As of the inclusion of 'Iron Exuviae' to the maplist, we have 23 complete levels for NOVA thus far. We also have what I believe to be at least three near-complete maps, namely 'Extorta Nova', 'Hush' and my own 'Sensorium', which if finished, would bring the map count up to 26 levels. There is also 'River of Blood' which could be a decent map if polished and completed, and 'Roundtable' is on the cards for inclusion if we don't finish by the end of June, which is two months away. With these two maps included, the level count jumps up to 28, leaving us with only 4 more maps needed and 5 more if we want to delete 'Roundtable' from the maplist. Almost all of the maps have MIDIs in place at this point even if some don't fit as well as their creators would ideally want and sky textures are being taken into consideration.
Here's how I think the deadline system should work:
32 finished maps before June 30th:
- 'Roundtable' is excluded from final release.
- July 31st shall be the deadline in terms of getting everything ready for an /idgames release. In this time we sort the maps, test them, and add custom huds/title pics etc. if we haven't already. Once we've either got all that done to satisfaction or July 31st hits (whichever comes sooner), we compile everything and upload to /idgames. We're done!
31 finished maps before June 30th
- If there is a 32nd map almost finished, we give an extra 14 days (July 14th deadline) for the maker to submit a finished version of it to us. If it submitted beyond that date, we cannot make promises for its inclusion.
- If we don't get a near finished map, 'Roundtable' is included as the 32nd finished map of the wad.
- July 31st deadline for /idgames release preparation as above.
28-30 maps finished on June 30th.
- 'Roundtable' is included, bumping up map total to somewhere between 29-31 levels.
- We wait until July 14th for any near-finished maps to be included within this time. If this jumps the map total up to 33, 'Roundtable' is discluded from the final project release.
- If after this we are left with 1-3 map slots unfilled, we are committed to finishing the project and we give an extra two months (31st August deadline) for additional maps to be submitted for the project. 14 September shall be the deadline if there is a near finished map on August 31st and we still have not reached 32 maps.
- Deadline for uploading to /idgames is at latest 30th September (otherwise, a month from when we recieve the last map to fill the wad)
27 finished maps or less on June 30th:
- 'Roundtable' is included in final release, bringing the total up to at most 28 maps.
- Wait until July 14th for any more near-finished maps to be completed, if we get them and the total jumps to 29 maps, including 'Roundtable', we follow the above rules and wait until August 31st for more maps, uploading to /idgames on September 30th/a month from when we get the 32nd map.
- Otherwise, July 31st deadline for sorting everything out as listed above and then we submit to /idgames.