Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shaikoten

32in24-12 - It is here. Ready your buns... for burgers.

Mechadon said:

I'm 20K~ish over the limit.

Anyway, one last update to tongmap: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/84200934/32in2412tongs.wad

Moved the armors, added one last bit of in-base detail, and called it good. It'll never be pretty but at least I hope the design aesthetic is interesting... or at least tolerable. Yeah, I'm hoping for tolerable. I was tempted to move the SSGs to where the base armors were, but I like 'em behind the flag.

Indeed, Odamex doesn't support doubled SEGs limits. I'll quote the conversation I just had in #odamex:

<TheGreenHerring> [...] it would seem Odamex doesn't handle more than [32768] SEGS...
                  is this correct?
<@rice> correct
<@rice> I talked to quasar about this not so long ago
<TheGreenHerring> rice: Ah
<TheGreenHerring> If I'm to put Mechadon's updated level in the final release [of 32in24-12],
                  this is going to be a serious problem
<@rice> he said a few things in the code needs changing,
        mainly expanding a struct to use ints rather than the byte type
<@rice> but there is alot more to it than that
<TheGreenHerring> Otherwise I'm going to have to stick in a warning about it
                  and the level won't be played at Nitro [tomorrow]
<@rice> that will be the best for now, unless someone comes along and tries to sort it
<@rice> I dont know how that code works myself
So there you have it. Whichever order the levels are ultimately arranged in, Mechadon's updated level will not be played at Nitro because it breaks the SEGS limit. Oh well.

Make a patchwad with undetailed map08?

Next time I detail a CTF map, I'll have to remember that everything gets doubled. That totally slipped my mind. Anyways, no big deal I guess, it is what it is. Hopefully Odamex will get support for doubled SEGS sometime in the future. I could do an updated bare layout version of the map (sans detail) tomorrow before Nitro if you wanna fool with that TGH. Just let me know and, if I'm not busy tomorrow, I'll hop on that.

Odamex is not man enough to contain A Roboticized Lizard Comprised Entirely of Wooden Moving Parts, Neurokinetic Circuitry, and the Heart of a Moldy Bald Eagle.

Mechadon said:

Hopefully Odamex will get support for doubled SEGS sometime in the future.

Agreed. It took ZDaemon until 1.09 (I think) to do that.

Ralphis said:

That's a real shame because the map looks super awesome

Yeah. Wet pants from the screenshots alone.

Hey TGH, I'm not sure I'll have enough free time today to un-detail that map. If someone else would like to give it a go then I'm cool with that :). I was going to try and remove just enough to get it under the SEGS limit OR try to update the old bare layout to match the tweaks I made to the detailed version.

By the way, I updated the map today. I fixed a couple more minor issues but I also tweaked the lower route lift and the teleporter. The lift now moves a bit slower but only has a delay of 1 second so there's less waiting time (but a smaller window of opportunity to catch the lift). As I was running around the map trying out different routes, I thought that the teleport route was a bit too fast. So I made the receiving end of the teleporter only accessible by turning it into a lift. You can lower it by hitting the switch on the upper ledge looking directly towards the teleporter. Well, it should all be fairly obvious once you try it.

Oh yea and there was a 0-tag error where almost all of the ceilings were having their light levels set to 128. Whoops again :P

http://mekworx.the-powerhouse.net/mekastuff/wads/32in24/32in24-12/mekshai-lookwoodtextures_detailed.wad

Thanks for the compliments guys :). Sorry it busts the limits. I was really looking forward to hearing some feedback on it.

Here is the final release of 32in24-12: IRON MAPPER.

http://www.speedyshare.com/A2TFW/32in24-12.zip
http://shanghai.the-powerhouse.net/32in24-12.zip

Go forth, and CAPTURE THE FLAG!

(I will upload it to idgames/ later today.)

US ZDaemon Sessions will be running this final build (in about 20mins).

Well, half of it. The other half will be run on this week's Wednesday Night Flags event.

Come join the release parties!

Map16 is still half assed. Pretty enjoyable otherwise.

TGH, can you please fix the conveyer belt bugs in Map26? For various reasons I won't be able to myself until ~1 week from now, and by then it'll definitely be too late.

Whoops! Looks like that won't quite be the final version, because some jerks reported bugs after it was released. The final version will be posted here shortly, and then uploaded to idgames/ later.

Processingcontrol said:

TGH, can you please fix the conveyer belt bugs in Map26? For various reasons I won't be able to myself until ~1 week from now, and by then it'll definitely be too late.

These will be fixed in the idgames/ release.

I thought the maps that were less highly spoken of got moved to the end. Before the jokemaps though.

The order was not changed other than one map being moved to the end because the people who were supposed to help with reordering the levels never told me anything or showed up. It probably still won't be reordered unless these people show up.

Poorly received maps were 13 and 16. 13 is kind of gimmicky and plasma spammy too. 15 is fun but is also a gimmick map (But those never hurt in the middle of the set, so long as it isn't a gameplay mechanic changer like Tooters). 16 is clearly unfinished and asymmetrical to boot. 17 also got skipped halfway through because it was rather large and aggravating to play 3v3 on (could be better with more, I don't know). Switch those with 34 35 and 36. 33 Is an obvious filler map, so it can probably stay with the other ones after the 32 mark, or the marvelous map 28 can go there too. That kept in mind, the order is pretty good otherwise, and drastic changes would fudge with the ZD playthrough on Wednesday

tl;dr. Switch 13, 16 and [15/17/28] with 34 35 and 36 (maybe 33), everything should be fine.

Try to keep odds and evens the same though, in the interest of ZD.

The Green Herring said:

jerks

Sorry that I couldn't mention the bug sooner, but I was away for a week without any computer access (I gave multiple warnings that this would happen), and I just found out about it. The bug was also already mentioned already in this thread, but it was ignored.

I wasn't referring to you, but to the people in the session today. Sorry.

Also, the bug wasn't "ignored" so much as "forgotten about." Please don't assume one is an egotist in these matters.

Holy Christ mechadon I'm never gonna frag anyone in that

Final version of the Xasermaps, with tweaked things in Aeronautics and fixed WTF CTF textures -- note that the zip does contain two new textures that have to be added to the wad (same texture name as lump name) in order for the WTF CTF fix to work.
http://ionline.vectec.net/doom/xa-32in14-12_finalmaps.zip

The Green Herring said:

It probably still won't be reordered unless these people show up.

I'll reiterate my suggestion from earlier: There were plenty of people around who played in Nitro, so why not grab some and figure things out from there?

My maps should always be map01. Even if I make more than one. All of hem

You were the reigning mapper of the year last time. Now it is Skillsaws turn.

Thanks a ton for doing that un-detail work TGH! Nothing of value was removed so I'm glad that worked out :). I was gone most of the day yesterday, otherwise I would have done it myself.

Anyways, glad to see this released.