Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mattfrie1

PSX Doom/Final Doom TC (Legacy TC, See first post for details)

Does anyone have a copy of the Final DOOM SSG addon?! I seemed to have lost mine and can't find it. Thanks! :D Great mod by the way.

P.S Do not play this at midnight or you will be scarred for life by the music and the game.... *shudders* I hear that omininous chanting and oh lord... the Icon of Sin is scary as hell in Lost Levels! *shudders*

The only thing that keeps me sane is quoting one-liners from Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness and my love for the Super Shotgun and Chainsaw...

Groovy.

Im surprised people are playing Lost Levels still, its still an alpha with a lot of broken levels

Ive played that so much in my life that the music in PSX Doom is just calming familiar music to me.

It's not really an alpha with broken levels. It's in beta now, and you can practically exit all of the levels. I haven't found a single broken level yet. It's really good. I've been playing somewhat, but the music isn't familiar with me.

AshWilliams43 said:

Does anyone have a copy of the Final DOOM SSG addon?! I seemed to have lost mine and can't find it.

I made a modified version that does several things:

-Uses PSX Final Doom status bar automatically for Final Doom levels
-Uses PSX Final Doom SSG sprites only in Final Doom levels
-Adjusts status bars/titlescreen for widescreen

I think I read that this addon I made might have actually been implemented into the main TC recently, but I haven't checked up on this very often so I'm not sure. Here it is nonetheless.

https://www.mediafire.com/?7pyyyygg6p426p4

I played the TC and Lost Levels through at Christmas 2013 with hardly any problems at all. Can't remember any "broken" levels, though there may, IIRC, be a part I couldn't get out of in some sewer region of a map with some Hell Knights. Sorry, there were a lot of sewers in the TC.

Sorry for the bump. But I was wondering if there was a vanilla compatible version of the final doom psx ssg, and vanilla compatible versions of both the psx and final doom psx huds? preferably without that little black bar along the top. And also those darker red/green numbers and lettering.

I tried using the fd ssg in vanilla but they don't appear. I tried using slade3 to convert them from png into doom gfx (palleted) format, but they came out all distorted.

I haven't attempted to try anything with the hud yet. I don't really have any experience with editing stuff like that.

EDIT: NM about the ssg. I figured out how to convert it and cobble it together. Still interested in if there is a vanilla version of the hud out there or how to go about making one myself.

Apologies for the bump - cannot get this to work on a PC with Windows 10.

I've downloaded all the relevant resources and when I click on "PSXDOOM.BAT" in the GZDoom folder it's just running regular PC Doom II.

It looks like it's loading the TC before GZDoom starts though?

So a bit stumped on this one if anyone is able to help.

Kind regards

GZDoom is loading at least the file containing the GAMEINFO lump, otherwise the loading screen's title wouldn't be changed to "PlayStation DOOM Total Conversion".

I remember having problems with the batch file. I used my own (after running the included one):

gzdoom.exe -file PSXDOOM.PK3 PSXLOST.PK3 PSXTCMUS.PK3 +exec PSXDOOM.CFG -config PSXDOOM.INI

Thanks for the response - tried what you suggested and the exact same thing happened, it booted up Doom II PC version unfortunately

I find it amusing that I'm credited for my PC-palette-compatible PLAYPAL and PSX sprite set, yet those assets are not included in any form.

Could you perhaps include them, or if not, remove my credit?

Might be worth taking a look here for some useful changes.

I have an idea; how about we include a new mode (not an entirely new TC) for this TC, the Sega Saturn mode? In case you don't know about the Sega Saturn port, it's basically the same as the PSX port, just with a new status bar (albeit still aesthetically similar to the PSX status bar, the face sprites are also not badly resized), slightly faster weapons, less ambient tracks, no lighting and sound echo effects.

I know this sounds like a bad idea, since the Sega Saturn version is considered by most people to be the worst DOOM port, but I'm sure there is a handful of people who actually want to experience the Sega Saturn port without fighting through the awful framerate.

I am having issues with loading the psxdoom file. It leads to an error:

"Script error, "PSXDOOM.PK3:actors/monsters.txt" line 11:
Invalid state parameter a_checkflag"

What do I do?

Yet another idea, just for shits and giggles: Put the whole DOOM 64 as a new episode, "Absolution". Because, playing DOOM 64 with some things (e.g. sprites) closer to the PC version, why not? ;)

taufan99 said:

Yet another idea, just for shits and giggles: Put the whole DOOM 64 as a new episode, "Absolution". Because, playing DOOM 64 with some things (e.g. sprites) closer to the PC version, why not? ;)

This has been a "to-do" on the Lost Levels thread for a very long time. They are waiting for "Doom 64 in Doom 2" to be completed first.

Ragnor said:

This has been a "to-do" on the Lost Levels thread for a very long time. They are waiting for "Doom 64 in Doom 2" to be completed first.

Questions are;
1. How will one put Mother Demon in the level The Absolution?
2. Will the Absolution episode feature the DOOM 64 OST, instead of re-using the PSX OST?

my vote is Doom64 OST. The mother demons going to take a bit of thinking about. We could try some Lower rez version of it to see what it looks like.
Thanks to updates in GZdoom we can do nightmare imps and caco's quite easily now. Should the Nightmare imps blue fire balls like they do in Doom64?

ScottGray said:

Should the Nightmare imps blue fire balls like they do in Doom64?

I think so. You know, the guys in Williams/Midway didn't come up with Nightmare imps for no special reasons.

The nightmare imp's fireballs are faster, so yes, they should be recreated. Nightmare imps were once in development for the actual PSX version anyway, might as well have them for real!

Probably not, unless all those hundreds of unmaker sprites out there get PSXed and it gets brought down to PSX limitations. The demon key upgrade thing is probably way out of the realm of believable possibility though

Also, any idea if you guys are going to make an alternative/modifier mod which makes the mod closer to the Sega Saturn port (e.g. faster weapons, less ambient tracks, etc. that the Sega Saturn port lacks from the PSX port)? I know it's a bad idea, but I'm sure a few guys want to experience the Sega Saturn port too.

How about we stop suggesting more ideas and let the guys finish the wad? It only delays them. Feedback is fine.