Ouchface
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > First Mod Announcement - Abstract (Includes screenshots and art from mod)

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 09:53. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Sniper Monkey
Warming Up

Abstract is a Doom Mod where you explore the twisted mind of Sid Strovelli, a serial killer with a great fear and hatred for Christianity, his childhood, and even his own family. The whole game will be in a disturbing abstract art style. Sadly, I do not have a demo ready, but I do have a few screenshots and goodies to share with you of the game so far:
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2...odx-d5fpbfu.png
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2...odx-d5fbrfx.png
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2...odx-d5fbqu9.png
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2...odx-d5fbrkz.png
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg85...png&res=landing
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg20...png&res=landing
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg84...png&res=landing

I don't know when this game will be completed, but I'm hoping to get it done by this Halloween :)

Last edited by Sniper Monkey on 09-29-12 at 02:44

Old Post 09-29-12 02:38 #
Sniper Monkey is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Death Egg
Forum Regular

Heh, I once started doing a map that looked a little like the first actual screenshot you posted. (Though only thick black lines, not the sort of chalky-ness you've got going on)

Old Post 09-29-12 03:03 #
Death Egg is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Processingcontrol

Looks great. I love the sketchiness of those textures, and the whole abstract art style is really cool looking.

What port is this going to be for?

Old Post 09-29-12 03:21 #
Processingcontrol is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Sniper Monkey
Warming Up

It'll be for PC, my good man. Maybe I'll learn how to make a port of it for Mac once I've completed making it

Old Post 09-29-12 03:40 #
Sniper Monkey is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
sgt dopey

Theres no need to once you make it, it will work with any OS the source port is on

Old Post 09-29-12 03:45 #
sgt dopey is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Sniper Monkey
Warming Up

Oh. Well, I guess that shortened my to-do list lol

Old Post 09-29-12 03:56 #
Processingcontrol

Sniper Monkey said:
It'll be for PC, my good man. Maybe I'll learn how to make a port of it for Mac once I've completed making it

I meant what Doom source port it's made to run on.

Old Post 09-29-12 04:40 #
Processingcontrol is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Sniper Monkey
Warming Up

OH! lol. Sorry for the mistake, it'll take Zdoom to run it.

Old Post 09-29-12 04:45 #
Sodaholic
I feel justified yet disgusted with myself at the same time

I like this. It shows the true instability of the human mind, and is a true piece of art, as a medium of human expression. Even if it was created by a human mind, it recognizes many flaws in human thinking, recognizing that someone may even become insane from the mere mythological and simplistic representations of the world (Christianity in this case, as well as the character's own fear of those who raised him and his own life as a child).

Old Post 09-29-12 05:38 #
Sodaholic is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Nomad
Not dumb enough to get a custom title

Very cool, reminds me of the artsy bits from Afraid of Monsters, which is a good thing. I've always wanted to make a similar mod for Doom.

Old Post 09-29-12 06:07 #
Nomad is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Xaser
Forum Staple

I'm really digging the style. It's trippy, almost like Foreverhood's bastard cousin. O:

Old Post 09-29-12 08:12 #
Xaser is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Springy

Really loving the look of this. The abstract style is simply superb. I will be keeping an eye on this, eagerly awaiting the demo.

Old Post 09-29-12 17:22 #
Springy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Scypek2

That looks amazing! I'd love to play that.

Old Post 09-29-12 21:04 #
Scypek2 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
ComicMischief

This looks very unique, and interesting. Chalk me up as an interested party.

'Chalk' me up, hahahahah. Because there's these rough, chalky lines and... ah, never mind.

Old Post 09-29-12 21:57 #
ComicMischief is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
walter confalonieri

Looks really interesting.... looking forward for it!

Old Post 09-30-12 00:51 #
walter confalonieri is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
RoyBatty

Looks pretty awesome, I love the art style. I'm looking forward to playing it, do you have an eta on the project?

Old Post 09-30-12 12:54 #
RoyBatty is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Sniper Monkey
Warming Up

I'm going to tell you the bad news first to get that out of the way: The bad news is that the mod Isn't even close to finished. I know I said that I'd try to get it done by Halloween, but I was too busy with school and work, causing me to not get much work done on it.

Now for the good news: I'm looking for some play testers and maybe someone who could help me a little with the scripting. I already will be filling the position of music, sound, map design, art, some of the scripting and ambiances. All that's missing like I said before are some play testers and probably at least just one person to help with the scripting.

If you want to be a play tester or help me with scripting, just contact me on Skype and let me know that you would like to help. My skype account name is "duke-jesus", just add me on skype and let me know that you want to help. Hope to see you soon

Old Post 10-31-12 15:49 #
Springy

I'm looking for wads too play test atm actually. I play tested Titan 1024 and am a tester for AOW 2 if that helps influence your decision.

Old Post 10-31-12 15:59 #
Springy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Cacowad

this is good. take your time to release it.

Old Post 11-01-12 15:27 #
Cacowad is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
jlehrjr

I had an idea for 8-bit atari style with large rooms at first and doom 2600 looking enemies, and only in later levels were there actual hallways, doors, etc. just a killfest of little atari fuckers

Old Post 11-02-12 20:59 #
jlehrjr is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Katamori
Forum Staple

AMAZING MAN! AMAZING! Especially the first shot!

Don't stop, and good luck to make it real =)

Old Post 11-02-12 23:07 #
Katamori is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote