Doom monster
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Concerned - Doom Megawad - Now on Idgames
Pages (7): « First ... « 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 05:41. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
cannonball

SteveD said:
Update: I turned off auto-aim in R3D and placed several rockets through the hole, but the SM was never telefragged. I tried it in GZDoom with auto-aim and, as you said, once I got rockets in, the trick worked.

BTW, maybe I wasn't looking for changes, but I still don't know how to exit the map. ;D

Map ends when all spider masterminds are dead pretty much. Hence why there are teleporters back down to the lower levels if someone is cheeky enough to leave one standing in the main part of the map.

Old Post 07-15-13 17:20 #
cannonball is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
SteveD

I see. So unless I can get the last SM in R3D, I'm stuck in the map, because I'd killed all the others.

BTW, turns out I was playing in HNTR after all, as I noticed when testing in GZDoom, because this time there were four Cybs in that picture area. So this really is the hardest HNTR map I ever played. Cheers for pitching the gameplay so nicely on that lower setting.

Old Post 07-15-13 17:25 #
SteveD is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
cannonball

SteveD said:
I see. So unless I can get the last SM in R3D, I'm stuck in the map, because I'd killed all the others.

BTW, turns out I was playing in HNTR after all, as I noticed when testing in GZDoom, because this time there were four Cybs in that picture area. So this really is the hardest HNTR map I ever played. Cheers for pitching the gameplay so nicely on that lower setting.

There are 2 on HNTR, 3 on HMP and 4 on UV
You are playing on UV, especially if you picked up the bfg where you said you did. On HNTR you get it at the same time as the rocket launcher and plasma gun :P

Old Post 07-15-13 17:32 #
cannonball is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
SteveD

Don't mind me, I'm just confused as usual. :D But remember also that I'm playing continuous, and I've had the BFG since at least E3M5. ATM I don't remember whether or not I saw the BFG in the room with the turreted Cybs, so I opened a game I saved before getting the red key and went up there. No BFG. Checked the surrounding area and all the enemies were still alive, so I guess it was HNTR after all. Man, that's a badass map on HNTR! When I nominate this for the DWMC, I will give HMP a try. Kinda scary. ;D UV? Not yet, maybe someday.

Now it's time to check E3M9.

Old Post 07-15-13 17:53 #
SteveD is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
SteveD

E3M9 (God Mode Walkthrough) Ė Kills 94, Items Ė 30, Secret Ė 33. Time 12:28

In the interests of time, I chose the God Mode walkthough after a quick look at HNTR revealed potential for a truly staggering death count. ;D

Right off the bat, this is amazingly beautiful. I especially thought the room with 4 Cybercrushers was absolutely staggering, and the side room with Marbface bleeding from the eyes was cooler than shit. My hatís off to you. You really seem at home in the Hell maps.

What a surprise to see a teleport ladder ala Slava Pestov! ;D In R3D, it took several tries to telefrag all the Cybers. I kept appearing right next to them. This might be another topic for Abbs. ;D I reckon Iíll replay this episode in GZDoom, unless testing has revealed that you sometimes miss the Cyber in that port as well.

I hate to think what this map is like on UV, but since itís an optional secret map, who cares how difficult it is. I can see that HNTR would give me all I really want out of this puppy. Plenty of well-placed lower-level enemies for solid Dooming action before all the metagaming against the Cybs.

Flow is nice, and itís really fun to romp around everywhere. Every switch I pressed worked. Canít wait to play it for real, but Iíll save that for the DWMC. ;)

Old Post 07-15-13 18:38 #
cannonball

E3M9 shouldn't be too bad. Up to the final area (the one you love) it shouldn't be too difficult, you could be unlucky in the blue key room, and the following set up with the teleporter is a little tricky. The huge outdoor area is pretty trivial really.
Anyway thanks for giving this a spin. Ran the check mode on doombuilder to clear any mapping errors. So I guess it's now whether I can let go of this wad and let it set sail for idgames :)

Old Post 07-15-13 20:40 #
SteveD

I say, go for it, cannonball!

Testing the maps was my pleasure. And as you can see from my prior work playtesting Realm of Chaos, nothing, but nothing, escapes my notice! I deliver playtesting you can trust! ;D

Old Post 07-15-13 21:33 #
cannonball

Uploaded to idgames, here is the speedyshare file for those who want it now
http://speedy.sh/4jmYf/concern.zip
Hopefully there are no "I've done gone screwed up" moments in there.

Last edited by cannonball on 07-16-13 at 09:38

Old Post 07-16-13 09:31 #
Springy

Good too see this finished! I had a bash at some telefragging cyberdemon level the other day and a few others. It felt quite nice what I had played of it. Are you going to finish 2012 now?

Old Post 07-16-13 12:02 #
Springy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
cannonball

Springy said:
Good too see this finished! I had a bash at some telefragging cyberdemon level the other day and a few others. It felt quite nice what I had played of it. Are you going to finish 2012 now?

Could be a long wait haha. With D2INO and NOVA both reaching beta stage I will be polishing my maps for them.
The awkward moment when you load up your finished wad and immediately spot a texture misalignment :P

Old Post 07-16-13 21:15 #
glenzinho
Forum Regular

Just played the first episode, great stuff cannonball! Good classic deign and feel with a splash of the brutality of today that we all know and love. Looking forward to finishing the rest.

