Doom monster
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > PSX Doom/Final Doom TC (Version 2.1 now released!)
Pages (29): « First ... « 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 » ... Last »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 09:44. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ForrestMarkX
Warming Up

Hmm I see, I apply all that and it still refuses to draw the hudbar texture here is what I got to see if I have anything wrong

SBARINFO.txt
code:
StatusBar Normal { DrawImage "PSXHUDBAR", 0, 168; }

TEXTURES.txt
code:
Graphic PSXHUDBAR, 256, 40 { XScale 0.8 YScale 0.96 Patch HUDBAR, 0, 0 }

Was forced to use Patch cause Zandronum only supports Patch and nothing else it seems

Old Post 05-08-13 03:53 #
ForrestMarkX is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
ForrestMarkX
Warming Up

I'd just use the ACS version but it works in Multiplayer sometimes, and can't be removed when changing the screensize

Old Post 05-09-13 04:12 #
ForrestMarkX is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
MG_Man
Mini-Member

Texture names have to be 8 characters long or less. So make it PSHUDBAR instead.

I don't see why you'd want to use ACS, the SBARINFO method still works perfectly fine and lets you change screenblocks.

Old Post 05-09-13 07:20 #
MG_Man is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
ForrestMarkX
Warming Up

I got the hud working and everything how does this look?

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee269/forrestkeller1/Screenshot_Doom_20130509_034512_zpsb5dab736.png

Last edited by ForrestMarkX on 05-09-13 at 09:46

Old Post 05-09-13 08:58 #
DoomUK
Forum Staple

EDIT: Duh, nevermind.

Last edited by DoomUK on 05-09-13 at 09:34

Old Post 05-09-13 09:27 #
DoomUK is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
ForrestMarkX
Warming Up

Posted the full thing over at the Zandronum forums, go here for a download and try it out

http://zandronum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2644

Old Post 05-09-13 09:56 #
MG_Man
Mini-Member

Text looks a bit thin but otherwise looks good.

Looks like you didn't implement the frags counter, though.

Last edited by MG_Man on 05-09-13 at 19:03

Old Post 05-09-13 18:50 #
MG_Man is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
ForrestMarkX
Warming Up

MG_Man said:
Text looks a bit thin but otherwise looks good.

Yeah the text still uses the old scale cause I don't know how to edit fonts in Doom

Old Post 05-09-13 18:59 #
MG_Man
Mini-Member

Anyway, I suggest removing things like the Williams cutscene to cut down on filesize. You're not going to see that when you join a multiplayer game anyways.

Old Post 05-09-13 19:05 #
ForrestMarkX
Warming Up

Hmm, I'm unsure how to edit the mainmenu aswell, tried to fix up the the fonts for the Episodes list to stop overlapping and couldn't really get it to work

Old Post 05-09-13 19:24 #
BlueFireZ88

Serious error on MAP42 (The Factory).

There's an issue with a switch which makes the level impossible to complete.

After clearing out the southern most building of imps and a caco, the teleporter takes you to the imp ambush in the center of the middle building. Surviving this, you just flip the switch, get the soulsphere and move on. But the switch doesn't work and your stuck there unless you noclip.

Old Post 05-09-13 20:32 #
BlueFireZ88 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
ForrestMarkX
Warming Up

Fixed the fonts and frags display, how does this look?

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee269/forrestkeller1/Screenshot_Doom_20130509_164433_zps9d10ed99.png

Download:
http://205.196.123.172/t7wa0zo6j5ug...XDOOMZandro.zip

Last edited by ForrestMarkX on 05-09-13 at 23:01

Old Post 05-09-13 21:36 #
Salahmander2

BlueFireZ88 said:
Serious error on MAP42 (The Factory).

There's an issue with a switch which makes the level impossible to complete.

After clearing out the southern most building of imps and a caco, the teleporter takes you to the imp ambush in the center of the middle building. Surviving this, you just flip the switch, get the soulsphere and move on. But the switch doesn't work and your stuck there unless you noclip.

Glad I ain't the only one that's had this problem.

Old Post 05-09-13 23:42 #
Salahmander2 is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
ForrestMarkX
Warming Up

Updated the PSX Doom Zandronum port

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?9g4el55bkcu7an6

ChangeLog:

Fixed pistol, chaingun, shotgun and SSG (Changed them from doing the default a_<weaponfire> to A_FireBullets like they were originally

Fixed the fullscreen hud font being too big

Fixed the frags number to be where they should be

Last edited by ForrestMarkX on 05-11-13 at 07:02

Old Post 05-11-13 04:36 #
michal5
Registered just to make one post

Map 42 factory switch problem. Please, we need fix for this!

Old Post 05-12-13 13:30 #
michal5 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
francis247uk
Warming Up

MG_Man said:
Anyway, I suggest removing things like the Williams cutscene to cut down on filesize. You're not going to see that when you join a multiplayer game anyways.

