Weird impy thing
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > 5till L1 Complex

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 10:37. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Lainos
Green Marine

I finally made my last (and best) WAD - 5till L1 Complex.
Story-wise it could be considered to be a direct sequel to Doxylamine Moon: Overdose.

http://lainos.ucoz.net/load/0-0-0-80-20
http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?id=16861

Iwad: Doom2.wad
Port: Limit-Removing, ogg-music (prBoom+)
Complevel: 2
No jump, no crouch

Old screenshots from alpha-version.

http://lainos.ucoz.net/_ph/17/2/27603385.jpg
http://lainos.ucoz.net/_ph/17/2/248597850.jpg

Last edited by Lainos on 07-28-12 at 16:50

Old Post 07-22-12 16:06 #
Lainos is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Memfis
Forum Spammer

link zabul!

Old Post 07-22-12 16:28 #
Memfis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Avoozl
Forum Staple

I loved Overdose, I will be looking forward to playing this one once it is made available. :)

Old Post 07-22-12 16:29 #
Avoozl is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lainos
Green Marine

2 Memfis
Oh, blya, lol. :D

Link is added.)

Old Post 07-22-12 16:45 #
Lainos is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Avoozl
Forum Staple

The yellow switch in the maze like area lets me use it without a yellow key.

Old Post 07-23-12 12:27 #
Avoozl is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lainos
Green Marine

You can't to down this "door" without yellow key. Switching don't anything.

Old Post 07-23-12 15:42 #
Avoozl
Forum Staple

So it was intended, okay then.

Old Post 07-23-12 16:38 #
Lainos
Green Marine

New version (V1.2) is avinable. Fixed bag with secret sector (and some graphic bags).

Old Post 07-23-12 21:38 #
dannebubinga
Forum Regular

I really liked the looks of this map and you must have spent an awful lot of time on making this beast. But I must say that this plays horrible. I got lost all the time and the fights where nothing more than shooting at different enemies in open areas with weak weapons.

The alternative weapon sprites doesn't really work well either, with shotgun being the worst sprite. It takes all the feeling away from the original sprite by removing the recoil animation.

This map reminds me alot of hellcore 2.0 with it's beautiful design but poor gameplay. But I guess it's hard to make interesting gameplay when you're making maps that are open and big like this. Maybe if I was in the mood for playing doom just to explore I could have found this map interesting.

Old Post 07-28-12 12:22 #
dannebubinga is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Memfis
Forum Spammer

Yeah, this map is all about exploring and feeling the atmosphere. I think Lainos succeeded in that even though I didn't like the music and played with a different song.

Old Post 07-28-12 13:13 #
Memfis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Enjay
ASK ME ABOUT FOOTBALL / STEAM / DEAD CELEBRITIES / THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT

I'm a sucker for city maps and I loved Overdose. This time you have really managed to capture the feel of a city with some heavily bombed/ruined areas and the style fits very neatly with Overdose. Good stuff!

Old Post 07-28-12 15:58 #
Enjay is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Katamori
Forum Staple

Damn, I missed this thread.

Lainos, I think you closed Doxylamine Moon "era" with this map, which might be it's third part. Sadly, I couldn't finish it without cheats, but I saw the 90% of the map, and it was amazing!

Memfis was definitely right: gameplay isn't perfect, but the feeling is the best I've ever seen!

PS.: I have no idea, what's the exact reason, but I was and I am still bvery interested in your maps and all your Doom-related works, even if you won't create new maps. Just sayin' =)

Old Post 08-18-12 23:35 #
Katamori is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lainos
Green Marine

>>> "I couldn't finish it without cheats"

What has caused difficulties?

Old Post 08-19-12 01:01 #
_bruce_

Looks cool.

Old Post 08-19-12 01:31 #
_bruce_ is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
hawkwind

Still one rendering bug ...

Sectors 18 and 131 needed a floor height of 0 , not -128. The error is quite noticeable, in either software or hardware ports.

Old Post 09-01-12 08:35 #
hawkwind is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lainos
Green Marine

WAD was tested in prBoom+. I have not seen any serious bugs, and nobody said me about it.

Old Post 09-01-12 12:48 #
hawkwind

Lainos said:
WAD was tested in prBoom+. I have not seen any serious bugs, and nobody said me about it.

I have clearly seen this in prboom+ software, glboom+ hardware, zdoom software, gzdoom hardware and Risen3D. Either/or check those sectors in an editor or check in-game, and you will see the issue ... guaranteed.

Here is a screenshot using prboom+

http://i.imgur.com/xowBc.jpg

Last edited by hawkwind on 09-02-12 at 01:36

Old Post 09-02-12 01:14 #
hawkwind is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lainos
Green Marine

Aah, you about that. Yes, I know. It was made for hide light on the floor. Not everyone will notice, that's why I left it.

Old Post 09-02-12 11:06 #
hawkwind

Lainos said:
Aah, you about that. Yes, I know. It was made for hide light on the floor. Not everyone will notice, that's why I left it.

Maybe not if they use a port that doesn't use mouselook, like prboom+. And I knew why you did it, but you did it wrong. If you knew about it, why not fix it, as described above ... easy.

Old Post 09-02-12 12:39 #
Xaser
Forum Staple

Holy megapants! This is ridiculously great. o_O

It's huge, beautiful, nonlinear, and sports perfect ambiance. Borderline surreal, even. Like, whoa. O:

Only complaint is that the exit is tucked away in a really hard-to-find area, so much that I had to open up the map in an editor to find it. I did get the "now where do I go?" feeling a couple of times, but managed to find the way forward without that much trouble anyhow. I definitely appreciate how the interior of the complex is completely free to roam -- we need more of this. :)

It's sad to hear the claim that this is your last wad, though... I haven't even had the chance to recruit you for Hacx 2.0 yet. :P

Old Post 09-02-12 20:42 #
Xaser is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Katamori
Forum Staple

If anyone is lazy to download, I have an English commentary video series about the WAD. =)

CYBERCRAFT: A cyberpunk RPG for LÍVE

Old Post 01-30-13 07:57 #
Katamori is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
MarcoLambda
Warming Up

I like it. It seems you've put a lot of effort into it. I like the new sprites for the weapons. Did you made them?

Old Post 01-30-13 13:20 #
MarcoLambda is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lainos
Green Marine

No, some sprites made by [B0S] clan (chaingun, BFG and rocket launcher), but another sprites are from [KCP] Marty Kirra (but it was modificated by [B0S] clan).

In Sacrament (http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=16475) and Overdose (http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=16664) sounds of weapons was changed (by [B0S]) too.

Old Post 01-31-13 01:52 #