Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomguy 2000

Doomguy's Warzone

Justince said:

That fool Soda hasn't even finished a single map, so he can go walk off a bridge.

There's really no call for things like that to be said... Not so much the insulting of a forum member, but from the fact that Doomguy2000 might infer from that statement that the orthogonal abomination emblazoned with portraits of Hitler and Goebbels and swastikas and bikini girls he's shown off in this video qualifies as a "finished map" to the Doom community.

And on that note, I'd like to ask a question. Doomguy2000, why do you insist on deliberately making crap? I wouldn't dream of paying you any slavish compliments, but the fact that you jammed all this crap together says to me that you may have some rudimentary knowledge of DECORATE and might even, dare I say, have something in the distant neighborhood of actual talent. So why not put it to use making something good? And by making something good, I don't mean taking stuff from Realm667 and elsewhere without permission and sticking it all together like the .WAD equivalent of a Katamari with no effort taken in making sure it acts as one cohesive whole in terms of visuals, and in terms of the strengths and weaknesses of each weapon complimenting each other, as well as complimenting the monsters you'll face.

Spamming memes is easy-peasy. Making something that's fun is harder, but you know what? It's a hell of a lot more rewarding that making crap that you know is crap so that you can gain a reputation as a maker of crap in the Doom community, and possibly delude yourself into believing that the reason that the Cacowards dropped the Mockaward was because your wad stands alone as such a pile of crap, and has gained such a widespread reputation as being crap that the organizers of the Cacowards feared that your wad might achieve critical crap mass and devour the entire Doom community in some kind of black hole of crap. When the real reason is probably something more along the lines of "Should we really be spending time voting and discussing what's bad when we could be focusing on what's good?" And another thing; just because a project has an huge filesize, that does not make it better. Although, in your defense, you seem to be grasping this concept slowly, as you cut out ~200MB of redundant and probably illegal content.

Take for example, the Mutator contest. If you were to make a compilation of all the entries in that contest from both years in which it has been held, the total combined filesize would probably equal about ONE-FIFTIETH of the filesize of your newest, "trimmed down" version of Warzone. Yet that contest produced some frigging amazing mods like Omega, Shoot Monsters With TEXTURES, and Parkour, all from using code to manipulate graphics already present in an IWAD.

If this was about trolling, I'd almost understand. People already troll the Doom community by making wads. Like that guy that uploads levels where text involving anal impse with a cyberdemon is spammed all over the screen or something. But you know what? That guy puts in about a thousandth of the work you do, for the same result: We think to ourselves "Why the fuck did he bother?"

Necromancer-AMV said:
There's really no call for things like that to be said... Not so much the insulting of a forum member, but from the fact that Doomguy2000 might infer from that statement that the orthogonal abomination emblazoned with portraits of Hitler and Goebbels and swastikas and bikini girls he's shown off in this video qualifies as a "finished map" to the Doom community.

That map wasn't even mine, it was someone else's. The epic roster trailer has been flagged as potentially offensive or inappropriate by the community because it was offensive. I used the map in that specific trailer for the purpose of the roster on Doomguy's Warzone Gold Edition to go up against each other. That was the whole point behind that 14 minute trailer.

What's wrong with putting bikini girls in a wad?

And on that note, I'd like to ask a question. Doomguy2000, why do you insist on deliberately making crap? I wouldn't dream of paying you any slavish compliments, but the fact that you jammed all this crap together says to me that you may have some rudimentary knowledge of DECORATE and might even, dare I say, have something in the distant neighborhood of actual talent.

That's not what I first thought when I created Doomguy's Warzone. I was hoping alot of people would like but turns out to somehow be one of the worst mods ever made. Somehow I still have fun playing Doomguy's Warzone with numerous wads that I enjoy.

Well yes I do have some actual talent, thanks for noticing that. This wad actually takes talent and creativity to make it what it is today.

So why not put it to use making something good? And by making something good, I don't mean taking stuff from Realm667 and elsewhere without permission and sticking it all together like the .WAD equivalent of a Katamari with no effort taken in making sure it acts as one cohesive whole in terms of visuals, and in terms of the strengths and weaknesses of each weapon complimenting each other, as well as complimenting the monsters you'll face.

