Icon of Sin / Baphomet
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > New Skys?

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 22:37. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Monfriez
Green Marine

Source ports have gives us so much freedom but I haven't seen improvement with new skies.

Has anyone tried to improve the original Doom skies? larger, more ealistic
Perhaps taken advantage of Zdoom's Sky box or made a superior dm2 sky model?

I've been thinking about it and trying to find software like this
www.planetside.co.uk/terragen/
however I don't have a 3d-card so it's kind of hard

Old Post 03-26-02 16:59 #
Monfriez is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Shockwav3
GAAAAAAAY SECKS!

terragen roxx

Old Post 03-26-02 18:02 #
Shockwav3 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
ReX

Originally posted by Monfriez
Has anyone tried to improve the original Doom skies? larger, more ealistic
Stian Skjondal created more than 25 "tall" skies, each 256*240, that worked really well in ZDooM. He released them in 3 wad packs, but his web-site is defunct. The good news is that his first 2 packs are available from 3darchives ftp site. They are called skypack1 and skypack2.

Tarin had created a utility to convert regular skies into "tall" skies.

Nash has created taller versions of the DooM, Ultimate DooM, Final DooM, and DooM2 skies. You can get them at his site. (2 files -- DooMsky.zip and DooM2sky.zip.)

Old Post 03-27-02 20:00 #
ReX is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Bobo

my Equinox wad has a kewl blue cloud sky and a big Jupiter thing, though they look horrible in Legacy

Old Post 03-28-02 06:32 #
Bobo is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kid Airbag
Not really a kid. Not really an airbag. WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!? Who's asking? Are you French? An airbag is a safety device in a car that inflates during a collision and blocks you from smashing your head into the dashboard or steering wheel!

On the subject of skies...anyone know any good skies that look like the Rocky Mountains in the western U.S.? Or just a snow-capped mountain range?

Old Post 03-28-02 09:28 #
Kid Airbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
ReX

Originally posted by Archvile64
On the subject of skies...anyone know any good skies that look like the Rocky Mountains in the western U.S.? Or just a snow-capped mountain range?
Again, I suggest Stian Skjondal's skypack wads. They have great skyscapes, some of which are mountain ranges. Check out the screenshots at Piper at the Gates of DooM. Practically all of the skies there are from the skypack wads.

Old Post 03-28-02 15:01 #
ReX is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kid Airbag
Not really a kid. Not really an airbag. WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!? Who's asking? Are you French? An airbag is a safety device in a car that inflates during a collision and blocks you from smashing your head into the dashboard or steering wheel!

Originally posted by ReX
Again, I suggest Stian Skjondal's skypack wads. They have great skyscapes, some of which are mountain ranges. Check out the screenshots at Piper at the Gates of DooM. Practically all of the skies there are from the skypack wads.
Yeah, I did take a look at those, some of them are pretty nice. Thanks.

Old Post 03-28-02 20:11 #
Kid Airbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote