Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hmm, my map seems to be having a problem with vanilla. It opens in chocolatedoom but the very moment I press an arrow key, it crashes. What could be the cause for this? Searched the map for errors, came up with nothing.

Strange... Maybe something is missing from the level. Or maybe something is wrong with Chocolate Doom itself. Send your map to me so that I can try it out.

The problem seemed to be where you put the player start. I moved it to inside the cave, and it worked perfectly. I suggest you do the same.

I'm dumping Bloody Castle and start over. Because it needs a specific texture which is custom.

I don't have ideas right now, but maybe I'll make an "Escape from" map (a homage map to the original one) if that's ok with you.

C30N9 said:

I'm dumping Bloody Castle and start over. Because it needs a specific texture which is custom.

I don't have ideas right now, but maybe I'll make an "Escape from" map (a homage map to the original one) if that's ok with you.

Dang, that map was looking really cool, too. Maybe I could help out?

valkiriforce said:

Dang, that map was looking really cool, too. Maybe I could help out?

Thanks, man. Actually, this map was being made for PRCP, so I pretty much know what will be at the first point. However, it is in hell, and I need the use of the gray bricks, but they don't resemble hell. The only texture that fits is the white/gray bricks from Plutonia. I'll try to find something else since you liked it :), thank you for the offer.

EDIT: Have sent an update to Matt534Dog for MAP25.

That's it. I'm bored of my MAP23, anyone interested of taking it then he is going to get it. But valkiriforce is the first one who shown interest. If he wants it he'll get it.

Also, thanks for sending me your maps. Though they all look long (monster count), I managed to play most of MAP06. Surprisingly, I haven't found any issues at all! Really! Usually I would fill my test results with pictures, but I can't find places to include. It is non-linear and has variety in gameplay. Good job.

EDIT: Sometimes I speak too soon, but I just found something that MAY solve MAP23 slot. Yet I have to check first. Check EDIT2 for results.

Matt534Dog said:

How's this for an ending?

You turn evil and become the King of Hell...

Nah, the good guys have to win and beat the living hell out of hell!

As for the open map slots, I think I'll wait just in case someone else comes along and wants to make a map. If it's just going to sit there empty for awhile, I may make another map...

Well, the "thing" is actually an unfinished map that was made for CC4. But I asked TGH if I can take it for this project and leave open slots over there. It will get MAP23 if yes.

Well, this is what I've wrote for the ending text screen, if it makes the idea sound any better:

YOU STAND VICTORIOUS OVER THE HORDE.
EVERY DEMON IN SIGHT TREMBLES AT YOUR
PRESENCE. AS YOU PREPARE TO RID THE
WORLD OF HELLSPAWN FOREVER, YOU FEEL
A DARK SENSATION...

YOU FEEL MORE POWERFUL NOW THAN EVER
BEFORE. THE DEMONS NOW HAIL YOU AS
THEIR KING. AS YOU STEP DOWN FROM THE
CORPSE OF BARBATOS, YOU FEEL UNHOLY.
DARK THOUGHTS START GOING THROUGH YOUR
HEAD AS YOU SETTLE DOWN AND TAKE YOUR
THRONE AS THE NEW KING OF HELL.

REBUILDING HELL OUGHT TO BE A LOT MORE
FUN THAN RUINING IT WAS...

Matt534Dog said:

<snip>

What's the fun if there's a victory? Here's an idea...

The wall of terror crumbles before you as you stand victorious, knowing that you have conquered Hell once and for all...Or have you?

Does this mean that everything the big guy in church forced into your brain as a kid is false? Where will all the bad people go when they die now? How were you able to destroy demons from hell with only simple mechanical weapons?

Then, it begins to get hot...

...Very, very hot...

...Turns out you weren't even in Hell.

I know it sounds a bit stupid. It was just an idea though.

Besides, I wanted at least some kind of twist at the end...

I agree, the ending should be really out there. Maybe it could have something to do with the portal technology like the first game, only backwards with the demons being trapped in some anti-dimensional space where they can never get through. Doomguy could make a home on Phobos where he keeps all his prized possessions in a gun shop, where he sells all kinds of awesome weaponry to UAC as a veteran of the war against the forces of hell.

I dunno, just throwing out some wacky ideas.

I mean no offense what so ever, but I have a feeling you dont like Matt534Dogs ending because of your beliefs, valkiri? Just asking =)

I really liked it. Nice twist in my opinion.

Not that I have anything to do with this project, just wanted to say I liked the twist.

Oh no. Are you all gonna do the "they're not demons after all! You can't kill demons with guns!" crap? Didn't we suffer enough with the DOOM movie and novels?

Megamur said:

Oh no. Are you all gonna do the "they're not demons after all! You can't kill demons with guns!" crap? Didn't we suffer enough with the DOOM movie and novels?

If "you all" are Marnetmar, then maybe? Also he was just throwing out an idea.