Baron of Hell
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Khorus - 9-maps wad (prboom-plus)
Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 00:11. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Shadowman

Hello!
I would like to offer your attention to the 9-maps wad for PrBoom-Plus sourceport (and for those supporting its features). This time Doomguy must pass through woods and mountains, caves and vaults, temples and tombs, while destroying evil presence on his way.

The basis of wad's musical theme are Russian folk songs and songs from Soviet movies. Even though some people offered me to replace wad's music on something more "doomalike", but in my opinion, it completely ruins wad's atmosphere. Nevertheless, if someone doesn't like this given type of music - you can replace it with your own.

Demos, let's plays and video guides are welcomed.
Have a great game!

screenshots:
http://s8.postimage.org/99x1tbg11/khorus01.png
http://s8.postimage.org/5rl1wxf51/khorus03.png
http://s7.postimage.org/ddqw9h94r/khorus04.png
http://s12.postimage.org/x1382vdvx/khorus06.png
http://s7.postimage.org/txt69gnsr/khorus07.png
http://s12.postimage.org/58mrf3le5/khorus09.png
http://s12.postimage.org/zfv3nau4t/khorus10.png
http://s14.postimage.org/fr1unah9d/khorus12.png

A constant link:
http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=16980

A temporal link:
http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/...A9h5/khorus.zip

Last edited by Shadowman on 11-09-12 at 11:05

Old Post 11-04-12 08:17 #
Shadowman is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Eregore
Mini-Member

(drops jaw) Those screen shots look sick!

Old Post 11-04-12 09:10 #
Eregore is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Alfonzo
Broadcaster

He'll be flattered, I'm sure!

Old Post 11-04-12 09:39 #
Alfonzo is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Katamori
Forum Staple

Very nice!

BTW, I've seen the same sky texture in Sacrament previously =)

Old Post 11-04-12 12:04 #
Katamori is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Pottus
Forum Regular

Sweet deal! I'm going to give this a try and let you know what I think.

Old Post 11-04-12 12:21 #
Pottus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
BloodyAcid

Looks very nice!

Old Post 11-04-12 16:36 #
BloodyAcid is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
ellmo
Custom Title

This looks absolutely impressive! Downloading.

Old Post 11-04-12 16:51 #
ellmo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Eregore
Mini-Member

*nominates for a Cacoward*

Old Post 11-04-12 19:44 #
Eregore is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Shadowman

Katamori said:
BTW, I've seen the same sky texture in Sacrament previously =)

Yeah, that's exactly sky texture from Sacrament. It's authors gave me permission to use it =) (see credit pic).

Last edited by Shadowman on 11-04-12 at 21:10

Old Post 11-04-12 21:02 #
Shadowman is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
mouldy

haha oh man - that music is so hilariously out of place. Great looking maps though, i've played the first 2 and all good so far.

Old Post 11-04-12 21:38 #
mouldy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
BloodyAcid

mouldy said:
haha oh man - that music is so hilariously out of place. Great looking maps though, i've played the first 2 and all good so far.
Some of the tunes I felt were awkward, but after listening to them for the 129038th time they sounded fine ;)

Old Post 11-04-12 22:00 #
BloodyAcid is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
mouldy

on the 3rd and 4th maps the music messes up in gzdoom, keeps freezing and playing one note for ages. I'm guessing it will work ok in prboom, unfortunately I can't get on with the mouse controls in that though...

Old Post 11-04-12 23:08 #
mouldy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

mouldy said:
on the 3rd and 4th maps the music messes up in gzdoom, keeps freezing and playing one note for ages. I'm guessing it will work ok in prboom, unfortunately I can't get on with the mouse controls in that though...

Which MIDI synth are you using?

Old Post 11-04-12 23:18 #
Gez is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Pottus
Forum Regular

mouldy said:

I guess tacky music is better than tacky images of naked women lol.

Old Post 11-04-12 23:19 #
Pottus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
mouldy

Gez said:

Which MIDI synth are you using?

FMOD. I tried it in an old version of zdoom and the music was fine, but then I downloaded the latest zdoom and tried in that and the music messes up again - still using FMOD synth.