Old Post 07-18-13 11:22 #
glenzinho is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
LigH
Forum Regular

Sector 45 in E2M2 appears to be misdesigned around the pillars blocking the switch to open the Exit room door, it provoked a HoM around the blue pillar in Risen3D.
__

BTW:

E2M3 - "hydroponic" ~ "created by water"; "hydrophonic" ~ "sound of water"?

Old Post 07-19-13 12:00 #
LigH is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
cannonball

Cheers Glenzihno
@LigH bah no idea how that happened, still it only results in a slight visual glitch when the bar is raised in opengl ports.
The name is a deliberate mistake as many have already pointed out that the name should have an "h" missing. Thought I would leave it in to stop the map being confused with the map from Double Impact
Dammit forgot to put demos in this wad.
Also Idgames link
http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?id=17267

Last edited by cannonball on 07-20-13 at 08:59

Old Post 07-20-13 08:12 #
CorSair
Forum Regular

Haven't shown my interest yet. Time to fix that by downloading this. :)

Old Post 07-20-13 08:23 #
CorSair is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
mouldy

Hey cool, congrats on finishing the whole collection. I shall be having a go at this

Old Post 07-20-13 09:58 #
mouldy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Jayextee
Darth Jrrr

Yeah fuck it, why not?

May tuck into this meal when Realm of Chaos is done at the megawad club. :)

Old Post 07-20-13 10:04 #
Jayextee is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
SteveD

Jayextee said:
May tuck into this meal when Realm of Chaos is done at the megawad club. :)

The DWMC is coming up on "new megawad" month, and I plan to nominate Concerned. Even though I just finished playtesting it, it was such a blast I wanna do it again! :)

If it gets voted through, I'll play on GZDoom this time, at least for E3.

I never saw that HOM LigH pointed out. Ahem, yet another epic fail by The SteveD Playtesting House. ;D

Old Post 07-20-13 15:44 #
SteveD

@cannonball
Yes, this megawad really should have demos in it. Can you change that and re-upload or is it too much hassle?

Old Post 07-20-13 15:45 #
cannonball

SteveD said:

The DWMC is coming up on "new megawad" month, and I plan to nominate Concerned. Even though I just finished playtesting it, it was such a blast I wanna do it again! :)

If it gets voted through, I'll play on GZDoom this time, at least for E3.

I never saw that HOM LigH pointed out. Ahem, yet another epic fail by The SteveD Playtesting House. ;D

I think there might be competition, I think hellbound might take next months slot (btw I really want to give that wad a real go)
Haha no worries it's hard to spot :P
On the demos front, I might do some demos and update the wad as this will not result in any compatibility issues with any demos which might be done between now and then.

Old Post 07-20-13 16:22 #
Eris Falling
Forum Staple

Made it to E1M2 so far on UV. I make very slow progress. I really like E1M1's music, sounds like one of my real-life keyboard solos.

Old Post 07-20-13 17:49 #
Eris Falling is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
LigH
Forum Regular

The discovery of bugs will certainly depend on the engine used. Some may be more resilient.

Old Post 07-20-13 17:56 #
LigH is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Adun
Warming Up

Played up to E2M7 so far with PrBoom+ going for 100% kills, items, and secrets. I haven't encountered any bugs yet but I'm absolutely stumped trying to figure out how to get to the RK. Awesome job with these maps, cb. I'm psyched for E3.

Old Post 07-20-13 18:10 #
Adun is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Nevan

Oh my gad it's finished

*downloads*

Old Post 07-20-13 18:43 #
Nevan is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
glenzinho
Forum Regular

God damn, what a fine mapset. Absolutely love it! Interesting finish...

Old Post 07-21-13 12:54 #
glenzinho is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Glaice
formerly Mr. Chris

Slating this for a video playthrough on my Youtube channel.

Last edited by Glaice on 07-29-13 at 22:22

Old Post 07-21-13 22:00 #
Glaice is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Glaice
formerly Mr. Chris

Okay, I got a few videos up so far..

I can say this: Holy crap this WAD does not mess around! I don't know how many times I've died already but it's at least half a dozen times on E1 and many more times in E2, especially the final map for that episode. Good job, Cannonball!

Oh and I am at E3M2 currently.

Last edited by Glaice on 07-30-13 at 01:05

Old Post 07-29-13 22:20 #
Glaice is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
cannonball

Sweet and thanks. Glad it's giving people some pain, all in a positive sense of course :)

Old Post 07-29-13 23:40 #
Katamori
Forum Staple

Glad to see that finally your simple project have extended to a whole map replacement set. =)

Claustrophobia: Cybertown project thread

Old Post 07-30-13 08:32 #
Katamori is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
LigH
Forum Regular

I had a little issue with E2M9 in Risen3D: Grabbing the blue skull key (passing line 2675) is supposed to lower a wall to a niche with a cell pack (sector 391). It didn't.

Old Post 08-02-13 14:35 #
cannonball

LigH said:
I had a little issue with E2M9 in Risen3D: Grabbing the blue skull key (passing line 2675) is supposed to lower a wall to a niche with a cell pack (sector 391). It didn't.

That's because the linedef is a switch function. View the area before the key is lowered probably makes things clearer.
http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/9796/du9t.png
Note the gargoyle texture, press that to lower the cell pack.

Old Post 08-02-13 14:51 #