Cacodemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Five Rooms of Doom: Two more maps needed! (30/32)
Pages (23): « First ... « 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 » ... Last »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 14:15. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Eonfge
Warming Up

Joseph Lord said:
Here some screenshots of my map, i have 2 rooms done by now. I've been busy, which explains my slow progress

I like them. It looks interesting and I see how it could fit very well.

CorSair said:
Fffuuuuucccckkk. I was afraid of that.
But I think it is easily fixed with removal of the roof/ceiling, lowering those walls, so it looks open altar. Or do more redesigning about it.

That sounds like a good idea. If you 'open' the building, it would be more like one room. It would also mean that some of the caverns and tunnels at the edges must bend in or be more exposed, so that the player can always keep eye-contact with most of the room.

Mind you, you have a 5 room limit and since the other 3 area's count as 3 rooms, you might want to check this with the Project Coordinator.

Old Post 12-20-12 08:39 #
Eonfge is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Keeper of Jericho

Alright, thanks to Springy and Shadow Dweller, all available map slots have been filled. However, this doesn't mean there's no more room for anyone else who wants to make a map to contribute; there's always a chance someone else drops out who's spot can be taken.

Old Post 12-20-12 13:38 #
Keeper of Jericho is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Springy

Progress was made yesterday just thought to say. I improved the indoor bit a little as well.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-image...m201212191.png/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-image...m201212190.png/

Old Post 12-20-12 13:54 #
Springy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Egregor

Five Rooms of Doom: Level 3: Carnage Canyon: v2

this updates includes:
-fully detailed
-secrets
-clever trap added
-map cleanup
-better balance

http://www.mediafire.com/?f9dk51994whxcls

next update should include:
-fully balanced
-all skill settings
-coop and death match starts

Old Post 12-23-12 20:29 #
Egregor is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Shadow Dweller
Forum Regular

As promised, progress pics. Still very early in development as I'm still playing around with some ideas. There's a lot that I may end up rebuilding, such as the lighting effects in the first shot.

http://i47.tinypic.com/8yt06d.png

http://i48.tinypic.com/5153yo.png

There's not really much else. There's a whole outside part that I'm thinking of nixing, and a more interior room that's basically just an unappealing rectangle.

I'm probably going to be somewhat idle for the next couple days until Christmas passes over. After which I should be able to make more drastic steps towards completion. When is the deadline by the way? I don't recall seeing it in the OP.

Old Post 12-24-12 02:54 #
Shadow Dweller is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Keeper of Jericho

Nice looking screenshots, Shadow. The first pic gives me a bit of a castle-ish vibe. I like it. =)

Old Post 12-24-12 11:58 #
Keeper of Jericho is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Agentbromsnor

Finally found some time to work on this again! My third room is taking shape.

Old Post 12-24-12 18:01 #
Agentbromsnor is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Shadow Dweller
Forum Regular

Second weekly progress pic:

http://i45.tinypic.com/1jpabs.png

To be honest, I'm not sure if I like it. Maybe it's the haphazard badlyness of the metal pillars at the far left and right sides. Maybe it's the fact that I chose the most complicated style of lighting I possibly could for the most complicated map layout that I could possibly think of.

Either way, I'm probably going to redo it since I now have a different idea of how I can do this part of the level. It'll still look good, and I'll be able to circumvent a lot of potential angled-lighting bugs.

Also, thank you, Keeper of Jericho! I was actually going for that kind of old bricks and mortar type of building, like a castle or aged stronghold.

Last edited by Shadow Dweller on 12-30-12 at 06:31

Old Post 12-30-12 06:26 #
Shadow Dweller is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Astral-Doomer

Hello, I'm new to these forums. =D I'll contribute to this project, I have a map in the making called demon forest. The first area is almost done. >.> I'll post pics and a demo of the map later once I get more completed.

Old Post 12-31-12 02:40 #
Astral-Doomer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Cell
Forum Staple

Here, I haven't lost yet. I just want to declare that I've gotten further with MAP17, but, due to my laptop's crappy user settings, I had problems with saving the map (fortunately I succeeded eventually), and the system, despite ZDoom's statements, denied to save ANY screenshots from the new areas. But I'm still there with the map!!

Old Post 01-02-13 11:17 #
Cell is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Cacowad

after a long thinking\searching\restucturing i think i have finally solved the framerate drop problem regarding my map "echoes of a forgotten sin".

here comes the link (again): http://www.mediafire.com/?4in79lr77lsk5xx

Keeperofgerico: i need to know if that version violate any rules regarding visuals before use it as (maybe) final version.

Happy mapping anyone!

Old Post 01-02-13 14:15 #
Cacowad is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Cell
Forum Staple

Oh, and (posting it before forgetting) I've decided to use the soundtrack which I've found being used on Nightmares of Loki E2M7 (and E4M5). My best assumption whispers it's a Heretic or Hexen track, not sure, but sure that I'll use this.

Old Post 01-02-13 16:56 #
Cell is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
richter3456
Warming Up

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum. I've been mapping for quite some time now and I'd like to contribute to this project. There seems to be one empty map slot and I'll take it if no one minds.

Last edited by richter3456 on 01-02-13 at 22:02

Old Post 01-02-13 21:51 #
richter3456 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Cacowad

(empty) is actually an forum mate... anyway, to keeper the last word.

Old Post 01-02-13 23:23 #
Cacowad is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
richter3456
Warming Up

Yeah, but on the map list for MAP 05 it says [untitled](empty) so I was guessing that was an empty spot. Anyway, if any map slots open up than let me know and I'll take up the slot.

Old Post 01-02-13 23:48 #
richter3456 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Springy

richter3456 said:
Yeah, but on the map list for MAP 05 it says [untitled](empty) so I was guessing that was an empty spot. Anyway, if any map slots open up than let me know and I'll take up the slot.

To be fair I did think that as well before signing up. I do recall KoJ saying that all are taken now but that does NOT mean that you cannot make a map. EDIT: I don't know if this is allowed but maybe you could collaborate with someone?

Last edited by Springy on 01-03-13 at 00:02

Old Post 01-02-13 23:50 #
Springy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Keeper of Jericho

Well, MagnificentBeard PM'd me saying he dropped out of the project due to lack of ideas, so there's an open map slot again.

Old Post 01-03-13 11:23 #
Sokoro

I was ill and celebrating for last two weeks, so no progress since last screenshot.

Old Post 01-03-13 14:31 #
Sokoro is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Shadow Hog

I haven't done anything new since I posted my WIP a page back or so.

Although I'm considering scrapping the final room and trying again; some of the ideas are good, but that ice spiral is really amateurish.

Old Post 01-03-13 16:03 #
Shadow Hog is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
richter3456
Warming Up

Keeper of Jericho said:
Well, MagnificentBeard PM'd me saying he dropped out of the project due to lack of ideas, so there's an open map slot again.

I'm guessing the open map slot is MAP 23? I'll take it then.

Old Post 01-03-13 23:47 #
Keeper of Jericho

richter3456 said:

I'm guessing the open map slot is MAP 23? I'll take it then.

Okay, welcome aboard! =)

Old Post 01-04-13 11:49 #
dachauncinator
Mini-Member

Any more open spots?

Old Post 01-06-13 11:15 #
dachauncinator is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Cell
Forum Staple

OK, I could register a screenshot from a yet quite undetailed area of MAP17, here we go:

http://www.mediafire.com/conv/adbf4ed04404bad3e5797147d01b385dbdc637c11df329299d4a60f82c1e5b896g.jpg

Old Post 01-06-13 11:47 #
Keeper of Jericho

dachauncinator said:
Any more open spots?

No, but you're free to make a map either way, in case someone drops out or for extra maps in case they don't. ;)

Cell said:
OK, I could register a screenshot from a yet quite undetailed area of MAP17, here we go:

http://www.mediafire.com/conv/adbf4...82c1e5b896g.jpg

Looks good, Cell! :)

I also continued working on "Nabataea" yesterday, more specifically the exit-gate. Shaping up really nice so far. After that I'll have to make the key-gathering rooms and wrap things up.

Old Post 01-06-13 11:58 #
Katamori
Forum Staple

Come on Cell, this is not so underdetailed. =)

Also, dachauncinator, if you want, I can give my MAP29 slot to you, because I don't have time to do that. I didn't even imagined, what I want to that slot.

Old Post 01-06-13 14:30 #
Katamori is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
richter3456
Warming Up

http://i968.photobucket.com/albums/ae163/boundearth/untitled_zps2391c44c.png

As you can probably tell, I went for a lot of detail in my map. Inspiration is sorta derived from MAP 16 of Plutonia Experiment. I didn't want to make 5 giant rooms so my aim was to make this a medium sized map but at the same time consist of a lot of action.

Following the rules, I'm counting four rooms so far for this one: the outside area (which also includes that marble pathway that kinda coils around the building), the hallway, the room that's left of the hallway, and the room right of the hallway.

I will post some in game pics later when I get more done.

Old Post 01-07-13 01:18 #
dachauncinator
Mini-Member

Got about 3 rooms generally done. this is before I OCD all over it. For my about 5th map I'd say it's okay (so far).
http://s9.postimage.org/lp4lcnpx7/Builder_2013_01_06_18_32_34_82.jpg

http://s9.postimage.org/n5g3ussu3/Builder_2013_01_06_18_36_47_33.jpg

http://s9.postimage.org/nw8u0kv7f/Builder_2013_01_06_18_37_22_04.jpg

Old Post 01-07-13 02:43 #
dachauncinator is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
dachauncinator
Mini-Member

Katamori said:

Also, dachauncinator, if you want, I can give my MAP29 slot to you, because I don't have time to do that. I didn't even imagined, what I want to that slot.

Thanks man, appreciate it.

Old Post 01-07-13 02:45 #
Eonfge
Warming Up

With the Christmas period, development fell a little back but I'm glad to announce that I am almost done with my map, with mostly just lighting and such to be done.

Old Post 01-07-13 15:14 #
Eonfge is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Cell
Forum Staple

Katamori said:
Come on Cell, this is not so underdetailed. =)

Yes it is still. I'm progressing like I was programming with my teeth typing on the keyboard, having no better chance.

Old Post 01-07-13 21:00 #