Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reinchard666

Reinchards high resolution textures and sprites - demo available

Yeah, I agree with adding some hair to the arm too. His arm should probably be a little beefier too, looks a little puny :D

I have all frames of pistol, but Doom show only 3. For now I can't make version that will be compatible with Perkristian smooth animation - when I use my sprites with this wad, jDoom just crashes. Here is how its look for now:

I upgrade gloves material and remade forearm shape. Hairs will be added in photoshop. When I have finished all the frames I post demo.

Current hand shape:

EDIT: Oh, and full sprite:

The arm shape looks fine now, could probably just use some hair to make it look more manly.

Also the color of the glove is not quite right, I think it's a little too orange-y still. Kind of blends with the arm too much, though maybe that would be fixed by the arm color not being so pale (plus the hair). I'd say maybe darken the color of both slightly, but slightly lower saturation on the glove.

Reinchard666 said:

I have all frames of pistol, but Doom show only 3. For now I can't make version that will be compatible with Perkristian smooth animation - when I use my sprites with this wad, jDoom just crashes.

If you send me some data to test I'll gladly look into the problem. It should work fine.

FYI: Doomsday bug tracker

Reinchard666 said:

AzureAgony make code for new pistol animation, so here is tech-demo (only for zDoom based ports, jDoom version in future I hope)

1. Open JDoom.pk3 and then look for objects.ded in 'Defs/JDoom'.

2. Do a search for 'pistol', copy the states into a text file, modify them and/or add as many you wish and then save as blah.ded.

3. Load in Dday like you do a pwad or PK3.

Heres the first state for the pistol, as a reference.

State {
ID = "PISTOL";
Sprite = "PISG";
Frame = 0;
Tics = 1;
Action = "A_WeaponReady";
Next state = "PISTOL";
}

To load the sprites; while Dday supports PNG files inside a wad, it doesn't support HIRESTEX.

Instead you stick the hi-res sprites in 'Data/JDoom/Patches' (within a PK3 ideally; the ded can also go in there in 'Defs/JDoom/Auto'), with the name of the in wad sprite they are replacing and Dday will auto scale them to the size the original sprite.

Thanks a lot Vermil. Currently I'm working on a very time-consuming texture, so I don't have much time for definition files, but I appreciate your example.

I start modeling Tekwall1 texture. Because original one is strongly based on Giger art, I decide to use some gigerish graphic as a base for background bumps. Model is still in progress, and there is still many elements missing. It will take some time before I'm done, so here is how its look for now:

I like the look of that. The original uses pictures of a circuit board for at least some of the image and, honestly, it's always looked a bit awkward to me because the chips and so on are way too big scale-wise. You have taken the original idea and made something very faithful to the feeling of the original but you have improved it by making something that looks better than over sized circuit components.

Enjay said:

I like the look of that. The original uses pictures of a circuit board for at least some of the image and, honestly, it's always looked a bit awkward to me because the chips and so on are way too big scale-wise. You have taken the original idea and made something very faithful to the feeling of the original but you have improved it by making something that looks better than over sized circuit components.

The giant chips always used to make me laugh though it was one of these "overdrawn" elements that made Doom what it was... it had such a cool "over the top technical stuff here" feel to it.

@Reinchard: keep an eye on the thumb of the gun-hand. Overall I'm really impressed how you extrapolated the existing artwork. I'll always prefer the original one, but you're doing an outstanding job.

The texture looks like a motherboard from the 90's lol, it looks great BTW. Will you release a beta version of this texture pack? If so when?

I approve of the tekwall. The last screenshot of the pistol and hand looks great too :)

I finished W17_1 patch, which is used for tekwall1 and tekwall3 textures. Here's full patch:

if you compare it with the original you will notice some differences, but I think is not a big problem.

Too bad that id use this patch in strange way. For example in texture tekwall1 this patch is used 2 times, one above the other and in hires this thing looks little strange, so I decide to make few changes in upper part of texture.

Here's tekwall1:

And tekwall3:

Very nice. Very nice indeed. A minor complaint, these pipes/tubes/whatevertheyare are less distinct than they are on the original. I think it's because they are too near the edge of the panel and so merge with the shadow a bit.

To me anyway, that's a bit of the texture that is quite important and gives it some of its character.

Please add more green. I know you're colorblind, so if you need someone to highlight where it should go, I'd be happy to help!

Here you can see compared to your version:

The blue areas are green. Keep in mind that the whole image has shades of dark and grayish or brownish green.

Tanks guys i try do something with this. Krispy - highlight this green parts. I see this in few places, is something like green slime tdripping from the components in the middle center of texture, but maybe there is more green places.

Ok, I see your edit, thanks.

I always thought that the points I have put a pink box around:

might be light sources (especially the lower one) instead of slime but, yes, the rest look slimy.

Yeah, it's not slime, just the green plastic board on which the circuits and components are placed.

I just wanted to ask Reinchard, why do you use so many odd-ball texture sizes? For instance I would expect to see 512x512, 1024x1024 etc but I'm seeing stuff 800x800 and 441x432 unless there is something I'm missing here. But I think not following proper convention is really going to screw up consistency.

If original texture have 128x128 I make new version in 1024x1024, if 64x64 then 512x512 etc. I noticed that after some time Doomworld (or maybe Imgur??)downsize my textures.