Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reinchard666

Reinchards high resolution textures and sprites - demo available

I'm mapping in hires in Dawn of Reality, so I know what you talking about. I can't wait for Ascension, this models and textures are incredible (I see some of your textures in background, behind the models). Especially the model "shading" is very good, Im guess this is hand-draw shading?

Thank you and yes the textures are mostly hand/digitally painted. I do a basic baked in lighting with base colors and then paint over that to create those textures.

I've got to say, you are flying through these textures like they are nothing. I'm quite impressed. It feels like we will have the complete set before anyone can say "STOP BASTARDIZING!". Too late? Oh well. Keep on truckin my friend.

Anyways, I hope more people start doing HD textures. Eventually people will have a fantastic library of high res textures to choose from and with how easy Doomsday is to use now they will be able to just create their own libraries of textures without having to really put any thought into it. More power to the community... not that I really care about the health of the community but it makes me sound cool when I say crap like that.

Wow, they look amazing in the game when they aren't next to the original low res textures. The only things I'd change:

The grey parts of COMPTILE like you said could be darker, but they could also use some kind of texture. They just look to flat.

The TLITES in the screenshot the ceiling could use a bit of texture too, and I think they might be better off without the glow around the lights. But these are just nitpicking and it might be because of the jpg artifacts, the screenshots look awesome.

Good work there Reinchard666. Especially that doorstop. *Yoink* taken!

Its funny. I really hate BROWNGRN too. Right now it is the strangest looking texture that i've done. I love the original but I can't seem to make something that makes any sense.

I second what qoncept said. The "plastic" panels on comptile really need some kind of texture even if its subtle.

STEP1 frankly looks like shit, but the rest are awesome--they really scale well despite the intricate detail! You're right about COMPTILE needing some shading in the grey part though. REALLY like the SUPPORT one.

STEP1 needs some more work as does FLOOR7_2, you could also take a look at the Doom 3 version of the red lights in shot 3 for more inspiration(if you need it).

I also really like the new version of BROWN1, great job!

I reviewed many marble photos and I decided that this kind of marble best fit to riginal one. There are no more details in this kind of flat marble, so I think this texture is finished. I always imagine floor7_2 as a fancy, nice looking thing, some kind of decorative stuff, so I don't wamt any crackles/dirt on it. This is how its look in game:
http://i.imgur.com/oiOHf.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/J0Hs6.jpg

I redone FLAT20.
This is how it look now:
http://i.imgur.com/JgWyk.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/nSJ4g.png

That new FLAT20 is definitely more faithful, the other one would probably be better suited to something stylized like Ascension.

Nomad said:

the other one would probably be better suited to something stylized like Ascension.

In my opinion the first version don't fit to nothing and certainly not for Ascension :D

Nomad said:

That new FLAT20 is definitely more faithful, the other one would probably be better suited to something stylized like Ascension.

Not quite dirty enough to fit into Ascension. Just burn it and kick some dirt on it and it would fit right in.

They sure do look nice. Not a huge fan of the exit door though. Keep up the good work!

I start with bigdoor2. 3d model is very carefully modeled on the original, with every detail (no bolts for now). This is only base, so there are some strange artifacts, but ignore it. Currently I'm workin on dirt and rust. Of course I will add in the future missing elements like bolts and do something with too bright stripes and very shining elements.

http://i.imgur.com/dMEOv.png

It is looking good so far. Extremely loyal to the source. I would recommend bringing down those red hues a bit.

Yeah, but I figured that's what he meant by "do something with too bright stripes and very shining elements," so I didn't say anything.

Looks great next to your other textures, but I think by itself it looks a little plastic-y.

Its great to see an accurate BIGDOOR texture. jDoom's texture pack misses a few details. But make the rust spots a little browner. And the ridges on the far sides should be darker.