Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reinchard666

Reinchards high resolution textures and sprites - demo available

Flynn Taggart said:

Also I fixed PLANET1 so the left and right monitors at the top display the correct images. (they were swapped)

Great job on all of these - wow!
The 3D effect on the PLANET1 panels look strange, as if the shadows are wrong. At the top of each panel, it looks like the panel is raised, but, if you look at the bottom, each panel looks inset. So, maybe darken the top of each panel for a shadow, to make the panels inset.

I really love the embossed effect on this flat. It's also great to see another update. I always look forward to a new texture everytime I visit Doomworld.

For a week I'm working on very hard texture. When I started I thought it would be easy. Unfortunately, all my versions look terrible. It would be easy to make a texture that looks good, but the after reduction hires version to the size of original, my work looked completely different. So after week of work I have this:

ceil3_2:

Ingame:

IMO I've always thought that CIEL2_3 was too crudely drawn to really point out what it exactly was. I think you made a decent texture given what you had to work with. (better than DHTP for sure)

Yup it looks like a good guess at what it is maybe meant to look like.

I suggest making the border match the METAL texture a bit more closely. Although the border on the original texture doesn't look exactly like METAL, I think that it is probably meant to compliment it. Other than that, it looks fine to me.

I think the flats GATE1/2/3 are supposed to have symbols carved into red skin. The 'skin' in your version looks more like concrete (notice how the original has some pores and bumps visible) and the cuts look too neat and clean. Consider getting the patches WALL98_1, WALL98_2, WALL99_1, and WALL99_2 (fleshtone skin without symbols) and W103_1 and W103_2 (fleshtone skin with symbols) down pat before finalizing any of the GATE* flats.

Looking at the original flat, you could be correct but I've never imagined them as being skin-like before. Mind you, I'm not sure that I ever imagined them being made of anything in particular. With GATE4 being SHAWN2-like, I suppose that influenced my thinking and I sort of thought about them all as being metallic in some way, but nothing clearly defined in my head.

I always thought that this is skin, so I use skin texture in version I post above. I have more visible bubbles in previous version, but they disappeared during the work on pentagram. I'm still working on it.

If you take SKINSYMB, colour it red, and shrink it down to about 90% its existing size, the result is almost spot on for the non-metallic parts of GATE1, GATE2, and GATE3.

So much so that I'm pretty sure that's exactly what ID did.

Put more of an intense red into the texture like is seen in the original version, it looks really washed out at the moment.

I agree with a more saturated red. Also, I think the shadowing is a bit bland. In the original texture, The texture is darker in the bottom left area and it gets brighter in the top right corner. This is barely noticeable in your version.

I like how the cuts look more natural now. But some of the areas in the cuts look a little too "zig-zaggy" if you know what I mean. But overall, it is going in the right direction. I hope to see the other GATE textures soon so we can have a matching set.

Reinchard666,

Is the post on the first page your latest release, or is there another more-recent download available or planned?

(sorry for the bump)

Reinchard666 said:

For now is my only release.

Fair enough. I must admit, your texture set is easily the best, and the only hi-res texture set I would want to use, so, naturally, I am very anxious! I almost forgot about the thread, since there's been no recent post. Last night I remembered about it, so I had to find it using the search function, to see what happened.

I am sure others feel the same way - you've got talent, man! In case you didn't know, people are very interested in your work. I (we) anxiously hope for an update, when you are ready!

I totally agree with kb1.
For me Doom will always be low res original artwork but if I had to chose a high res texture set it would be yours Reinchard.
It's very hard to create good textures even more so in high resolution - hats off.

Thanks you guys for good words. Unfortunately now I have a lot of other work and I can't work on the project, but I promise to get back to making textures as soon as I can.

Oh, and there is no updated zip yet. More of my textures are in dhtp pack.