Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

^ Those screens look good, but the one in the middle is a little boring. Other than that, I love the look of the third one.

Thanks for the feedback. I want to make monster closets at the boring one.

I also maybe create a title using photoshop. But I want to know how big size it should be and how to change a picture to Doom format.

Well, if you mean file size, it really doesn't matter to me. But, if you mean image size, then make sure it can be scaled down to 320x200 without losing that much detail. To change an image to Doom format, open a program like Slade, which is what I'm using, and right-click on an image and select convert to Doom format. But, you shouldn't worry about that. I've got that covered.

Here is a plain one. I know it isn't good :P. But I won't work on it now:

EDIT: I nearly finished the layout for my MAP09. The length is good enough for MAP09 (1.5 minutes) without fighting monsters. Do you want to see it?

If you like it then another map will be hopefully in the project. Also after this I'll extend that map in your PM. But I don't see open slots for it in E1 (early slots).

Still working on MAP06; I'll be finished pretty soon, though. I just need to place the things on the map. The map is called, "Dangerous Curves"

Some screenshots:

[EDIT] by the way are the sky textures going to remain the same for this megawad? I might have a possible MAP11 to contribute.

@C30N9: I like it, but it's a little plain. I might just try to color the one I have myself. Also, I would like to see that map.

@valkiriforce: Looking good, but make sure the map is named after an actual place you would find in a techbase, if that's alright with you.

Matt534Dog said:

@valkiriforce: Looking good, but make sure the map is named after an actual place you would find in a techbase, if that's alright with you.

...I feel really stupid right now; I've just read the first post again and it seems the part about having a specific theme for your map has completely slipped my mind. The level I made is sort of like the "random map" you spoke against; except it's not so much that it's totally random in theme, but it's like something that could have been found on idgames as some standard "custom" level (instead of conveying a specific atmosphere). I think this map would do better somewhere else (I have something else I'm working on). Sorry for the trouble. You can free that MAP06 slot for anyone to take unless I can think of something specific to do.

It's alright. The screens actually looked like they would've fit quite well. But, if you say so, I'll remove your name off of that slot.

Matt534Dog said:

It's alright. The screens actually looked like they would've fit quite well. But, if you say so, I'll remove your name off of that slot.

Well, I could send you the map to look at and you could tell me what you think about it. It kind of mixes themes but it does so without feeling too out of place; or at least that's what I was trying for.

Well I hope it fits the atmosphere of the levels that are being made. Maybe I could contribute a sky texture? I do have one sky texture I've never used if you're interested:

But of course I could always try making something else.

Cool; you can do with it whatever you like.

[EDIT] Are you sure I can't just call my map Dangerous Curves? Part of the fun in making maps is that you get to name them, usually. Anyway, your call.

I was just suggesting that the name should be part of a techbase. If you're absolutely hell bent on calling it Dangerous Curves, so be it.

Nice pic. If I'm just a good artist on the computer I would have drawn that.

And thanks for the feedback of my map, I'll try to make it as you requested. After this I think I'll claim either MAP25-MAP28, long time since I didn't make a hellish one. I'm better at hell levels ;).

^That's exactly what I will do.

Thank you for the complements everyone! I'll try to have it finished as soon as possible.

These are the only changes to make it look dirtier. How does it look?

(I noticed the texturing issue in the broken gap, I fixed it)

If you're ok with this. I'll add monsters.

I just remembered something, I have an old unfinished map that was originally part of a project called Portals.wad, I don't plan on touching it again any time soon, but if somebody would like to use this map as a base for a level for this project, feel free to do so. You don't have to give me credit.

Screens:

http://i.imgur.com/6eqXM.png
http://i.imgur.com/fKGQD.png

Because it's exactly as I left it, it contains a custom sky and custom soundtrack which you should probably remove. I'm not so sure about vanilla compatibility because it was originally designed for limit removing ports.

MAP12-MAP20: Maps 12-20 take place in an underground necropolis, inhabited solely by demons.

This is probably too cartoony looking, but for some reason I thought of the background from the first Donkey Kong Country cave level for the sky.

Bleh. Added monsters and the map was pretty easy, I spent like 4 minutes on it. How much the difficulty do you want it to be?

EDIT: Can you explain what do you mean by Evilution level?

Matt534Dog said:

I want it to be around Evilution in terms of difficulty.

Do you mean TNT? I really don't get it.