Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Keeper of Jericho

Five Rooms of Doom: (32/32) - now on idgames

I don't think that's a huge issue, exactly. I mean, my map's large and somewhat detailed and stuff, but I'm more than certain there's probably an issue with Thing placement that'll come up in further playtesting.

BlueFeena said:

Well this is embarrassingly long over due. This should be an otherwise final version of my submission; if anyone finds any egregious errors, I'll fix it, but at this point the map's pretty much done.

Tested in BOOM.EXE, runs, no crashes, completable; stuck it in MAP21 (Episode 3) for testing.

And then I thought I was the one doing over-due. Actually, I had terrible time with those puzzles over there, just like previous time, but nevertheless, the map is still fantastic.

Sorry for the bump, just asking at what rate compilation is at the meantime, since about 2-3 months this hasn't been updated so far.

I was going to bump this today.

Then I bumped some other thread.

Get me informed someday if this ever finishes.

Cell said:

Sorry for the bump, just asking at what rate compilation is at the meantime, since about 2-3 months this hasn't been updated so far.

It is where it is. I haven't received any completed maps in the past few months, so the completion rate still sits at 30/32.

I've still got an awesome first room done for this... The other 4 just keep not getting made, though... I'll get round to it.

hello (always start with "hello")

I'd like to pitch in with a map. According to your list the free slots are in hell, is that right?

I might find it in me to finish up my Boom conversion for np.wad, if I may include this texture, which would justify my gray-walled map to reside in hell:

[EDIT: I think flickr just zap'ed my Doom texture...]

I think of the gray little map as a demon lounge of sorts - a break from all that red out there, plenty represented in the window to the red sky.

So... is it OK to add a texture to a map submission, or is it just the new sky that's being added?

Soundblock said:

So... is it OK to add a texture to a map submission, or is it just the new sky that's being added?

You can add the new texture, but then I would like it if you added it as a seperate image file when you send in the map, to make it easier for me to add the texture when I compile all the maps.

hi, sorry for being inactive for so long, but i when i finish mayhem i'll see to take over with my map, bye

Needles And Pins

Since I haven't seen anything more specific on what map numbers are available in the hell portion, I've still got the level slotted as Map29.

Since my PC runs Boom like its dipped in syrup, the map's largely been tested in ZDoom. Confirmed to be completable in Boom, but runs really slow, so I can really only vouch for the playability in ZDoom. Likely my first and last Boom map on this rig (and I honestly don't know If I'll get another after this one - eventually - bites the dust).

Anyhow. If you guys include the map for Five Rooms, let me know if it needs map renumbering, fixes, or anything else. Its a quick 10-minute blast of a map, with one huge room and four smaller ones.

EDIT: Keeper Of Jericho - I've ditched the extra texture idea, map works just fine without it.

Thanks Soundblock!

And with that, we've reached 32 maps. I will not be accepting new maps for the project anymore, but people who started working on one will be allowed to finish it and send it in, to be included as extra maps.

So wrap up your mapping, everyone, the time to compile is near!

Cccccccool! I might tidy up a few areas of my submission; it's great to finally see this project wrapping up.

My map just needs one lift fixed. Should be up by Sunday

About five months later than I posted my seriously overdue map, it was just about time, 'dis just gotten so long.

I sent my 3 maps a year and half ago, we finaly have 32 maps.
I'll test my original files once again to see that there are no issues or bugs that I didn't find a year ago.

I guess all the maps are wrapped up, I mean... this thread isn't having updates for an entire month, is that a good idea to just put all the maps into a single megawad right about freaking now?

I've had my hands full with other stuff the past month, but now I have some free time again. The first beta will be up this week or next week at the latest. For the moment I'm figuring out what order to put the maps in per episode.

Great to hear! It'll be interesting to see how the level order is decided; there's some really killer (and hard) maps in this wad. Thanks for continuously coming back to this project, even if it has been a while. It's nice to see this project take shape.

ForeverViLe said:

I sent my 3 maps a year and half ago, we finaly have 32 maps.
I'll test my original files once again to see that there are no issues or bugs that I didn't find a year ago.

Hehe, reading back through the thread, this thing's been in the pipeline for a while now. I was half tempted to nominate this for a Mordeth award. ;D

BlueFeena said:

Hehe, reading back through the thread, this thing's been in the pipeline for a while now. I was half tempted to nominate this for a Mordeth award. ;D

In my defence, I've always said from the beginning I was in no rush or hurry with this project. =p

Keeper of Jericho said:

For the moment I'm figuring out what order to put the maps in per episode.

Blackfire should be of an odd number no matter what.

My map already has slot so... :P But if it needs to be changed, go ahead. As long as it is E3 slot.

Anyway, not to rain on the parade or anything, but I didn't exactly like how the map turned out, so I scrapped the idea. It's still there, but I have made another one, back in February. It's in point of polishing and doing the monster/item placement, majority of the layout done, with key enemy placement there. I'll see if I can do it before this week runs out. If I don't manage it, proceed as planned.