I dont know anything about midi synths so I just leave it on the default, would you recommend changing the synth?

edit: it looks like changing the synth to the microsoft one fixes it, strange that the old version of zdoom was ok though...

Last edited by mouldy on 11-05-12 at 00:07

Old Post 11-04-12 23:51 #
Vorpal

Haven't played all of it yet, but enjoying what I've played so far, including the odd humor ;-P

It's obvious a lot of work went into this

Old Post 11-05-12 00:54 #
Vorpal is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
General Rainbow Bacon
may have been DoomHero85 at some point

I like the maps. The music is really funny, and then map 06 has the dungeon music from Diablo 1, which is oddly out of place for the rest of the wad cuz it's back to funny for map 07.

Old Post 11-05-12 01:22 #
General Rainbow Bacon is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Hellbent
Forum Bellend

I agree with your detractors, better atmospheric music (not even more doomy) would be much better.
Also, with such compelling verisimilitude, it seems almost a shame not to have custom monsters designed specifically for this Zelda-like world. I was half expecting to encounter one of these:
http://khailee.com/wp-content/blog-images/WhatssogreataboutMountKinabalu_10770/goldenaxe7.gif
You should put them in your map and make them run away from you but if you "kill" it it gives you health 5 potions.

Old Post 11-05-12 03:26 #
Hellbent is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Unholypimpin

These screenshots look yummy, and i like the forest screenshots. Downloading now!

Old Post 11-05-12 03:30 #
Unholypimpin is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
PRIMEVAL

Creamby screenshots ya got there. I'll have to download this and do a Let's Play of it once I feel better!

Old Post 11-05-12 15:01 #
PRIMEVAL is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Khorus
Strife!

heh, does Khorus mean something else I'm not aware of? (besides speakers and a (iirc) Portuguese pop group)

I'll check the wad out when I get a chance :)

Old Post 11-05-12 16:49 #
Khorus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Shadowman

PRIMEVAL said:
Creamby screenshots ya got there. I'll have to download this and do a Let's Play of it once I feel better!

Let's play? I'll wait for it.

Khorus said:
heh, does Khorus mean something else I'm not aware of? (besides speakers and a (iirc) Portuguese pop group)

No, Khorus has nothing to do with pop-group's name. Since that group didn't make that name by itself, right?

Old Post 11-05-12 20:24 #
Unholypimpin

I played a few of the maps and i must say this is a bright and cheery project. I really like the rpg/hexen/heretic atmosphere of this wad.

Although at first i thought some of the maps were glitched but then i found out some of the switches were hard to find.

Other than the difficulty of finding some switchs is, i cannot find anything wrong with this project atm.

Keep up the good work!!

Old Post 11-05-12 22:20 #
Unholypimpin is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
A.Gamma

What's the deal with the music? It's hilarious! (especially Map 07) That aside, the maps look great and play good. Good job on this one.

Last edited by A.Gamma on 11-06-12 at 07:00

Old Post 11-05-12 22:22 #
A.Gamma is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Phml
Forum Staple

Khorus said:

It's Chorus with a K, which is the kool way of spelling c's.

Old Post 11-05-12 22:53 #
Phml is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
grouchbag

WOWOWOWOW!!!!!!! Fantabulus!

Old Post 11-06-12 05:24 #
grouchbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Doomguy 2000
Banned

The screenshots definitely look impressive. I have to check this out sometime.

Old Post 11-06-12 05:37 #
Doomguy 2000 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
mouldy

i'm bloody loving this wad, really nice graphics. The music is cause for celebration I think, particularly maps 6 and 7.

Old Post 11-06-12 22:10 #
Shadowman

A constant link:
http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=16980

Old Post 11-09-12 11:05 #
mouldy

I had a problem with map 8, the traps and tricks one. I dealt with all the rooms behind the openable doors, but can't seem to find any switch that opens the 2 sealed doors either side of the red door. Am I missing something? The switch in the room opposite the red door doesnt seem to do anything.

Old Post 11-10-12 15:48 #