Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Marnetmar said:

Thanks a ton for finishing Map12, Pottus! Still cracking away on MAP24.

Hey no problem it had to be done so it got done, who knows if it's anything like it was originally intended. I was told a tower with a series of teleports so that is what I tried to achieve in this map. It is non-linear and there are several paths you could take and plenty of optional areas to explore and for the time spent I don't think it looks like a 24-hour special :)

^If you're asking about the beta, it'll be released in a day or two. I've just sent my last maps in. As of now, we're just waiting on Marnetmar.

Also, Here's an INTERPIC that I whipped up in about 15 minutes:

Really nice INTERPIC I must say.

And it's nice to hear that the megawad is soon finished, I'm really looking forward to it!

Wow, that's a great INTERPIC, surprised it looks so nice in the Doom color palette.

franckFRAG is right. Instead of waiting on Marnetmar, I've decided to release the first Interception beta with a placeholder MAP24 instead (valkiriforce's speedmap). Be sure to play it with the .deh to get the full experience. Enjoy:

http://matt534dog.webs.com/Interception_Beta_1.zip

Also, keep in mind that most of the soundtrack is a placeholder for now. If the OP says a map doesn't have music by XenoNemisis, then it has a placeholder song (except for MAP05, which also has a placeholder song).

Awesome!

Looks like I somehow forgot to send MattDog the updated version of Map13. :| I'll send it to him ASAP.

Updated the download link with an updated .wad file that includes the updated MAP13. Re-download if you need must.

Can we all play an active role in improvements? I'd really like to go through each map and go hyper-critical on texture alignments :D

Huh, I don't think I got most of the episode 3 maps. Playing through them I'm kind of impressed. There's a lot of cool stuff near the end.

Also Matt, I think you should add some trees and maybe a mountain of some kind at the start of MAP01 (Behind the grating). Otherwise I'd say it's a huge improvement over the original :D

Of course, Matt and if anyone else wants to request some improvements point out what you would like.

Edit: Well I've already done texture alignments too so I'll post the changes anyways.

Should be good now Matt

I'd prefer if you let me know of any improvements that need to be made on my maps, thank you.

Oh and the WAD contains two of MAP16. Not sure if that was handled yet.

^lolderp fixed. I'd like also critiques on, not only my maps, but the story texts and the artwork as well (although, the TITLEPIC got a fair bit of critique).

valkiriforce said:

I'd prefer if you let me know of any improvements that need to be made on my maps, thank you.

Oh and the WAD contains two of MAP16. Not sure if that was handled yet.

Well your texture alignment was perfect, checking over it the alignment was all done purposeful and it's like that throughout the whole map I'm not a butcher to change anything if it's like that. Any other maps I'll least look over and if there is anything i'll let you know :)

valkiriforce said:

Same with me.

Processingcontrol said:

Same with me.

Too many things to list, it's all small stuff and to be honest I just went through map 13 and changed about 100 things I noticed that were off I don't see why you wouldn't want the changes someone else can make that you might be missing yourself. It's a waste of time to point out everything I find when I could just make the changes in 15 minutes and send it back.

Well can you at least send me your updated version of the map? I'd like to see if the fixes you made didn't change anything intentional.