Doom Marine
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Unholy Nights- Testers Needed!
Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 09:41. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Olympus

Unholy Nights is an upcoming set of 5 maps for BOOM. Inspired by wads such as Hell Revealed and Alien Vendetta, it will (hopefully) have a classic look and be semi-difficult. The map order is as follows:

-Map 01: Break in (previously released as Nightmap.wad) (pic) ....95% or so complete
-Map 02: (unnamed)....90% complete
-Map 03: Hot Water (pic) ....80% complete
-Map 04: Watch your Step (pic) ....25% complete
-Map 05: Once upon a Nightmare (hasn't yet been started)

I know it's hard to give feedback from a screenshot but let me know what you think :)

By the way, if you are interested in testing, please let me know.

Since the last testers signed up so long ago I doubt they will want to test it. Because of this I need five new testers.

Testers:
1. NoobBait
2. Hawkwind
3. Leon

Last edited by Olympus on 07-21-12 at 01:36

Old Post 11-30-11 00:41 #
Olympus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
PRIMEVAL

The pics look nice. I could probably test for ya.

Old Post 11-30-11 01:20 #
PRIMEVAL is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Rizera

Pics look good.

Any idea of when it is going to be complete?

I could test as well.

Old Post 11-30-11 01:27 #
Rizera is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Olympus

Thanks guys, I'll put you down as testers. Should be done by the end of the year if I can move fast enough. Map 01 with difficulty settings done should be complete by the end of the week. Unsure about the others, though.

Old Post 11-30-11 01:43 #
Olympus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
valkiriforce
Forum Regular

That first screenshot where the WOODMET1 meets the BROWN96 texture: I think it could use some kind of texture division. Like a 16 or 24 unit line on both sides with a METAL or SUPPORT3 texture to help distinguish the two of them.

Other than that, looking good so far.

Old Post 11-30-11 01:56 #
valkiriforce is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Tango

would love to test! looks fantastic.

Old Post 11-30-11 02:15 #
Tango is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
PRIMEVAL

I could also help with music if need be.

Old Post 11-30-11 02:17 #
PRIMEVAL is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Olympus

Thanks all! Tango, I'll add you to the list of testers. Primeval, I will most likely need music for Map 02 and Map 05, I'm not sure about the others, when the time comes all PM you with a music request, thanks. And valkri, you're right, I'll try to find a way to make the transition a little smoother.

Old Post 11-30-11 02:23 #
lupinx-Kassman

I'll be keeping an eye on this. Looks cool.

Old Post 11-30-11 02:46 #
lupinx-Kassman is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Olympus

Thanks for the encouraging words :)

Old Post 11-30-11 02:47 #
Unholypimpin

I like the screenshots, they seem to have the right amount of detail in em. I also like how you have different themes for each map for the most part.

Normally I dont like tech bases unless their done right, but im glad you threw in some hellish maps into the mix.

Old Post 11-30-11 03:25 #
Unholypimpin is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Memfis
Forum Spammer

Nightmap.wad definitely had that AV feel. Looking forward to this.

Old Post 11-30-11 08:23 #
Memfis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Olympus

Thanks Memfis and Alwaysdoomed. With all these well-known mappers commenting saying it looks good, I'll have to be sure to not disappoint :)

Old Post 11-30-11 20:45 #
Snakes

Almost did a spit-take when I saw the name, only to realize that second word was "nights"

Screens may be slightly squarish, but otherwise nice. Keeping tabs on this.

Old Post 11-30-11 21:32 #
Snakes is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
purist

I like your maps Olympus so this will be one for me to keep an eye on. If you still need playtesters a little later down the line when Progressive Fiction is done I will help out.

Old Post 11-30-11 21:42 #
purist is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Olympus

Thanks guys.

@Snakes:

Heh, it took me a second to realize why you said that :p

@Purist:

Thanks! Good to know I have a few fans here :) I'll add you to the list of testers, however, I will PM you the maps upon request when you feel you have time.

Old Post 11-30-11 21:50 #
xvertigox

I like the idea and the screens look promising, I'd be happy to playtest if you need me.

Old Post 11-30-11 22:04 #
xvertigox is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Olympus

Thanks xvertigox. I'll add you to the list of testers; that should be enough testers for now.

Old Post 11-30-11 22:35 #
xvertigox

Awesome, pm'd.

Old Post 11-30-11 23:13 #
xvertigox is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
walter confalonieri

looks nice dude

Old Post 12-01-11 16:32 #
walter confalonieri is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Olympus

--STATUS UPDATE--

Due to a virus causing me to have to wipe my computer, I have made little progress on any of the maps. I've sorted everything out though so progress should be made this week. Testers can expect Map 01 soon :)

Old Post 12-05-11 23:57 #
Olympus

Sorry for the major bump but I've finally been inspired to restart this project. Over the past few days I've been working on (and mostly finished) map 02. Here are two pictures:

http://i.imgur.com/wzpNh.png

http://i.imgur.com/MhNhB.png

It started as a speedmap, so its a pretty small map that works well as Map 02. Hopefully this project is done by the end of July, as I am going to be speedmapping the rest of the maps.

By the way, I need testers. Im going to remove everyone from the list since they signed up almost a year ago, so I doubt they would still want to test. If your interested let me know.

Old Post 07-17-12 01:30 #
darkreaver

Crates, aaargh, but else it looks awesome hehe

I dig that blue "Spencer" ceiling ;)

Old Post 07-17-12 01:52 #
darkreaver is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Olympus

Thanks Darkreaver! :)

Old Post 07-17-12 04:10 #
NoobBait

I'll be willing to test

Old Post 07-17-12 04:20 #
NoobBait is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
hex11

Looks good, you've got the classic vanilla wad look down pat.

Old Post 07-17-12 04:48 #
hex11 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Olympus

Thanks guys. Ill put you down as a tester, NoobBait.

Old Post 07-17-12 05:12 #
Olympus

NoobBait, I'll probably send Maps 01 and 02 tomorrow. If anyone else is interested in testing please let me know, I still need around 4 more testers.

Old Post 07-18-12 22:34 #
Leon

I would but I don't have Boom :(

Old Post 07-20-12 07:20 #
Leon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
hawkwind

You can add me to your tester list if you wish.

Old Post 07-20-12 14:17 #
hawkwind is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote