Doom Marine
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > hosting

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 17:43. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
*baronkiller*

i would like doomworld to host a project that i am currently working on, but i seem to have misplaced the "get hosted" link. can anyone help me out?

Old Post 03-13-02 20:27 #
*baronkiller* is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lobo
Forum Regular

Why not just send an email asking about it? What with the change around and all, I haven't a clue where the hosting links has gone to...

Robotech: FirstGen TC / Edge Shell Launcher(ESL) Home page.

Old Post 03-13-02 20:32 #
Lobo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
mmnpsrsoskl
Spasmolytic

I think the email is :

dwhosting@doomworld.com

Make sure to send them an URL of an example page of your project.

What is the project anyways?

Old Post 03-14-02 12:14 #
mmnpsrsoskl is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
myrworld
Green Marine

Hey'a,

If for some reason you unfortunately don't make it in any of the big three Doom sites, i.e. Doomworld, NewDoom, and DoomCenter, contact me about hosting at R! World, http://www.myrworld.com This feature isn't here yet, but it will be in the coming months, and it would be nice to have some hosted projects at R! World.

RCM

Old Post 03-17-02 05:34 #
myrworld is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
KING ELVIS
This post is probably about my frontend

myrworld said:
http://www.myrworld.com

Interesting link

http://www.kingdoom.tk

Old Post 04-05-02 12:09 #
KING ELVIS is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Naked Snake
HAHA I AM A FAG AND I CAN'T CHANGE THIS TITLE ANYMORE

Hosting Info

Old Post 04-05-02 23:28 #
Naked Snake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
nxn
meephead

I don't know if this problem is fixed yet, but I heard because of some error it's not possible for dw to host any more sites right now. I heard this a long time ago so it might be fixed, then again doomcenter has had a similar problem for the passed few months! As for newdoom.com, why?

Old Post 04-19-02 17:39 #
nxn is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kid Airbag
Not really a kid. Not really an airbag. WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!? Who's asking? Are you French? An airbag is a safety device in a car that inflates during a collision and blocks you from smashing your head into the dashboard or steering wheel!

You could be lazy like me and use Tripod, which does everything for you...

Old Post 04-19-02 21:28 #
Kid Airbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
boris
meow

Archvile64 said:
You could be lazy like me and use Tripod, which does everything for you...

Yeah, you don't even have to fuck up something, Tripod does that for you. Free hosters suck

Old Post 04-19-02 21:30 #
boris is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
nxn
meephead

paying for hosting sucks too.

Old Post 04-19-02 22:02 #
nxn is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kid Airbag
Not really a kid. Not really an airbag. WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!? Who's asking? Are you French? An airbag is a safety device in a car that inflates during a collision and blocks you from smashing your head into the dashboard or steering wheel!

Tarin said:

Yeah, you don't even have to fuck up something, Tripod does that for you. Free hosters suck

Better than fucking up a million things, which I would *******ely end up doing myself, beyond a doubt. I really don't mind Tripod all that much, it can be a pain sometimes but it's not incredibly terribly awful.

Plus I don't know HTML :P

Old Post 04-19-02 22:24 #
Kid Airbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
boris
meow

orion said:
paying for hosting sucks too.

No it doesn't.

Old Post 04-20-02 01:01 #
boris is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
nxn
meephead

when you're 16 and without a job it does.

Old Post 04-28-02 03:00 #
mmnpsrsoskl
Spasmolytic

I am 17 and have a job...but I still won't pay for web hosting cause I don't have much to host.

Old Post 04-28-02 12:18 #
mmnpsrsoskl is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lobo
Forum Regular

I've made a forum for my class (coded in ASP) and the hosting site is free and quite good. Perhaps the most important thing is that there are NO ads.
The speed is also excellent. The other day I downloaded a file from the page at 25k a sec, which is incredible 'cos I'm on a 56k modem.
The bad news is that they only give you 30 megs of space.

I'm thinking about moving my Robotech TC site to this server because the one I have it on now is pretty crap! The main advantage is that they give you unlimited space.

Old Post 04-28-02 16:27 #
Lobo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
nxn
meephead

wait your school is hosting it, or is a hosting service. If it's a hosting service give us the URL, I'm sure a lot of us would like it.

Old Post 04-28-02 18:42 #
Lobo
Forum Regular

Sorry! Reading my post later, I realised that it was as clear as treacle!

Where I have my TC is http://www.galeon.com,and it's all in spanish :-(
They give you unlimited space but it's as slow as hell. You can use FTP to upload your files. The individual file size is limited to 1.5 Mb. They fill your pages with ads.

Where I have the Forum and web page is http://www.Brinkster.com They allow you to use ASP and you're limited to 30 Mb. It's damn fast for a free server, but you don't have FTP uploading, and you're limited to 1 Mb for individual files. They don't put ANY ads on your page.

Galeon is cool because it's unlimited and has FTP, but it's too slow and they've loads of ads and popups and crap.
Brinkster is better IMO because there are no ads, and it's damn fast, but the lack of FTP is a real pain.

Hope that clears things up a bit! :-)

Old Post 04-28-02 21:38 #
nxn
meephead

Brinkster... I had those mofo's, they won't allow linking of any file unless it's from the page you have up there. It pisses me off when people do that.

Old Post 04-29-02 22:26 #