Cyberdemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Katamori: Doom 2 - "PROJECT ROMULUS" (a.k.a. the full map making documentary!)

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 07:20. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Katamori
Forum Staple

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/557776_523429111018145_735660566_n.jpg

Probably I shouldn't announce it here, but some people will find it interesting. =)

Doom 2: Project Romulus is a Boom-compatible map that I make according to the ideas of my audience; it means that I record all the steps of map making and upload it to Youtube. Although acitity isn't as big as it would be necessary, I've already got some great ideas, so I could create the layout quickly. The beginning is a gothic castle, which is a semi-exact recreation of Romulus, a map I made in Minecraft during a previous video series.

The videos contain commentary, but not in English; I'm planning to make English subtitles to each one.

If anybody's interested in my extraspecial project, here's the Youtube playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...eature=view_all

Every video descriptions have download link to each version of the map. WARNING: the map uses cc4-tex.wad, you can't use that without it!

Claustrophobia: Cybertown project thread

Last edited by Katamori on 11-26-12 at 13:56

Old Post 10-05-12 18:56 #
Katamori is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Cell

DO NOT EVER LET YOUR ENTHUSIASM DROP, COLLEAGUE! NEVER!
(Otherwise I'll win a bet.)

Old Post 10-05-12 18:59 #
Cell is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Pottus
Forum Regular

I was watching your editing techniques and have to say this why are you using the mouse to change between modes? It's a waste of time in my opinion you should really try and use hotkeys only =)

Old Post 10-06-12 00:48 #
Pottus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Katamori
Forum Staple

Pottus said:
I was watching your editing techniques and have to say this why are you using the mouse to change between modes? It's a waste of time in my opinion you should really try and use hotkeys only =)

I don't know actually, I've always done it this way :D also, I've never watched the list of hotkeys.

Old Post 10-06-12 01:33 #
Katamori is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Pottus
Forum Regular

You should get into the habit, I'll give you my quick list probably most are default.

T - Thing Mode
L - Line Mode
V - Vertex Mode
S - Sector Mode
M - Make Sector Mode
E - Standard 3D Editor
Y - GZDoom editing mode
J - Join Sectors
E - Edit Mode when sectors/lines are selected
Shift+J - Merge Sectors

I think if you start using all these you can improve the time it takes to edit.

Old Post 10-06-12 02:10 #
Pottus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Katamori
Forum Staple

E - Standard 3D Editor
J - Join Sectors

These are the only ones I've know previously :D thanks, I'm gonna try to use them =)

Old Post 10-06-12 15:08 #
Pottus
Forum Regular

Ya man, for you it's really one of the last areas to improve your DB skills!

Old Post 10-06-12 23:01 #
Katamori
Forum Staple

Part 3! Forget HD quality in the future - sorry but I don't have enough HDD space for it :c

Pottus said:
Ya man, for you it's really one of the last areas to improve your DB skills!

Haha thanks =)

Old Post 10-07-12 00:59 #
darkreaver

1 hour video in...hungarian? You need to do some transcription dude.

Old Post 10-07-12 04:39 #
darkreaver is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Katamori
Forum Staple

I said in the first post of this thread:
The videos contain commentary, but not in English; I'm planning to make English subtitles to each one.

Sadly, I don't have much time yet for it. :c

Old Post 10-07-12 16:39 #
_bruce_

Nice - I like it!

Old Post 10-08-12 11:58 #
_bruce_ is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Katamori
Forum Staple

Thank you _bruce_!

Also, fifth part:

Old Post 10-17-12 23:28 #
Katamori
Forum Staple

Okay, I think, posting videos that only 3 people can understand here doesn't make any sense, so in the future, I'll post screenshots only.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/63786_127818854041757_1521682703_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/487061_127818837375092_932813981_n.jpg

Old Post 11-26-12 11:42 #
Vaporizer
Forum Regular

Cool shots. By the way, the picture you've got for the documentary logo is a really bad choice. That small, brown room doesn't look too interesting and tempting. Use an open, more interesting area for it.

Old Post 11-26-12 13:23 #
Vaporizer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
schwerpunk

Damn, this is exactly the kind of thing I've been looking for, but I can't understand it! Still glad it exists, though.

Old Post 11-26-12 13:54 #
schwerpunk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Katamori
Forum Staple

Vaporizer: That was the old thumbnail picture. I always make something new after 5 videos, but I forgot to change it here.

schwerpunk: Thanks! It will get English subtitle in the future =)

Old Post 11-26-12 13:54 #
Katamori
Forum Staple

Okay, I gave it up. It was too much for me.

Here's the last video:

And here's the last version if you want to take a look at it.

http://rghost.net/42415666

Claustrophobia: Cybertown project thread

Old Post 12-26-12 19:20 #
Cell

Cell said:
DO NOT EVER LET YOUR ENTHUSIASM DROP, COLLEAGUE! NEVER!
(Otherwise I'll win a bet.)

Heh, I told you so... Now, I was given a huge sum by the bet counterpart :D

Old Post 12-31-12 09:26 #
Cell is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote