Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pcorf

2002 ADO 10th year edition (RELEASED)

pcorf said:

I might have mentioned this before but 2002ADO will have a new filename 2002AD10.WAD.

Why not 2012ADO? :P

And for the M10's, I've always preferred "E#M0" over "E#M10", since the number of digits matches.

Hexadecimals! E1MA, E1MB, E1MC, E1MD, E1ME, E1MF... Heck, you can go up to E1MZ and say you're using base 36 (a sexatrigesimal number).

Graf Zahl said:

I'd rather have the sorting match. :P (10 > 9)

I'm still scarred by old versions of Windows where this wasn't the case. You'd have had to have "E1M01", "E1M02", etc. to have it work. :P

Gez's idea is the real winner, though. :D

I dunno guys, "Mission 10" sounds a hell of a lot cooler than "Mission A". Makes it seem like Doomguy is so stupid that he can't count past 9 and has to resort to letters to express anything beyond a single digit number. Even WOLF3D had E#M10; Mission 10 was always the secret level if I remember correctly.

Work on the new E3M5 is underway. Plenty of fire and lava throughout.

Planning to release 2002AD10 in late August.

E3M5 is progressing well. A more traditional E3 style map. I have named it "Blood and Guts" .... the map is about 60-70% done in layout.

Once E3M5 is done I will rework the Secret Wolfenstein level (unmerge all sectors) or perhaps I will make an all new Secret Wolfenstein Level.

ENDOOM screen has been updated.

Episode 4 music .... E4M1 and E4M2 done.

Release date: Aiming to release it before the end of August.

General Rainbow Bacon said:

Freakin' sweet screens. I really like the skylight in the fourth one in the first screenshot post.

Cheers. Its been a fun map to make and I just hope to get the gameplay better than my usual efforts in the past.

I could give some tips for that if you want. Have you played the betas of my "Alpha Paradox"? I'll PM you things I like to see as far as gameplay.

I forgot Lost Souls:
One word: Irritating. Put them wherever it would be most irritating :)

Today I worked on the Secret Wolfenstien Level so it is retained in 2002ado (2002AD10.WAD) upon requests from people who didn't want to see it get removed.

It has been moved to E5M2. Accessible from the new E3M5 with the secret exit switch accompanied with ZDOOM ONLY signs taken from WOS. All sectors in E4M9 are now un-merged so the map is no longer 1 big sector which would cause issues in certain ports and all Former Humans have now been replaced with the blue SS Nazis.

ZDOOM only sign added at secret exit in E2M4 that goes to E5M1 (Surfin the Mighty Green).

In non ZDOOM ports the secret exits just go to E2M9 and E3M9.

Minor cosmetic changes made to all maps such as texture alignment. I went over E1M3 and E1M6 and made some changes, especially to E1M6 by adding a large outdoor courtyard in the NE of the map.

ENDOOM screen has been updated as well.

Release Date has been announced. It will be August 30, 2012. Exactly 10 years after the original release.

This gives plenty of time to compose the rest of the music and final tweaking/playtesting.

Memfis said:

Found some floating items on e3m5: http://www.wuala.com/kuchitsu/Doom_SCREEN/2002ad10_beta.wad/doom985.jpg/ (port - prboom-plus)
And don't you think that 280 plasma cells in one secret is a bit too much? It's not even a difficult secret, compared to e1m5.

Thanks for the find. I never had a problem with the floating shells but I will address them and probably move the shells. Maybe widen the island or move them to the surrounding hallway.

I will wait for more feedback over the coming days ......

The small bug I mentioned way back is still present. E3M6 line 778 is missing an upper back-side texture - HOM. Needs GSTVINE1.

hawkwind said:

The small bug I mentioned way back is still present. E3M6 line 778 is missing an upper back-side texture - HOM. Needs GSTVINE1.

I never took any notice of that. But thanks very much and that has been fixed along with the island in E3M5 which has been widened.

Few structural feedback notes/suggestions:

The presence of original UDoom skies benefits overall, but I feel E2M9 loses its atmosphere some without the Heretic sky and E4M9 (former E3M5) is not as scary/sinister without the black starry sky. Just these two cases, and they're both secret levels.

I think the original E4M1 is just enough to warrant preserving, maybe make it E5M3 with the exit to it on the new E4M1 and probably not too hard to find which would match the reward (i.e. a short DM made SP level).

The ZDoom only signs aren't going to stop the curious, and those who jump for it in another port might easily end up being able to skip a few normal levels...

d@ngib5on said:

Few structural feedback notes/suggestions:

The presence of original UDoom skies benefits overall, but I feel E2M9 loses its atmosphere some without the Heretic sky and E4M9 (former E3M5) is not as scary/sinister without the black starry sky. Just these two cases, and they're both secret levels.

I think the original E4M1 is just enough to warrant preserving, maybe make it E5M3 with the exit to it on the new E4M1 and probably not too hard to find which would match the reward (i.e. a short DM made SP level).

The ZDoom only signs aren't going to stop the curious, and those who jump for it in another port might easily end up being able to skip a few normal levels...

The original E4M1 is unlikely going to come back. Maybe I might consider adding the Heretic sky back to E2M9 using Sky Transfers but leave E4M9 as it is.

Found a bug on the new e4m1: in prboom-plus linedef 401 doesn't work (targeted sector isn't moving). I'm not sure why this is happening but if you change that line's action to "38 W1 Floor Lower to Lowest Floor", the problem disappears.

By the way how is your Mario project coming along? The screenshots on your website look promising.

Memfis said:

Found a bug on the new e4m1: in prboom-plus linedef 401 doesn't work (targeted sector isn't moving).

Works fine for me in both prboom+ and glboom+ with exe's dated 3rd April 2012.

@pcorf ...

Thankfully, since you used the old zdoom MAPINFO method, the secret exits also work in Risen3D ... :). You might like to mention this also in your text files.

Memfis said:

Found a bug on the new e4m1: in prboom-plus linedef 401 doesn't work (targeted sector isn't moving). I'm not sure why this is happening but if you change that line's action to "38 W1 Floor Lower to Lowest Floor", the problem disappears.

By the way how is your Mario project coming along? The screenshots on your website look promising.

What I did is I changed Linedef 401 to action #38 so it lowers to the lowest floor even though the old action 36 worked with no problems. Obviously its a bug in prboom-plus, maybe something to do with compatibility mode.

My Mario game is about 85-90% done. Its an add-on for Super Mario Brox X v1.3 which is a very good fanmade game that was unfortunately banned by a jealous Nintendo but you can still download from various sites. Its been lotsa fun making this. 10 worlds in total (9 regular and 1 secret)

Good to know about your game, I hope we'll have a chance to play it this summer!

Action 36 works with default compatibility mode (-complevel -1) but doesn't work with doom1 comp. mode (-complevel 3), which is the correct way to play this wad.

Memfis said:

Action 36 works with default compatibility mode (-complevel -1) but doesn't work with doom1 comp. mode (-complevel 3), which is the correct way to play this wad.

Erm ... No. Unlike the original 2002 ADO, this is now a Boom and compatibles megawad. See OP. As such if you continue to play this with complevel 3 some things won't work as desired and possilbly prevent completion of a level.

I think I will upload this wad to idgames within the next 2 weeks. Looks like its going to be released ahead of schedule. So bring on the 10th year edition of 2002ADO.