Well that depends on the kind of project I have in mind. I have created 30,000 levels and I didn't need realm667 content to create that. I believe I tried to do that with this Doomguy's Warzone. Same with personalizing the characters and the weapons I have for it.

Spamming memes is easy-peasy. Making something that's fun is harder, but you know what? It's a hell of a lot more rewarding that making crap that you know is crap so that you can gain a reputation as a maker of crap in the Doom community, and possibly delude yourself into believing that the reason that the Cacowards dropped the Mockaward was because your wad stands alone as such a pile of crap, and has gained such a widespread reputation as being crap that the organizers of the Cacowards feared that your wad might achieve critical crap mass and devour the entire Doom community in some kind of black hole of crap.

So what's so bad about adding memes in your wad. Yeah it's definitely more rewarding when you come to think about it. When it comes to the cacowards Gold Edition probably was the reason they dropped the worst wad category. Unless we know the main reason well I guess no one will ever know.

When the real reason is probably something more along the lines of "Should we really be spending time voting and discussing what's bad when we could be focusing on what's good?" And another thing; just because a project has an huge filesize, that does not make it better. Although, in your defense, you seem to be grasping this concept slowly, as you cut out ~200MB of redundant and probably illegal content.

Well I think was already know that when it comes down to size. Yep I reduced it to 68MB focusing mostly on my own content with some resources from realm667. So since then it was my goal for all of my future projects to not have IWAD content whatsoever.

Take for example, the Mutator contest. If you were to make a compilation of all the entries in that contest from both years in which it has been held, the total combined filesize would probably equal about ONE-FIFTIETH of the filesize of your newest, "trimmed down" version of Warzone. Yet that contest produced some frigging amazing mods like Omega, Shoot Monsters With TEXTURES, and Parkour, all from using code to manipulate graphics already present in an IWAD.

I doubt it and I don't even know anything about this Mutator contest.

If this was about trolling, I'd almost understand. People already troll the Doom community by making wads. Like that guy that uploads levels where text involving anal impse with a cyberdemon is spammed all over the screen or something. But you know what? That guy puts in about a thousandth of the work you do, for the same result: We think to ourselves "Why the fuck did he bother?"

Some of the trolls think that Doomguy's Warzone Gold Edition is the greatest thing ever made so it depends on what kind of a wad it is.

Abridged version of that post:

"It is an awesome mod because I made it and if you don't like it you are stupid."

I actually tried this wad. It's a big pile of poopie.

Doomguy 2000 said:

Some of the trolls think that Doomguy's Warzone Gold Edition is the greatest thing ever made

Reeeaaallllyyyy now, do they?

I tried it myself, deleted it, and never looked back. That pretty much described my opinion on this mod to a T.

Edit:

Paul D said:

Abridged version of that post:

"It is an awesome mod because I made it and if you don't like it you are stupid."

Yeah, that attitude seems just about right.

Well, it's alreeady gotten far more attention that many suposedly better wads.

I haven't actually played this wad, just going by this thread and the ID games comments.

Its amazing how easy it is to make something go away by ignoring it. Effort feels completely wasted when you get no feedback whatsoever.

Doomguy 2000 said:

You click on view results to see the number of star ratings on my feedback system.

Are we talking about the archives, here? I don't see that option, which are you referring to?

Am I the only one here who was actually... amused by this? :) Sure, it just seems to be "hey let's stick one of everything into a wad and call it done", but I've always wanted to kill Flanders and Pikachu.

buttspit said:

Are we talking about the archives, here? I don't see that option, which are you referring to?

No I was talking about my feedback on my website.

Alwaysdoomed said:

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?id=16760

the comments that people put here pretty much sum this wad up.

Yeah most of them were vomit this and that. Good to see most of them get deleted because I knew they wouldn't last.

Vermil said:

Well, it's alreeady gotten far more attention that many suposedly better wads.

Yeah tell me about it. The first week it was available it got close to 80 votes. Now it's down to 27 votes instead. Of course it's not the only thing getting more attention, Herculine's Doom Upgrade if you go on there most of the time gets more attention from the trolls.

Yeah, but I was actually trying to make something that I thought people would enjoy, not knowing at the time that randomizers and Realm667 are apparently the most hated things in the universe. Live and learn, I guess.

It seems like any worthwhile discussion has come to an end, and nothing good lies ahead here.