Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I found this wad surprisingly difficult. Is there a name for this style of gameplay? It is similar to slaughter but it does not have enough factors to be called slaughter.

I suppose your right. It's just I have played a few maps in the same style. It is a small map with one huge fight.

The maps aren't slaughter maps--I believe a slaughter map has to have far more monsters, and some hordes. Actinium is one of those "extremely difficult non-slaughter maps," kind of like Skepland and the Chord series. Although, i think Actinium is nowhere near as difficult as Skepland. But it certainly has a solid challenge.

fullmetalvaran33 said:

The maps aren't slaughter maps--I believe a slaughter map has to have far more monsters, and some hordes. Actinium is one of those "extremely difficult non-slaughter maps," kind of like Skepland and the Chord series. Although, i think Actinium is nowhere near as difficult as Skepland. But it certainly has a solid challenge.

I agree, there are not enough monsters to be a slaughter map.

DuckReconMajor said:

You might also be interested in "congestion" maps where there aren't many monsters but you don't have a lot of space to fight them.

I have played a few congestion maps. I quite enjoyed "Congestion 1024", that was a good megawad.