Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zed

Eternal Doom Walthroughs

Hello there, I'm new to this forum (well, I signed up a few months ago but never made a post). Anyway, let's get on the topic. I'm writting the walkthroughs for Eternal Doom missing from the doomwiki.org page (I apologize if this isn't the correct place to post this, maybe an administrator could correct this).

I've already submited MAP01: Genesis (It was an existing page, but the walkthrough wasn't complete), MAP02: Tower of Hell (the same), MAP13: Drop 'Em!, MAP18: Stands, MAP21: Fire and Stone, MAP23: Time Gate II, MAP24: Rainbow Bridge, and MAP29: Dominion. However, I'm having a lot of trouble with some of the other ones. I wonder if someone could help me finishing them. I would be very, very grateful.

This is the situation:

About MAP29: Dominion, I can't find 3 of the secrets (I know one of them, but I don't remember how to trigger/activate it).

MAP22: The Seeker; the same. There's a secret I can't find (I've found 4 out of 5)

MAP08: Woodhead; MAP10: Crimson Tide; MAP22: The Seeker; and Map32: Halls of Disarray are on the way (almost complete).

MAP03: Inter-Base; MAP04: Nucleus; MAP14: Pistol Only; MAP17: The Crypt; MAP26: No Parking. I know how to finish these levels, I've done it before. It's just that I have no clue of how I did it. I can write a walthrough for those levels, but I honestly have no idea if it's the fast route (I mean, I don't know if they are "ideal" walthroughs).

MAP15: Celebration of Evil - I know how to finish this one, but that was a long time ago and I don't remember everything. The laptop I own right now (IBM Thinkpad 385 **) can't handle it (I'm running Zdoom 1.22, and there's no way to update it without screwing up my laptop; I've tried it). There's an strange bug near the middle of the level (it just stops working; period). Besides, I don't know the secret exit to MAP31.

MAP25: Beginners' End - This one has a similar bug, and I can't get past the first rooms, and even if I could, I've never been able to figure it out.

MAP16: Guardstation - This map doesn't seem difficult at all, but somehow I just get stuck after I reach the twin stairs at the beginning. I've tried EVERYTHING and I can't pass that point.

MAP19: Warheroes; MAP27: Paldorian; MAP28: Timeslip; and MAP31: Monster Mansion; I have no clue of what to do in here. I just can't finish them. I've seriously tried almost everything and I still can't finish them.

Anyway, I hope this will be of your interest, so everybody can take a look at this amazing megawad.

Thanks a lot.

The best place to go would be the eternal demos page here
http://doomedsda.us/wad527.html
every map has at least 1 uv max so you should be able to pen down all the secrets in each of the maps.
Good luck with the wiki page, I bet some of the maps will require a walk through of essay length :P

Oh yeah, when you use ZDoom (especially THAT old), you may not be able to finish everything.

As for cannonball's very good suggestion, all demos can be played back with PrBoom+ (download it using the Info page). It has these neat features of chase cam, speed increase/decrease in case you want to take a look at something specifically.

UV Max demos are really the best to spot the secrets.

NoMo (-nomonsters) can be helpful to your main articles. Keep in mind that some levels can be finished faster than the "intended" way (see e.g. a speed demo on MAP20, I have to watch it a few times to realize what is happening there).

I always thought ED doesn't have normal exit on 15 in my route, it's always to 31 (that large pillar with cyberdemons on all sides), and to 32 as regular levels (as expansion of level numbers for ED2 part in megawad.

EDIT: Yeah, it's end is exactly to Monster Mansion map31.

On the other hand nice variation in Time Gate 2, Beginner's End, No Parking after all of these medieval levels but Excalibur and Timeslip were a switch-hunts.

To ensure nothing is messed up play it in Chocolate-Doom for playthrough as intended with -merge option. Also there's official demopack on idgames as some sort of walkthru.

OK, something weird is happening. I downloaded prBoom 2.5 and it works fine (great graphics, btw). I downloaded one of the demos in the page you mentioned (map25, beginner's end), but when I load it (via ms-dos or drag-and-drop) it plays map25 bloodfalls from the original doom, but the "player" acts like if it was map25 from eternal. I mean, at some point a sergeant teleports in the room, and the doomguy just ignores it and starts acting really strange. For example, instead of just turning around and kill him, it starts shooting at the wall, tries to run THROUGH the wall, and at some point he turns around and runs to the sergeant, just to be killed. Obviously I'm doing something wrong, but I don't know what. Any help would be appreciated.

You need to load the pwad. :) So if you try to watch the demo by drag-and-dropping you should select both the wad and the demo. And if you try to watch via "ms-dos" you should type something like:
prboom -file eternall.wad -playdemo et25-bla

That's it, thanks a lot for all your tips!! I'll start with the text then.

i still don't know to this day how to beat that bloody map 31 of Eternall Doom. i've seen the camera in the 'TV' in the living room there, but i don't understand how it is triggered.

Anyone can help me with Map26: No Parking? I was able to solve most of the puzzles but after I entered the area opened with the yellow key, got to the window where I could see the blue key, I was stuck. And I still can't find a way out of there. I used Doom Builder to look at the wad map but couldn't find anything that would trigger anything in that room. I enjoyed the challenges up to that point but this puzzles seems a bit hard. Anyone can offer a hint?

rabiddoomer said:

Anyone can help me with Map26: No Parking? I was able to solve most of the puzzles but after I entered the area opened with the yellow key, got to the window where I could see the blue key, I was stuck. And I still can't find a way out of there. I used Doom Builder to look at the wad map but couldn't find anything that would trigger anything in that room. I enjoyed the challenges up to that point but this puzzles seems a bit hard. Anyone can offer a hint?

Thank god, I finally found the way. There was a hard to see face switch near the fireplace.