Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vendetta

Door Issue.

I have been working on a .wad that has a door with an alcove on one side but not the other. However, every time I try to open the door it sticks, by barely moving up or down. The texture just kinda moves up a little bit.
(Using Zdoom and Doom Builder 2)

You kind of posted in the wrong place but I'm sure someone will move your thread over. Typically with problems like these you should really post your MAP it will save people trying to help you a lot of time than deliberating over speculation as to what the problem may be.

sgt dopey said:

Is the ceiling behind door lower than the ceiling in front of the door?

No, and this isn't new. I can't find the cause of it. It seems random.

Should ask an admin to revive the Psychic Friends Network sub-forum, anyone recall what unforeseen circumstance prompted its closure?

@Vendetta - it'll help a lot if we can see the map, or at least that portion of it.

You've almost certainly placed your door adjacent to another sector with the same ceiling height as the closed door (especially since you say the texture moves, but only a little bit, which is probably the result of the door "opening" exactly 4 units into the floor). In particular, if you've placed two doors right next to each other, neither one will be able to open. Also, be mindful of adjacent sectors when making doors from merged sectors.

darkreaver said:

It`s not random.

Post your map.

I can't, I redsigned it to not include the door. because I got a better idea. I'll post a new thread with the map if the problem comes up again.
I used the Shift+D doom builder 2 shortcut if that means anything.