A lot of people will not be playing this in multiplayer, and to keep it authentic to the PSX version I think the cutscenes should definitely stay.

Can understand they are not to everyones taste though, perhaps a download without them included for people who would not prefer them like the psx startup, or simple instructions to remove them from the main download if possible?

Old Post 05-14-13 01:23 #
francis247uk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
ForrestMarkX
Warming Up

francis247uk said:

A lot of people will not be playing this in multiplayer, and to keep it authentic to the PSX version I think the cutscenes should definitely stay.

Can understand they are not to everyones taste though, perhaps a download without them included for people who would not prefer them like the psx startup, or simple instructions to remove them from the main download if possible?

He's not talking about this version. He is talking about my Zandronum port which everyone plays only multiplayer on

Old Post 05-17-13 08:14 #
ScottGray

MAP42 switch fixed and the problems Salahmander2 pointed out on maps 47 52 & 90

http://www.mediafire.com/?6hnsg2rda8fu0yn

Last edited by ScottGray on 05-20-13 at 01:04

Old Post 05-17-13 10:22 #
ScottGray is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
ScottGray

ForrestMarkX if you want to loose the williams intro here is new title map for your Zandronum port that removes it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?o802zu5c68l963c

You can then delete all the WIL000XX.PNG images in the graphics folder to save 15MB.

why not use the PSXTCMUS.pk3 for music then you can remove all the ogg files too. Just make a bat file and copy this into it:

@ECHO OFF
IF EXIST PSXDOOM.CFG GOTO RUN
ECHO PULLIN "PSXDOOMZandro.PK3">PSXDOOM.CFG
ECHO PULLIN "PSXTCMUS.PK3">>PSXDOOM.CFG
:RUN
START zandronum.exe +EXEC PSXDOOM.CFG -CONFIG

Your PSXDOOMZandro_v1.5.PK3 ends up only 9.62MB

Old Post 05-17-13 11:36 #
ScottGray is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
fenderc01
Mini-Member

Incorporated ScottGray's map fixes...

PSXDoom_2.131.zip

Old Post 05-25-13 15:59 #
fenderc01 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Doommarine

i dont know if this is happening for anyone else but its not letting me download the music. i can download everything else just fine but the music...is there a secondary link to which i can download it or am i screwed?

Old Post 05-30-13 19:51 #
Doommarine is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
ScottGray

Try this, its PSXTCMUS.PK3 ziped up.
http://www.mediafire.com/?4j9cnao8lvucvee

Media Fire is giving us problems with some of the PK3s, they seem to be blocking them.

Old Post 05-31-13 01:19 #
fenderc01
Mini-Member

I updated the files on my MediaFire account so they are all zipped now. Hopefully they won't get blocked again.

Last edited by fenderc01 on 05-31-13 at 02:07

Old Post 05-31-13 01:58 #
fenderc01 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Ragnor
I do see the humour in a mod sneakily changing my title

The worst thing about updating versions: I have to dick around with the pk3 again so my Aubrey soundtrack will play

Old Post 05-31-13 02:14 #
Ragnor is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Avoozl
Forum Staple

I wish I could get the smother weapons sprites wad to work with this version like with the original psxdoom version.

Old Post 05-31-13 02:52 #
Avoozl is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Dragonsbrethren

Avoozl said:
I wish I could get the smother weapons sprites wad to work with this version like with the original psxdoom version.

I don't think it'd be that hard to get working, you just need to adapt them to the minor timing changes in the TC.

Old Post 05-31-13 02:57 #
Dragonsbrethren is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Doommarine

worked! thank you!

Old Post 05-31-13 04:45 #
Doommarine is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Chronohunter45
Mini-Member

Doommarine said:
worked! thank you!

I did this already for my own server. Fits proper weapon timing and includes blood corrections as well. Also has some other stuff that I enjoyed from the old doom enhanced mod.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6...edZandronum.zip

Old Post 06-03-13 19:39 #
Chronohunter45 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
BlueFireZ88

Map52 (The Abandoned Mines) has an issue in it's secret area. The elevator (the high ledge which can be seen from the first room), doesn't go down when you open the door to access it after activating the switch which brings the floor down.

No offense, but hasn't this game been play tested for 100% all the way through? At this point I'm practically expecting for something to go wrong in the Final Doom levels.

UPDATE:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/i...wxyff/MAP52.WAD

I fixed the problem myself, I used the original Abandon Mines map in PC Doom 2 as a guide to fix it. I'm not sure how accurate it is to the PSX version, but hopefully it's dead on.

Last edited by BlueFireZ88 on 06-19-13 at 00:19

Old Post 06-18-13 18:38 #
BlueFireZ88 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Holering

Does anyone have saturn doom?

Would be nice to have the higher resolution hud, fonts and what not. Don't know if it has shupershotgun from final doom or if fire sky is higher resolution too... See my post here:

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/64655-unpsx/

Old Post 06-24-13 04:22 #
Holering is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote