In 2025, the global economy collapses, and unemployment and crime rates skyrocket. The government begins broadcasting a violent game show in which convicted criminals(players) fight for their lives and avoid certain death for a chance to be pardoned and set free.
Moving from Area to Area within the studio/arena, players must shoot down hordes of enemies that advance from all directions, while at the same time collecting weapons and power-ups until a final show down.
Server ONLINE: 18.104.22.168:15080
- Significant changes.
- Now based off: Smash TV, Running Man, and Cube.
- Updated story.
- Major changes to rooms.
- New textures. (+45 themed textures / +75 patches.)
- New texture naming scheme.
- New music. (+5 professional purchased themed tracks, including Bonus Round track, and Ending track.)
- Extended deadline.
- Major changes to rooms/encounters.
- New textures. (+20 doom-themed textures / +33 patches.)
Changes to rooms.
Changes to rooms.
Changes to rules.
Changes to gates and switches systems.
Based off Smash TV and Cube.
Summary of this thread:
interesting, but limiting the design to a featureless, square box most certainly isn't.
This project is no longer limited. Each map is now a full unique layout of a series of rooms, corridors, etc. I say unique, because there will still be some limitations.
I've heard that limitations breed creativity (and agree to some extent)
An example limitation would be the usage of the key cards Red, Blue, and Yellow. Key cards are no longer the focus in maps, but rather now a series of "Exit Gates" that are opened(unlocked) via switches throughout the map.
an entire megawad would be tedious.
This is no longer a concern, because this project is no longer limited.
This will be a unique and popular megawad, and I feel I can offer a nice experience over a course of 32 maps, divided into 4 sections/parts.
The project is no longer limited to single-room maps.
- There will be variation/fluxation in the maps; some short, some long.
- The first map will be a Starting map, with stylish environment.
- There is also a Bonus Round map(with no monsters), which is a nice break from the other maps.
- There will be an Ending map(no monsters) as well, with stylish environment and custom music.
a Megawad which requires more than one player to beat (i.e. puzzles, switches) etc. would be awesome.
However, I have received complaints from players that found it to be too restrictive to force 4 player coop.
So, I've changed 4-player puzzles to be optional now. I add alternate path(or route) in the map for a player to walk through to bypass the puzzle; if a single player wants to play the map. As penalty though--for playing singleplayer--the length and difficulty of the alternate path/route is increased significantly.
1) LOTS of restrictions, both design and gameplay related. You give your mappers very little freedom.
2) Very unusual concept, most people would rather work on something a bit more "traditional".
1) The project is no longer restricted.
2) The concept is more along the lines of "traditional" now.
Last edited by arkore on 08-14-13 at 20:24