User Profile | New Blog | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | Member List | Search Forums | Register | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Morons > Post Hell > Doomguy's Warzone Gold Edition
Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 08:25.   
Doomguy 2000
Banned

The wad that I have been working on is finally here. You get to choose from 90 different difficulties and player classes. This also comes with my own maps and storyline to go with it.

There are 2 different versions. The maps are meant to be played with the normal Doom difficulties so when selecting these new ones I made they won't do much except maybe increase the ammo factor. They only replace the normal actors like the Zombieman for example. I hope I have cleared up some of this confusion that people were having. My final words of advise is to read the readmes since they will help you out when it come to stuff like this.

Regular version recommend for this community because we already know how to combine wad together.
It comes with Wargold.pk3 and Warmaps.wad.
http://www.mediafire.com/?qher6wsoaon755b

Old Link:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=106DDCS3

For those who don't know how to combine Wads and still want to play some of my maps.
This is Wargold and Warmaps combined into what is called Warstory.pk3.
http://www.mediafire.com/?oreai8lca26w7kx

Old Link:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=URA1DXCZ

I have learned much from the criticism and also addressed some of the complaints such as the wall of text and replacing the Shadow Warrior quad shotgun with Cannon shotgun. You can check out the readme for all of the changes and improvements I made over the year. There's also separate text documents for the difficulties, player classes, help for new people who don't know much about the advancements of ZDoom and credits.

The credits have also been improved with me making sure I track the person of people who made the monsters, weapons, and items.

There are some difficulties meant to be impossible, innovative gameplay ideas I came up myself, novelty joke, etc.

Released Trailer with some varied gameplay footage.

The hour 1 trailer I posted 3 weeks ago.

Just like before you can vote on the polls for feedback such as the rating you would give it.
http://www.doomguy2000.com/feedback.html

Hopefully you guys like this wad more than the original but like always I am interested in what you think about all of this.

I don't have any screenshots here but you can check them out on the ZDoom wiki page I made for Gold Edition.

http://zdoom.org/wiki/Doomguy's_Warzone_Gold_Edition

The original Doomguy's Warzone for those still interested:
http://www.mediafire.com/?jbb6gm6ibe93o8e

Last edited by Doomguy 2000 on 01-21-12 at 08:15

Old Post 11-24-11 04:08
Doomguy 2000 is offline Profile || Click here to Send Doomguy 2000 a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
esselfortium
A Major Doomworld Concern

*clicks wiki link*

http://zdoom.org/w/images/thumb/d/d4/Gold_Title_5.jpeg/800px-Gold_Title_5.jpeg

I see...

Old Post 11-24-11 04:14
esselfortium is offline Profile || Click here to Send esselfortium a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Csonicgo

http://www.oneyearnovel.com/images/LaughingGirls_laptop.jpg

Old Post 11-24-11 04:18
Csonicgo is offline Profile || Click here to Send Csonicgo a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
40oz
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

for realzies?

Old Post 11-24-11 04:19
40oz is offline Profile || Click here to Send 40oz a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doomguy 2000
Banned

I posted the wiki link for screenshots but if you want I can post some on the thread but the videos should hopefully be good enough when it comes to stuff involving this wad.

Old Post 11-24-11 04:23
Doomguy 2000 is offline Profile || Click here to Send Doomguy 2000 a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

*reads wiki page, and then watches trailer*

Is this a jokewad?

Old Post 11-24-11 04:50
The Green Herring is offline Profile || Click here to Send The Green Herring a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Snakes
Forum Staple

I...

Old Post 11-24-11 04:54
Snakes is offline Profile || Click here to Send Snakes a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
bytor
& the snow dog

Is the Playboy rag a player class? Monster?

Is there a toilet in this wad that I can sit on while reading the Playboy? Hell, it looks like you got everything else in here.

I'm gonna need a sink and some towels, too. None of that hand-blower bullshit. Also, a mirror so I can fix my hair before leaving the bathroom.

Only then will I be ready to battle a Bieber.

Old Post 11-24-11 07:51
bytor is offline Profile || Click here to Send bytor a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doomguy 2000
Banned

The playboy logo is the menu header that has replaced the old Doomguy's Warzone menu header and plus to me it look better than the old one.

There is however a player class that has a playboy magazine as a weapon.

The Green Herring said:
Is this a jokewad?
Well yes that's the direction I choose this year for Doomguy's Warzone. Then again it's kind of hard for me to sometimes tell myself since it's Doom the way I want it and like it.

Old Post 11-24-11 07:59
bytor
& the snow dog

Aw c'mon, I got a big kick outta you quoting that. Even started to download this.

still downloading...

Old Post 11-24-11 09:11
bytor is offline Profile || Click here to Send bytor a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Cyanosis
Forum Regular

Goddammit no.

Old Post 11-24-11 16:16
Cyanosis is offline Profile || Click here to Send Cyanosis a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lizardcommando
I'm a good person because I like dogs

Old Post 11-24-11 19:21
Lizardcommando is offline Profile || Click here to Send Lizardcommando a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Fuzzyfireball

I approve. Proceed.

Old Post 11-24-11 19:24
Fuzzyfireball is offline Profile || Click here to Send Fuzzyfireball a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Nems
I don't know how to use the [img] tag

Looks like someone's awfully desperate to win the Worst WAD award for the 2011 Cacowards after being mentioned in last year's choice for worst WAD.

Old Post 11-25-11 02:18
Nems is offline Profile || Click here to Send Nems a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
phobosdeimos1

You're a strong person for persisting in contributing such an extensive mod then updating it even further regardless of the bad feedback it seems to get, it's not my thing but I certainly hold a high level of respect for the amount of time and effort you must have dedicated to creating this, it certainly deserves alot of praise.

Old Post 11-25-11 02:29
phobosdeimos1 is offline Profile || Click here to Send phobosdeimos1 a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doomguy 2000
Banned

phobosdeimos1 said:
You're a strong person for persisting in contributing such an extensive mod then updating it even further regardless of the bad feedback it seems to get, it's not my thing but I certainly hold a high level of respect for the amount of time and effort you must have dedicated to creating this, it certainly deserves alot of praise.
Thank greatly appreciate this comment. It's not as bad here but on the ZDoom forums people are overreacting to this wad apparently. There are posts of people wanting me banned over there.

Old Post 11-25-11 03:07
trooper077

Because it sucked

Old Post 11-25-11 03:15
trooper077 is offline Profile || Click here to Send trooper077 a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
phobosdeimos1

Doomguy 2000 said:

Thank greatly appreciate this comment. It's not as bad here but on the ZDoom forums people are overreacting to this wad apparently. There are posts of people wanting me banned over there.

People can be unashamedly horrible.

Fuck the haters as they say in my Meth addicts anon meeting
Don't stop contributing to Doom, as you said, this is Doom how you like it and it's good that you shared it with us so other people can enjoy it.

Old Post 11-25-11 03:40
phobosdeimos1 is offline Profile || Click here to Send phobosdeimos1 a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
jdagenet

Well, it gave me a good laugh.

Old Post 11-25-11 04:43
jdagenet is offline Profile || Click here to Send jdagenet a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
killer2

phobosdeimos1 said:

People can be unashamedly horrible.

Fuck the haters as they say in my Meth addicts anon meeting
Don't stop contributing to Doom, as you said, this is Doom how you like it and it's good that you shared it with us so other people can enjoy it.

I don't really agree. If people over ZDoom don't like the mod, then stop sharing it. It's no use posting it if no one there likes it..

Old Post 11-25-11 07:07
killer2 is offline Profile || Click here to Send killer2 a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Vordakk
Banned

I don't think anyone should be banned for creating a DOOM mod, unless it presents an illegal or unethical use of resources, is blatantly plagiaristic, or gives users some form of malware.

That said, people have the right to hate on any project you make.

Old Post 11-25-11 10:15
Vordakk is offline Profile || Click here to Send Vordakk a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
xvertigox

killer2 said:

I don't really agree. If people over ZDoom don't like the mod, then stop sharing it. It's no use posting it if no one there likes it..

I disagree 100% with what you said. Expressing yourself creatively is pretty important, even if everyone says "LOL SHIT" it's still an experience to make and release a mod/level/whatever, no matter how shitty.

I don't think anyone should be banned for creating a DOOM mod, unless it presents an illegal or unethical use of resources, is blatantly plagiaristic, or gives users some form of malware.

That said, people have the right to hate on any project you make.

I thought this was pretty obvious tbh. Banning someone for making a bad mod is a sign of terrible, terrible admining. I'd be extremely shocked if he actually did get banned for releasing it.

Old Post 11-25-11 11:08
xvertigox is offline Profile || Click here to Send xvertigox a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Phml
Forum Spammer

"unethical use of resources"

Seems to fit that wad pretty well to me.

Old Post 11-25-11 11:43
Phml is offline Profile || Click here to Send Phml a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Vordakk
Banned

Phml said:
"unethical use of resources"

Seems to fit that wad pretty well to me.

You're probably right. Admittedly, I haven't even watched the full video I shut it off after about 20 seconds because that's all I could bear.

Old Post 11-25-11 12:52
Vordakk is offline Profile || Click here to Send Vordakk a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
MajorRawne

Er... Hmm. I'd have watched more than 30 seconds of the video, but I suddenly realised I'd rather have Nurgle's Rot.

Old Post 11-25-11 13:21
MajorRawne is offline Profile || Click here to Send MajorRawne a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
NoneeLlama

I've played it all through.

You're a troubled man. Seek help.

Old Post 11-25-11 15:44
NoneeLlama is offline Profile || Click here to Send NoneeLlama a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
MajorRawne

The intent.

http://www.doomworld.com/13years/images/cacoward.png

The reality.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q255/nopoet406/1150744-woman-with-a-surprised-expression-looking-at-the-computer-screen-in-the-dark-with-the-light-coming-f.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q255/nopoet406/2169791-three-office-workers-one-man-and-two-women-all-looking-at-a-computer-screen-with-laughing-and-shocke.jpg

EDIT: As for the brunette in the second picture... I saw her first.

Old Post 11-25-11 16:46
MajorRawne is offline Profile || Click here to Send MajorRawne a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Grazza
1.19345614 10^-66 m^4 kg^2 / s^2

MajorRawne said:
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q255/nopoet406/...
Hang on, you're NoPoet?

Old Post 11-25-11 23:26
Grazza is offline Profile || Click here to Send Grazza a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Processingcontrol

Grazza said:
Hang on, you're NoPoet?

God please no...

Last edited by Processingcontrol on 11-26-11 at 00:55

Old Post 11-26-11 00:49
Processingcontrol is offline Profile || Click here to Send Processingcontrol a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Grazza
1.19345614 10^-66 m^4 kg^2 / s^2

I'm afraid so. I guess that explains why it's nopoet406. That was puzzling me.

Old Post 11-26-11 03:58
Grazza is offline Profile || Click here to Send Grazza a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote