Doom Comic
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Doom Town (beta)

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 00:51. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Memfis
Forum Legend

http://i42.tinypic.com/ruwjk7.jpg

A little tribute to Doom City. It is for doom2.wad map01. Requires a limit-removing source port with the support of internal dehacked.

Download - http://www.mediafire.com/?193h6wq0yrljd9q

There is two more maps in progress but who knows when they will be finished...

Last edited by Memfis on 02-14-12 at 15:14

Old Post 11-26-11 14:43 #
Memfis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Khorus
Strife!

I really liked it. The start was certainly the most difficult part, a run in with a chaingunner left me with 18 health. Managed to finish the map though on first start. :)

My only comment is that the outdoor light level might be a bit low considering the brightness of the sky.

I hope you make more!

Old Post 11-26-11 15:23 #
Khorus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Memfis
Forum Legend

Thanks! Yes, there will be more. Here is some screenshots of maps02-03 (from "post your doom picture" thread):

http://s8.postimage.org/cr5hm01dx/doom516.jpg
http://i53.tinypic.com/xmqt69.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/2cx9b4j.jpg

I think it's okay to make dark outdoor areas with the bright sky. It was done in many classic wads and even in iwads (TNT map05).

Old Post 11-26-11 17:46 #
Memfis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
dannebubinga
Forum Regular

Hey memfis. I want to record an FDA. Wich complevel should I use?

Old Post 11-26-11 20:50 #
dannebubinga is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Memfis
Forum Legend

limit-removing = complevel 2 :)

Old Post 11-26-11 21:00 #
dannebubinga
Forum Regular

FDA: http://www.mediafire.com/?rh6s5whe3blwcpg

It was a fun little map. I'm not personally to keen on city themed maps but it was just the right amount of "realistic" detailing. It didn't feel over the top. I couldn't figure out how to get the berserk pack though. The plant that's blocking the way to that green/wood door guarded by a chaingunner was pretty odd though.

Was it a speed map?

Old Post 11-26-11 22:08 #
dannebubinga is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Memfis
Forum Legend

Thank you! No, it is not a speed map, I'm not that good. :)

but it was just the right amount of "realistic" detailing. It didn't feel over the top.

Glad to hear! That's exactly what i wanted to achieve.

I couldn't figure out how to get the berserk pack though.

It is accessible only with SR50.

The plant that's blocking the way to that green/wood door guarded by a chaingunner was pretty odd though.

Well, I like it. Reminds me of level design in Wolf3D. :)

Old Post 11-26-11 22:30 #
WildWeasel
Resident Castlevania Super-Fanboy

I love these! Downloading ASAP.

Old Post 11-26-11 22:49 #
WildWeasel is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Foodles

Played this on HMP and I didn't find it too bad, made it in one life. Pretty enjoyable overall I'd say, looking forward to the next levels.

Old Post 11-27-11 12:09 #
Foodles is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doomguy55
Registered just to make one post

I Tried it on hurt me plenty, i liked a challenge, but then i kept dying form some reason ** so i used IDDQD and when i got to the maze it just froze, then i tried again it still froze, is that me or is it a bug?

Old Post 11-28-11 23:23 #
Doomguy55 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
hawkwind
Forum Regular

I liked it.

I did notice though that on all difficulty levels, there were 86 monsters and 44 items. Does this mean that difficulty levels are not variably set ?

I would have had sector 57 flagged secret and instead of a berserk at said sector ( which I feel is not needed ), a DB shotty would have been better.

I'm not a fan of displayed items that can not be picked up, sectors 306, 289 and 290, unless jumping is allowed. ( or am I missing something ? )

Old Post 11-29-11 05:54 #
hawkwind is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Memfis
Forum Legend

Yeah, I usually don't care much about difficulty levels. Maybe I'll make some quick changes later.

I don't want to mark sector 57 as secret because it requires SR50 to reach, and not everybody uses SR50. So it is a "super secret" or something. (like the BFG in Scythe 2 map04) It's a dumb secret anyway (no new areas to explore or anything), maybe I should just remove it.

Some items are just decorations, yes. I don't think anything is wrong with that. Come on, it is a shop, leave something for others. :)

I Tried it on hurt me plenty, i liked a challenge, but then i kept dying form some reason ** so i used IDDQD and when i got to the maze it just froze, then i tried again it still froze, is that me or is it a bug?

No idea... What port did you play with?

Old Post 11-29-11 07:50 #