Pl18N.png

http://i.imgur.com/Ufdlq.png

Old Post 10-04-11 22:22 #
Matt534Dog

Attention to all musicians!

Be sure to claim a map slot to compose music for! When the slot is clamed, the map will be sent to you. When you receive the map, play it! This way, the music will fit the map much better.

Last edited by Matt534Dog on 10-05-11 at 21:00

Old Post 10-05-11 05:06 #
Processingcontrol

Also, maybe the temporary track used could be listed next to the level? That would make it even easier for composers to choose a map they'd like to make a midi for.

Old Post 10-05-11 21:50 #
Matt534Dog

Could you elaborate? I don't exactly understand what you mean.

Old Post 10-06-11 03:34 #
Processingcontrol

List the temporary track used for each map so the musicians can get an idea of what the track they make should be like.

Old Post 10-06-11 04:10 #
Matt534Dog

By temporary tracks, do you mean finished tracks? Or the track it currently uses? I'm sorry if I'm being a bit of a pain by asking this.

Old Post 10-06-11 04:45 #
purist

I think he means to use an already existing track that is roughly what you have in mind for your level so musicians have a guide/concept to work from.

Old Post 10-06-11 06:28 #
purist is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Matt534Dog

I feel like the musicians should just do their thing. They are much more musically talented than I, after all.

Also, I'm putting the finished music tracks up for display soon!

EDIT: The music tracks are up! Just click on "Listen" next to the map name on the list.

Old Post 10-09-11 01:40 #
Processingcontrol

I listened to the music tracks and they're all great! They seem sort of like doom style tracks crossed with heretic style tracks, which is a cool combo.

Old Post 10-09-11 03:11 #
Matt534Dog

^All credit goes to XenoNemisis!

Last edited by Matt534Dog on 10-09-11 at 19:29

Old Post 10-09-11 03:12 #
Marnetmar
Forum Staple

Hmm, I just got a very evil idea for my map...;) Can I change its slot to MAP24?

Last edited by Marnetmar on 10-09-11 at 03:56

Old Post 10-09-11 03:42 #
Marnetmar is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Matt534Dog

^No problem! Have fun!

Old Post 10-09-11 04:09 #
C30N9

XenoNemisis! You're welcome for making music for my maps!

You're a kind of musician which I like.

Old Post 10-09-11 19:48 #
C30N9 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DeathevokatioN

I'm still looking forward to this, keep up the good work guys and Processingcontrol those screenshots look great.

Old Post 10-09-11 19:57 #
DeathevokatioN is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Matt534Dog

Updated the OP with new music for MAP07! Also, screenshots will be added to MAP23 very soon. Keep a look out for those!

Old Post 10-12-11 04:35 #
phobosdeimos1

Ah god, Tester doesn't like some of the stuff I did but it's gonna have to stay...

WHO LIKES IMPERFECTIONS IN MAPS? MEEEEEEE

Old Post 10-12-11 04:46 #
phobosdeimos1 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Marnetmar
Forum Staple

Hell is bad, mmkay?

Old Post 10-12-11 04:52 #
Marnetmar is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
valkiriforce
Forum Regular

phobosdeimos1 said:
WHO LIKES IMPERFECTIONS IN MAPS? MEEEEEEE

I like SUPPORT3 in a 32x32 space.

Old Post 10-12-11 05:01 #
valkiriforce is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote