Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
entryway

Memorial by Eternal

Eternal joined all doom2 levels into single boom level, added some monsters here and there and changed music (there are a few melodies and they are changing via MUSINFO lump)

I can't put it in the Archive, because it is based on original levels. But can I post a link to the wad here?

As long as it requires Doom Ii there shouldn't be a problem adding it to the archives. I'd love to play it.

The archives typically reject some maps which are legal according to the Doom EULA. Notably, modification of the IWAD levels, as well as maps generated automatically by a program such as SLIGE or OBLIGE.

There's no reason not to post it on Doomworld, though.

Grain of Salt said:

I'm having fun just trying to identify the maps in that automap shot (as well as how/why they're connected).

+1

Also - seeing for the first time so clearly how many mosters / secrets / items are there combined.

Have you ever wondered how many monstes total have you killed in Doom alone in your entire life? If Doom2 has almost 4k monsters, would this go into... what... millions?

looks neat. is that Icon of Sin i see connecting to 3 different maps, one of which looks to be map02 or map03?

Tango said:

looks neat. is that Icon of Sin i see connecting to 3 different maps, one of which looks to be map02 or map03?

Looks like MAP02, MAP26 (Abandoned Mines, in case I've got the number wrong) and MAP29 to me, clockwise from the bottom. I have to admit spotting which is map is what has been quite entertaining, from that screen shot. No idea how it all links together though.

This idea I like. I enjoy the insanity and innovative idea of combining the levels of Doom 2 into one map. Are the secret levels also combined or just the normal 30?

Doomguy 2000 said:

This idea I like. I enjoy the insanity and innovative idea of combining the levels of Doom 2 into one map. Are the secret levels also combined or just the normal 30?

Levels 31 and 32 are easy to notice on the automap shot. Look for extremely square, orthogonal designs...

Interesting, I guess he has had to replace almost all the locked doors with switches/tagged doors.

MAP07 probably can't work exactly the same anymore, unless there are dehacked clones of fatsos and arachnotrons for the other maps?

Be interesting if the progression is not the same as the original maps. You could even keep the map07 tag *L* and have it open the area to the IOS portion to complete the map. would be painful to hunt down all the arachnotrons and manc though!

If you're waiting for moderator approval, then I don't see any problem with linking to this. As others have pointed out, the EULA does allow modifications to iwad maps, with certain restrictions that this wad doesn't appear to violate.

darkreaver said:

This will probably kick ass in co-op, though I wish he did it with Plutonia instead

By story wise and how the maps are done it would be strange since Plutonia maps are basically "timespace warps between different areas". At least they were intended to be like that via http://www.dcasali.com/games%20-%20finaldoom.html

ID released Plutonia with little modified story in manual but still referring to it as they even didn't changed the levels. But done in a way like map25 from PRCP, why not?

lol 140 secrets.

It must have been a bitch changing all those sector tags and line actions. Is that really all of them? I see Entryway, Dead Simple, The Factory, Downtown, Industrial Zone, Suburbs, The Courtyard, The Citadel, Gotcha, Barrels of Fun, The Abandoned Mines, and the secret levels. I'm having a bit of trouble identifying the rest of them.