Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reinchard666

Reinchards high resolution textures and sprites - demo available

The new one is perfect, that is what it should look like. Funky future plastic.

Thanks for good suggestions. This is the latest and maybe final version of STARGR2.

Miniature:

And first try with rest of textures by StarStruct, Inc...

STARTAN1:

STARGR1:

STARTAN3: (very rough version)

The textures are definitely looking good enough that they look terrible on classic Doom architecture. Might have to see them in a map where more care has been taken with texture alignment :)

THEY ARE PERFECT!

EDIT: Are you still planning to make custom recolors of your textures for modding purposes?I would really like to see a gray version of your previous texture.

The second screenshot looks fuzzy, even if it’s not fuzzy.

These textures look amazing especially the TEKWALL. Keep up the great work man!

Also the quality of these textures reminds me of this:

DooM_RO said:

THEY ARE PERFECT!

EDIT: Are you still planning to make custom recolors of your textures for modding purposes?I would really like to see a gray version of your previous texture.

Yes, when I finish I can make some variations.
During a break from star textures I start with brown1. Original texture look to me like taken from photo of real wall (maybe this rectangular things in the upper part was hide some kind of water outlet or something, this would explain water stains below their).This is only test version.

Actually I think those rectangles are supposed to be embossed OUT of the wall.

Nomad said:

Actually I think those rectangles are supposed to be embossed OUT of the wall.

Yes, I thik they are - and they look like it on Reinchard's to me (though I can force myself to see them going inwards too). They are too faint ATM but the texture is in its early stages. I'm sure they will be improved.

KuriKai said:

Have you thought about adding shinemaps to the textures?

Sorry but I don't even know that some Doom ports are using shinemaps (is this something similar to specular map?).

And I know, this rectangular things must be outside and their are, but this is only test.

Marnetmar said:

Please don't do any of the fancy shinemap/lightmap stuff. It always looks like crap in the end.

Only in ports which don't support them.

These look very nice. Would you mind taking some shots of them in use with a pwad that has texture alignment / structure based around the texture in mind?

I don't want to come across as a nag - It's just been close to a decade since the hi-res option has been available and these are some of the nicest ones I've seen. Keep up the good work!

I think the STARx and BROWNx textures need lot's more shadowing IMO. Or maybe just the gamma of the screenshots is high?

Hey, I was thinking: why not remake all the textures in E1M1 first and then have a small demo so that we can see how these textures actually fit together?

Maybe I'll try.
Heres new version of BROWN1 with comparison to the original and ingame shots.

I need to work on the upper part. There must be a small gap on the top.

BROWN1 is just about my favorite texture from doom and as such i'm a bit more defensive of it than usual. Your texture is great, but it looks a bit flat compared to the original, even though the geometry it's depicting is probably supposed to be more or less flat... But if you look at the thumbnails side by side, you should see the lack of shading on the bottoms of the two halves.

I'll try reduce the shadows in BROWN1. Today I start with EXITDOOR. Here is first part, without the background (I know, some parts are in little wrong position).

Reinchard666 said:

I'll try reduce the shadows in BROWN1. Today I start with EXITDOOR. Here is first part, without the background (I know, some parts are in little wrong position).

Nice start. I'm loving it already.

Wow, that's really interesting. I never actually thought of EXITDOOR as anything but a cool door-like thing.

Never really understood what EXITDOOR actually is.....well obviously a door you exit through BUT is it some kind of air lock?

Its a great start so far though :)

the huge version of brown1 looks awesome, with the wall chipping away and all that. bravo