Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ribbiks

Chiggity: short puzzle-esque maps

What is chiggity.wad?

very short, and probably annoyingly difficult levels. Not really 'puzzles' per se, more like dangerous rooms where the suggested course of action may not be immediately obvious.

Tested in: Pr-Boom Plus, cl9
No difficulty levels implemented (UV or bust)

Download:

Chiggity v1.1

Screenshots:

Map01:

Map02:

Haa, awesome. The way you slowly figure out what to do reminded me of "I wanna be the guy". That game was completely fair though, without random parts like that damn chaingunner trap. But still I enjoyed your map.

Here is the demo of my playthrough - http://content.wuala.com/contents/kuchitsu/Doom_DEMO/FDA/chiggity_mem_FDA.zip?dl=1

EDIT: forgot to say that I hated forced pickups (had to take green armor with 98% because there was a switch behind it)

holy cow you beat it. I didn't think anyone would have the patience to figure it out, great job!

Although wow, you handle it completely differently than I intended :D. I never thought of just standing behind the baron, the first room was designed with this idea:

force your way onto that teleporter with the hell knight -->
hit that switch that you kept trying to hit from the ground -->
run around in circles collecting a bajillion homing revenant missles -->
tele behind baron have the massive homing deathball kill it.

sorry about the forced armor pickup, I never played the level that way so I've always taken quite a few hits before I got to that room.

also somewhat sorry about the chaingunner trap, I usually keep the baron around to obstruct some of the fire. In your last playthrough you handled it well though.

also iwbtg is amazing.

Very cool idea with collecting missiles. :) And not as hard as it sounds: just tried it and succeeded on the first attempt.
Also, I noticed that there is another map in the wad but it is unplayable. Does this mean that you plan to make more?

Indeed I intend on making more maps in a similar vein. Aesthetically this wad will probably be a complete mish-mash, but hopefully still fun.

On a side-note, is there an equivalent for animdefs lump that works in boom? (you may have noticed the motionless ice floor in the 2nd map). Aside from replacing already animated textures I mean.

Ribbiks said:

On a side-note, is there an equivalent for animdefs lump that works in boom? (you may have noticed the motionless ice floor in the 2nd map). Aside from replacing already animated textures I mean.

Yes, it's called ANIMATED.

Ok, I got the gist of it, unless I'm wrong.

MAP01

Spoiler

Hit switch on the right
Dash into baron room
Hit lift, turn around and hit the switch
Wait behind baron for it to die
Dash out and collect shotgun
Shoot switch
Dodge vile, hit first two switches
Quickly allow yourself to get on liquid platform (that chaingunners spawn on)
Strafe to blue skull
Open blue door, fist the hellknight
Strafe and rocket all the revenants
Cheat and hit the hellknight switch from the water
Rocketjump to exit

Watch me fail:

Gonna try Map02 now///

I did a run of MAP01 posted in Miscellaneous Demo's (Part 2) thread if you guys want to check it out. (done in PRBoom-plus)

Oh and it's on YT as well - forgot I can put the YT tag on here:

you guys found many ways to go through the rooms much faster than I thought possible while testing. particularly great run, nevan!