Doom Comic
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Doomworld Mega Project - /idgames link is up
Pages (20): « First ... « 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 23:14. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
dew
experts

j4rio said:
I happen to think that pointing out that "Your masterpiece "Blood on marble" being light years more fucking crappy than many of the maps you just pissed on" is a pretty convincing argument.

this suggests people can't assess quality without being better mappers than the author. if i say these maps are mostly decaying piles of poop, will you call me out on my mapping as well?

Old Post 12-20-12 23:23 #
dew is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TimeOfDeath
Forum Regular

dew said:
if i say these maps are mostly decaying piles of poop, will you call me out on my mapping as well?
No, we'll just call you a decaying pile of poop. :)
Btw, why didn't you submit something dew? I even name-dropped you in the OP!

Old Post 12-20-12 23:43 #
TimeOfDeath is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
j4rio
Forum Staple

dew said:

this suggests people can't assess quality without being better mappers than the author. if i say these maps are mostly decaying piles of poop, will you call me out on my mapping as well?

Sometimes a crappy attitude deserves crappy retorts. Let's just say this was one of the cases.

Old Post 12-20-12 23:47 #
j4rio is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
gggmork
If you can make any sense of this post, congratulations

That's too easy, we could just call him doo doo instead of dew.

Old Post 12-21-12 00:03 #
gggmork is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
dew
experts

TimeOfDeath said:
Btw, why didn't you submit something dew? I even name-dropped you in the OP!

my mapping skills would drag this project much lower than it deserves. have you ever seen a bear dance in a circus? that's me mapping. i can do the waltz, but i'll maul several thousand puppies by mistake in the process.

Old Post 12-21-12 00:04 #
dew is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
gggmork

A map like that would be perfect for this project.

Old Post 12-21-12 00:06 #
gggmork is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Obsidian
Forum Staple

gggmork said:
A map like that would be perfect for this project.

He's right you know.

BTW is my map any good?

Old Post 12-21-12 01:25 #
Obsidian is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
gggmork

Obsidian said:
BTW is my map any good?

I just played it and like it. Interesting stuff/detail compressed into a small area/ fun minimap. I couldn't figure out how to shoot the imp switch without zdoom mouse aiming though.

Old Post 12-21-12 02:35 #
Obsidian
Forum Staple

gggmork said:

I just played it and like it. Interesting stuff/detail compressed into a small area/ fun minimap. I couldn't figure out how to shoot the imp switch without zdoom mouse aiming though.

I thought that might confuse some players. I hid a barrel behind the switch, therefore using the player's autoaim to aim towards the switch: you can usually get it if you use the shotgun to shoot the switch.

Old Post 12-21-12 02:41 #
Obsidian is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ribbiks

dew said:

have you ever seen a bear dance in a circus? that's me mapping. i can do the waltz, but i'll maul several thousand puppies by mistake in the process.

I'm going to start using this analogy as much as humanly possible

Old Post 12-21-12 07:08 #
Ribbiks is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
pcorf

MAP16. What a map! ... Goodness me. Doom on drugs for sure!

MAP25: Memang was named after a cat. The Inmost Dens-like area at the end was from an unfinished level from 7-8 years ago, the rest was put together really quickly. Had fun ripping it up quickly. Maybe I'll make a speedmap megawad (32 levels in 3 months)

Old Post 12-22-12 01:32 #
pcorf is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
dobu gabu maru
Forum Regular

Not going to be able to get my level finished before 2013. I mean, I could finish it, but I'd rather spend time working on it than rushing to get it submitted. Good luck compiling

Old Post 12-23-12 03:03 #
dobu gabu maru is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
fiend-o-hell

I played through the first 10 vanilla maps, so here are some quick thoughts about what I saw:

01: Bean, by cannonball
Its nice campy fun! I found the engagements to be
varied and mixed which I quite liked. Although the
visuals and layout were bit more on the underdeveloped
side, the game play more then makes up for it. Having to
fight a Spider Demon at the end though was no fun!

02: Daemonum Malum, by DooMAD
Great use of brown texturing and the architecture isn't
half shabby either. I especially loved how effectively
the space is used in this level! Challenges were plenty
and fun! The only major problem I experienced
throughout were stuck monsters. Other then that I
congratulate the author on a job well done.

03: GRBmaporgy1, by General Rainbow Bacon
Short and sweet is what best describes this level. Visuals sparse, the challenges are easy, and its over before you know it. Decent level overall!

04: Blood Lake, by glenzinho
Seems to stop after the yellow key door area. Broken maybe? From what I played its a bit underdeveloped but I was enjoying the wide open spaces and the challenge at the beginning.

05: Nukage Corridors, by Katamori
Another short and sweet map that provides just the right dosage of fun. Don't really have any complaints for this one other than that there really are no highlight moments to point out.

