Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chrono_T

Decide the next outcome of a mod (EDGE MOD STUFF)

Cross posting from zdoom

Now heres the thing that Im thinkin: I keep makin all these tiny mods on the side to see if I can complete them into something huge. Some mods are huge, close to completion, and they just remain in dev hell for awhile till i slap on a few more code n' stuff for em. I keep tryin to satisfy some want that I want, but it aint workin.

I find myself doin better when im tryin to satisfy someone else's want, so what I thought is basically "lets make something that they decide on what goes in!" Not in the sense of sprites or sounds or the like but more what comes next. I give 3 choices to what weapon goes in next, and when that happens, I put it in, post screens, new version of the mod with the weapon, and then give 3 more choices for the next weapon! Take it as a community choice mod. Not only do they select what gets in, whatever wins the first 3 votes directly influences the next votes. For instance, if a fast pistol won the 1st one, the next choice would be something to offset or complement the next choice, so something more powerful would be the next. If it was a powerful pistol that won the 1st though, it'd be something the opposite to complement the choice, so theres a direct balance.

As it stands though, it starts with 3 choices for the starting weapon:
-Automatic handgun (micro uzi)
-Power handgun (1911) [WINNER]
-Accuracy handgun (9mm)

SECOND 3 CHOICES:
-Accuracy SMG (1911) [WINNER]
-Speed SMG
-Power SMG[/color]

THIRD 3 CHOICES:
-Accuracy Shotgun
-Speed Shotgun
-Power Shotgun

Whatever wins the first vote gets in there first! Its up to you to decide what goes in, if you want!

EDIT: The winner was the power handgun! This wood gripped classic 1911 does easy work of even imps and demons! Taking posts from both here and doomworld, the power pistol got the first win! As promised, the first beta is in the top post!choose!

EDIT 2:
The winner was the accuracy smg! The classic mp5 comes in bearing a steady pace, range, and use! Taking posts from multiple sites, the accuracy got the second win! Next alpha is up top where the link was! Unfortunately since im an impatient SOB, now i've narrowed it down to first come first serve these days. Whoever gets the first vote gets the first choice! Now the shotguns..

Torn between Power Handgun and Automatic Handgun...

Screw it. Power Handgun. Give that starting weapon a chance to shine for more reasons than mowing down a bunch of zombie goons.

EDIT:
HOLY SHIT A FEMALE MUGSHOT HUD.