Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Gonna bandwagon with the the vanguard and PRCP mentions. I didn't think I'd like PRCP much (I'm usually turned off by the term "community project") but I played it on coop with a buddy of mine yesterday and had a fucking blast.

Reverie is also super awesome

skillsaw's work (Vanguard/Lunatic) is my favorite from the year.

However, Jenesis, Reverie, PRCP, and KSSHT are all very respectable megawads, none deserve to go unmentioned. I actually liked that it was a year with more old/classic style stuff! :)

Reverie started out fine, but then descended to that monster-spamming hell that I absolutely hate in WADs at around map 20. I decided to give up and check out what the last level was while invincible, and lo and behold, it was exactly as I feared - an Icon of Sin after another slaughter level. No thanks.

On the positive side, DTWID was fantastic all the way through, and the 1994 Tune-Up Challenge had to have been my absolute favorite: all the maps were terrific, with the unfortunate exceptions of 28 (too slaughtery for my taste) and 30 (infinite respawning enemies and a puzzle level do not a good combination make).

I really hate most modern WADs, but last year was fun with Jenesis, DTWID, Plutonia Revisited, kssht.wad, and some other ones I'm probably forgetting.