06: Feel the Pain, by MagnificentBeard
Excuse me as I laugh out loud to myself...Thank you. Yeah, this one is quite unique to say the least. Best way to describe it is an obstacle course. Starts off easily enough, but it slowly escalates in difficulty as your forced to push your way through more and more enemies. Kootos to author!

07: Water HQ, by omegamer
Its obvious to see Underhalls inspired the creation of this map. That being said, it stands alone well enough with many fun challenges to be had. Loved the layout and visuals!

08: Circle of Imps, by Radromitry
Well its really more of a 1/4 circle of imps...

09: dltexamp, by scorpion
Its short, its sweet, and megaly awesome! Loved how the level just circles in on itself.

10: Mirror, by Scypek2
Seems to be broken around the red key area. Layout is cramped and confusing with doors leading out every which way. Needs some work.

Old Post 12-23-12 20:19 #
fiend-o-hell is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Krispy

^Go on...

Old Post 12-29-12 03:16 #
Krispy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
glenzinho
Forum Regular

fiend-o-hell said:
04: Blood Lake, by glenzinho
Seems to stop after the yellow key door area. Broken maybe? From what I played its a bit underdeveloped but I was enjoying the wide open spaces and the challenge at the beginning.

Itīs not broken. Something opens up when you press it. Thanks for the feedback! :)

Old Post 12-29-12 19:12 #
glenzinho is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
KiLerZolika

Sounds fun. Can I join into it?

Old Post 12-29-12 20:17 #
KiLerZolika is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BaronOfStuff

KiLerZolika said:
Sounds fun. Can I join into it?

If you can make something in the space of a day, go ahead.

Old Post 12-29-12 21:04 #
BaronOfStuff is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
KiLerZolika

BaronOfStuff said:

Sure! I'm on it.

Old Post 12-30-12 18:02 #
KiLerZolika is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
KiLerZolika

BaronOfStuff said:

Here's the WAD: http://kilerzolika.webs.com/Space.wad

:)

Old Post 12-30-12 20:52 #
Matt534Dog

Here's a shitty map I made during my (still ongoing) livestream today:

http://www.mediafire.com/?cn7jrhxx4t1d16z

This took me about half an hour. My dreams of making a last minute submission to this project have finally been realized!

Old Post 12-30-12 23:52 #
Matt534Dog is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TimeOfDeath
Forum Regular

Thanks for the new maps guys, I'll post a new version soon.

Old Post 12-31-12 00:20 #
TimeOfDeath is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
sector666

I had forgotten about this. Well it's still 2012 where I am so I'll assume this is on time.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?6r7yzjd2xngy7dx

I'm generally slow at mapping so I recycled a tiny terrain experiment and focused on fights instead of architecture. And inadvertently made a 1024 map. Though I don't think it really counts as one with the scripting.

Old Post 01-01-13 01:52 #
sector666 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
scorpion

Any update on the status of this project?

sector666 said:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?6r7yzjd2xngy7dx
I get the following message when picking up the shotgun:

P_STARTSCRIPT: UNKNOWN SCRIPT 1

I am user #666 on this board. Fear me.

telnet://scorp.us.to

Old Post 01-11-13 15:59 #
scorpion is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
walter confalonieri

not sure if download the new maps for this project or waiting for final release...

Old Post 01-11-13 18:06 #
walter confalonieri is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Snik
Warming Up

I get the following message when picking up the shotgun:

P_STARTSCRIPT: UNKNOWN SCRIPT 1

It's because the shotgun is supposed to execute script #1,which doesn't exist.

Old Post 01-11-13 18:31 #
Snik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TimeOfDeath
Forum Regular

I'll compile Version B tonight and upload. Sorry for the delay, I spent a week to start and finish writing the guitar for my new death metal album.

Old Post 01-11-13 20:48 #
walter confalonieri

okay... waiting for it!

Old Post 01-11-13 22:02 #
walter confalonieri is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TimeOfDeath
Forum Regular

sector666's map works with zdoom 260.

BUT, after I added it to the compilation as map39, the script doesn't execute. Does anyone know why?

Old Post 01-12-13 01:50 #
gggmork

just hazy guesses:
noticed its udmf or whatever format instead of 'zdoom doom in hexen'.
Dragged dropped in zdoom 2.5, scripts didn't work.
Opened in doombuilder2, it complained about a named script, so changed it to a number:
script 1 (void) //1
and the script worked in 2.5..

If everything works but the exit for you, it might be this at the end of the script:
http://zdoom.org/wiki/Exit_Normal
I remember in claustrophobia 1024 that maps 33+ had weird exit problems, but that was boom.

Basically I don't know what I'm talking about.

Old Post 01-12-13 02:28 #
TimeOfDeath
Forum Regular

Thanks for the info.

After I changed the map# to 39, the monsters didn't start teleporting when I picked up the shotgun and there was no "script error" message either. My doom builder doesn't have UDMF format (I still use 1.68).

Old Post 01-12-13 03:18 #