Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Also, if it doesn't bother you too much, maybe you should replace the description of Map31 with the following edited version without some idiotic spelling/grammar mistakes I made:

My first Interception map. It's not nearly as good as the other two, though I guess I'm pretty satisfied with the one-week build time, which is ultra-fast by my standards. The theme is the level's main attraction, though in retrospect I think I could have handled it better. For example, the main cavern could definitely use loads of more height variation. In Icarus Map20 (one of the two levels in that wad that this was inspired by), not only did the concept have better execution, but it was extended by having both upside-down and "normal" treks through the same abstract structure. Still, there are a few things here that hopefully make playing it worthwhile. I don't think the idea for the secret exit has ever been used before...

Regarding MAP10: How am I supposed to reach sector 124 alive (32 units height), to get 100% secrets?

Sorry for not posting this earlier, but I've been busy lately. Here's the latest fix with the updated ZMAPINFO (as well as some text file revisions):

http://www.mediafire.com/download/yhsjzdq7n5dodbn/intercep.zip

EDIT: Also, as it turns out, I've been forgetting to update the link in the OP all this time! I'm sorry if you missed the final update due to checking the link in the OP instead of the posts I make here. Either way, it's updated now.

Possible bug in MAP13:

There is a maze in a room near the blue skull key which raises two times while passing lines. Most of the maze is sector 108; but a part with a rocket crate on it, near a stairway, is sector 109. Because it has no slightly higher adjacent floors, it cannot raise. I believe it should be part of sector 108, too.

Another issue in MAP31:

The bars blocking the secret exit switch (sectors 390-393, tag 25) are activated by a switch behind them (line 1496). Are you certain it has the correct special (23: S1 down to lower floor by touching)? I would expect it to use another one, because it seems to be impossible to reach the switch to lower the bars without lowering the bars.

LigH said:

Another issue in MAP31:

The bars blocking the secret exit switch (sectors 390-393, tag 25) are activated by a switch behind them (line 1496). Are you certain it has the correct special (23: S1 down to lower floor by touching)? I would expect it to use another one, because it seems to be impossible to reach the switch to lower the bars without lowering the bars.

Yep, the special's correct. Accessing the secret exit requires a completely different strategy than the one you seem to be expecting.

---------------

EDIT: More bugs:

Slime trail in Map28:
http://i.imgur.com/2MUoGZL.png
(Here's a fixed version of the map)

The level names on the automap are still wrong in Prboom+.

HoM in MAP26 above the lion button at the blood pool with teleporter ceiling (lines 5823 and 5824 matching line 4064) in Risen3D.

Same for the chimney above the fence in the Mancubi hall (lines 6174 and 6175 matching line 2342).
__

MAP28:

I believe sector 835 (center of the bridge) was intended to raise surprisingly? Then its linedefs should possibly be self-referencing to hide it below the surrounding sector 588.
__

End text:

BUT, AS IT TURNS OUT, YOUR JOB WAS
ONLY GETTING STARTED.  BARBATOS WAS
ONLY A MASK TO HIDE THE PORTAL THE
DEMONS USED TO MAKE IT HERE. THERE'S. «{Why this dot?}
NO WAY IN HELL YOU'RE GONNA LET THOSE
DEMONS WIN. NOT IN THIS LIFETIME.

For some strange reason, I never saw the intermission texts in Risen3D.

LigH said:

MAP28:
I believe sector 835 (center of the bridge) was intended to raise surprisingly? Then its linedefs should possibly be self-referencing to hide it below the surrounding sector 588.

Nope - it currently works as intended.

Submitted the final version to /idgames. Thanks for all the support and help, you guys! See you all in Interception: Part II!

So is this the super final ultra version that was done after the Megawad club inspired changes and updates?

i can't figure out which version is the latest one. the one in this thread and the one on the dw megawad club seem to have different map orders

so if final version is the one in this thread,the names of the maps on the automap are wrong too

Matt534Dog said:

Unless there's a super, ultra, game-breaking bug found, yes.

I just ran into this myself, but in the latest version on /idgames, you can't finish MAP19 (Alpha Tower). The two key switches don't open their doors for some reason.

the problem is, that the switches for blue and red keycards have a door open stay (fast) triggers for two door sectors... which are next to each other... and, when either of these two door sectors try to *open* by raising its ceiling, then it check for the closest ceiling around the sector.. which is always the other door sector, so neither of the doors ever open.

This is a serious issue of the most important piece of software on the earth and now it is going to explode!

Not really, but it should be fixed.

In the same vein, I can't get past the Spider Mastermind room in MAP29. All the monsters are dead, but the teleporter on the mancubi ledge just sends you back to just before the line that teleports you there in the first place. I'm guessing that the trap line was supposed to be single use?

From the most recent version I looked into myself, I have a slight issue with the map placement:

MAP06 (the map I made) is now in the MAP05 slot with the music made for MAP05. I thought the level was much more a MAP06 than a MAP05 since it is the longest map of the first six and I created it with that intention. Also it was meant to have the music that MAP06 currently holds so I personally prefer this slot for my map.

MAP23 (another map I worked on with C30N9) is now MAP24, which places it after an (IMO) especially hard map; felt this one was also more fitting for the 23 slot.

And it seems kmxexii already covered my concern for the Mastermind part of MAP29.

When will people learn to use version numbers?
I mean what was the point in naming the zip "interfin" when the files in the achive have the exact same name as dozens of prior versions?

Do you have any idea how frustrating it can be to ensure everyone has the same version to play online - where wad authentication is required? :/

Hi guys, not trying to bump the thread here but I'm just asking, will there ever be a fixed final version of Interception that allows maps 19 and 29 to be finished without cheating?

Lingyan203 said:

not trying to bump the thread here

That's not a very fitting statement when bumping more than a year old thread. -_-

Lingyan203 said:

Hi guys, not trying to bump the thread here but I'm just asking, will there ever be a fixed final version of Interception that allows maps 19 and 29 to be finished without cheating?

Since it's been bumped.

It's like a five-minute fix in an editor.

MAP19 - add a two-unit floor-to-ceiling sector between the Red and Blue Key doors, making each door three units wide instead of four. Re-align the door track textures. Fixed.

MAP29 - there were more issues than just the repeating teleport (two possible inescapable areas, missing textures, a stuck imp, torches in the middle of a hallway, four Arachnos that never teleported in), but to just finish the level, just change line 1582, linedef tag 20, from WR to W1. Fixed.

Re-save the wad and play. That's what I did.

@EffinghamHuffnagel How do I do that? I'm not very good at editing maps with Doombuilder since I hardly used it before.