Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Darkman 4 said:

Fuck the haters; this is the modern art of Doom wads.

"Modern art" my ass. This is a clinic on how to copy and paste a sector and a Player 1 Start ad nauseam. The title screen was the only redeemable piece of the project. I hate to be negative but come on dude, pushing spacebar mindlessly through 30,000 carbon-copied rooms isn't any sane person's idea of a good time.

Hellbent said:

I watched Project X tonight. Also intelligence in that film, also.

you know, i got in touch with a great old friend/co-worker I haven't seen much since our company closed a few years ago. he moved somewhere an hour away, we're always busy, etc. but we reestablished contact and finally both found a time when it looked like we could just hang out like the old days, something that would do us both a lot of good at this point.

and he tells me "come on up, I'm supposed to go see Project X and you're welcome to come with"

and I said "nah I'm busy this week, I'll try to catch you some other time"

For the sequel, make 30,000 maps with W1 exits. Rather than pressing space, you just have to hold the up arrow for about a thousand hours or so.

Well here's a video on 30,000 levels. The demo was made by DuckReconMajor. This demo goes all the way up to level 237 before he gives up on it.

Doomguy 2000 said:

Well here's a video on 30,000 levels. The demo was made by DuckReconMajor. This demo goes all the way up to level 237 before he gives up on it.

237 huh. Congratulations, 235 more than me.

But why is this video 265 MB? That's about 1 MB per map... Is it 32-bit video and Dolby suround or something?

This wad looks freeeekin amazing!!!!

I simply cannot wait to play it!!!

And this wad looks like it has endless replay value too!!

This wad better have multiplayer support or else ill cry.

OHH ohhh please put all the player spawns ontop of eachother, i love multiplayer wads that have that.

PLEASE TELL ME THERE WILL BE A SEQUEL!!! Id love to see differant colored switches and lots of easter eggs!!!

Doomguy 2000 said:

Yeah but how will you be able to move? Co-op would be pointless in this because there's no monsters.

Ha ha

Alwaysdoomed said:

This wad looks freeeekin amazing!!!!

I simply cannot wait to play it!!!

And this wad looks like it has endless replay value too!!

This wad better have multiplayer support or else ill cry.

OHH ohhh please put all the player spawns ontop of eachother, i love multiplayer wads that have that.

PLEASE TELL ME THERE WILL BE A SEQUEL!!! Id love to see differant colored switches and lots of easter eggs!!!

This wad doesn't have multiplayer support just like KiiiYiiiKiiiA said. A sequel depends on what kind of existing engine would work best for it meaning it has to load right away when I load it otherwise it's just 30,000 levels without a future sequel and more levels.

You can find a some good stuff towards the end of this wad if you keep on pressing spacebar.

I got lost on level 220, so I just IDCLIP'ed through it.

0_o

Doomguy 2000 said:

I'm a superstar!

I wish you'd scaled the text though. Now people who don't watch 1080p are going to think I just stopped to make beeping noises.

Heh. I was watching that vid for DRM's commentary.

Couldn't read any of it, but I tried.

DuckReconMajor said:

I'm a superstar!

You're a marathon man! I gave up about 5 minutes into the video.

TimeOfDeath said:

DRM, how do you make a zdoom demo for this wad?

Fire up a ZDoom shortcut with "-record demofile[.lmp]" at the end of the directory. Then start a newgame (or use -warp...). Make sure you load the custom wad with it.

Doomguy 2000 said:

You can find a some good stuff towards the end of this wad if you keep on pressing spacebar.

Are there any dirty pictures?

Also, COOP (well more like "competition") mode: replace switches with commander keen dolls, drop a berzerker pack on each player start, and script it so killing the keen ends the level. Put the keen in the center of 256x256 room, and player starts in each corner. Hmm, actually this would probably degenerate into DM mode after not very long...

TimeOfDeath said:

I did a demo up to map1530 when I got stuck, but the demo was only 2kb big. DRM said he had the same problem.

What do you mean by "stuck"?

(950th post milestone :P)

TimeOfDeath said:

I did a demo up to map1530 when I got stuck, but the demo was only 2kb big. DRM said he had the same problem.

No, I only went to 237. I was saying for whatever reason when I tried to play the demo back it stopped at the end of the first intermission screen. Doomguy 2000 seemed to get it to work though.

Oh ok, I just assumed something was wrong because the demo was so small (and I didn't rewatch it because it takes 2 minutes for the wad to load). *facepalm*

Why did you stop at 2519? :)

I know a guy who would finish this and take it seriously, but I don't think he has doom.

2,519 out of 30,000 i don't know why he stopped there :P

I got into the two thousands as well (non-recorded attempt after FDA) and realized I was only almost 1/10 done and gave up and did changemap to see the ending

TimeOfDeath said:

Why did you stop at 2519? :)

I checked the automap and got stuck just like you. I was glad it happened. :)

btw, I had an idea to bind "use" to scroll wheel (that would increase your speed greatly), but it didn't work for some reason.

Memfis said:

Is that a problem? Here is a 4kb demo where I get to map2519 (IIRC) - http://speedy.sh/XRcfJ/30kMaps-speedrun-can-t-press-the-switch-on-map2519.zip And it plays back fine for me. (I use ZDoom 2.5.0 (r2508))

I checked out map2519 and it works just fine. Maybe there are errors when recording demos and trying to press the switch? When I check out the level that a specific person has a problem with it works fine for me. I use GZDoom 1.5.3 as my engine of choice.