Doom Comic
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Goldeneye on Windows 7

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 21:09. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
narcissus
Warming Up

hey guys, has anyone found a way for goldeneye to be playable on windows 7?

Unfortunately, I've hit a bit of a snag trying to get the goldeneye TC to function. I'm d downloaded near every version on ModDB and paired them with ZDoom and ChocolateDoom, along with the stand alone edge version. No matter what I do, I'm always missing some textures. The New Game and Quit game on the title screen are just blank squares, and I can't pull up any objectives or have them appear on screen (like in youtube videos I've seen). For example, the truck from the first level is missing, etc.

The standalone edge release in 2009 plays perfectly, but has no sound. Any advice on how to get this guy working? I'd love to give it a go!

Old Post 06-03-12 23:33 #
narcissus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ourumov
Warming Up

I'm working on a new build. Got the sound to work, now just need to get the music working. Stay tuned.

Last edited by Ourumov on 03-30-13 at 02:10

Old Post 03-30-13 00:59 #
Ourumov is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Death Egg
Forum Regular

Ourumov said:
I'm working on a new build. Got the sound to work, now just need to get the sound working. Stay tuned.

So did you get the sound working or not? :/

Old Post 03-30-13 01:19 #
Death Egg is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ourumov
Warming Up

Sound working yes, music no.

Old Post 03-30-13 02:10 #
Ourumov is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
ComicMischief

You found the Edge version? I couldn't! Where is it?

Old Post 03-30-13 12:35 #
ComicMischief is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ourumov
Warming Up

ComicMischief said:
You found the Edge version? I couldn't! Where is it?

http://www.moddb.com/mods/goldeneye-doom2

Old Post 04-03-13 23:18 #
ComicMischief

Thanks. It doesn't explicitly say "Edge version" until I download the "standalone" one. I mainly want this to look over DDFs and see how things are done, although from a quick play just now it doesn't look too in-depth.

Also, trying it with the latest version of Edge plays the sounds, but zooming doesn't work well with the sniper rifle.

Old Post 04-04-13 13:28 #
ComicMischief is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote