Archvile
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Neighborhood from Hell - Version 2 Released

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 12:56. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Sergeant_Mark_IV

This is a remake of Doom 2's MAP16 Suburbs. It follows the same style of my previous map, After the Holocaust.
Extremely non-linear gameplay full of optional areas to explore with a sandbox felling. You can enter inside any building of the map. Explore all the houses to find supplies, and find your way out of this hell on earth.

In these pictures you can see a comparison between the original areas and my interpretations of them:

http://i45.tinypic.com/20z5gyh.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/28wh62s.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/4zte7b.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/26260ec.jpg

Download link
http://www.mediafire.com/?2z96wsljhi5l1u6

Last edited by Sergeant_Mark_IV on 11-11-12 at 21:28

Old Post 11-06-12 15:45 #
Sergeant_Mark_IV is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Hellbent
Forum Bellend

I want a download link :(

Put a Mclaren F1 GTR in the map.

Old Post 11-06-12 15:50 #
Hellbent is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Sergeant_Mark_IV

The map still is unfinished.

Old Post 11-06-12 15:54 #
Sergeant_Mark_IV is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Memfis
Forum Spammer

Black bars (what's the purpose of them anyway?) on the 2nd screenshot don't match well with the red bricks I think.

Old Post 11-06-12 15:54 #
Memfis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Sergeant_Mark_IV

They are supposed to be support textures (but I didn't wanted to use SUPPORT2). Suggestions for a better one?

Old Post 11-06-12 16:06 #
Membrain

I really love the style of your map(s). Everyone I've shown your first one to have mentioned that they wished Doom 2 looked like that. Very glad to see you redoing map 16, since it's one of my favorites.

Old Post 11-06-12 18:07 #
Membrain is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Megalyth
I embrace change

You're such a tease.

Old Post 11-06-12 19:19 #
Megalyth is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Sergeant_Mark_IV

Almost done. I'm going to release it tomorrow.

http://i48.tinypic.com/2eyj6f5.jpg

http://i49.tinypic.com/2hwzqk7.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/23k2n4p.jpg

Old Post 11-10-12 02:35 #
grouchbag

Would you believe I would just like to play it?

Old Post 11-10-12 09:47 #
grouchbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Vermil

It all looks too clean considering Hell has just invaded.

I mean, SKY2 shows buildings on fire and such.

Last edited by Vermil on 11-10-12 at 10:57

Old Post 11-10-12 10:51 #
Vermil is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Sergeant_Mark_IV

Updated. Check first post for Download link.

Old Post 11-10-12 19:02 #
Hellbent
Forum Bellend

Hey, dude. Awesome wad, but it is buggy. Nevermind that for the moment, though. You should make this wad into The Walking Dead! You must do this, in fact. It would be sooooooooo awesome sauce. It already looks like its own game. If you just change the monsters into various zombies so that there are only zombies in the map it would be so bad ass. Like, beyond badass if you could do the zombies well. You could have basically 15 different kinds of zombies. They'd all have to have the melee attack. Some faster than others, some more agressive than others. It would be a lot of work, but you already put a lot of work into it making it into a very attractive full conversion and you probably could find some willing animators who would be willing to make some zombie replacement sprites for the project. Do it!

Last edited by Hellbent on 11-10-12 at 20:29

Old Post 11-10-12 20:20 #
Hellbent is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
mouldy

Hellbent said:
Hey, dude. Awesome wad, but it is buggy. Nevermind that for the moment, though. You should make this wad into The Walking Dead! You must do this, in fact. It would be sooooooooo awesome sauce. It already looks like its own game. If you just change the monsters into various zombies so that there are only zombies in the map it would be so bad ass. Like, beyond badass if you could do the zombies well. You could have basically 15 different kinds of zombies. They'd all have to have the melee attack. Some faster than others, some more agressive than others. It would be a lot of work, but you already put a lot of work into it making it into a very attractive full conversion and you probably could find some willing animators who would be willing to make some zombie replacement sprites for the project. Do it!

left 4 doom

Old Post 11-10-12 21:38 #
mouldy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
The Monitor
Mini-Member

This map is excellent; however, I have found something a little unsightly. I don't know if this is GL only or not, but this is what I found:

http://i46.tinypic.com/5ey3ns.png

This is found near the starting building, I figured I'd say something about it. Thank you for your time.

Old Post 11-11-12 00:45 #
The Monitor is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
hawkwind

Just an unwanted texture. The lower of line 4656 just needs deleting.

Old Post 11-11-12 06:21 #
hawkwind is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Hellbent
Forum Bellend

mouldy said:

left 4 doom

left 4 dead

Old Post 11-11-12 14:53 #
Vdaxzter
Mini-Member

Hey, is there a specific port that should be used with this WAD? The design is great, but I'm encountering a ton of texture glitches on both GZDoom and ZDoom. The mirrors keep flickering and showing the sky texture, for instance.

Old Post 11-11-12 21:11 #
Vdaxzter is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Sergeant_Mark_IV

It's updated. Added more ammo and health, marked some bigger monsters for UV only, and fixed some HOM's.

@Vdaxzter, I recommend Zandronum.

Old Post 11-11-12 21:29 #
PRIMEVAL

Did a let's play of it in GZDoom, worked fine other than something in the beginning which you'll see. Will upload the 2 parts tomorrow and Tuesday.

Old Post 11-11-12 23:59 #
PRIMEVAL is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
40oz
Forum Spammer

i like the floor plan of the buildings in the original map16 better. Im glad you noticed that room with all the teleporting imps in it was a garage though

Old Post 11-12-12 12:54 #
40oz is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Megalyth
I embrace change

This map was a lot of fun and had quite a few nice touches to it. I particularly liked the large garage full of bloody bones, it was a bit of a surprise.

I didn't get the red skull my first time through because a swarm of lost souls was chasing me through the house, and without the arsenal behind the red skull door, the ammo is very tight. I preferred this type of play in this case, as I got a pretty good rush out of being chased around the town by a cyberdemon while all my guns were empty.

Is there any way to get the BFG in the waterway?

Old Post 11-12-12 21:47 #
Megalyth is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Sergeant_Mark_IV

Megalyth said:
This map was a lot of fun and had quite a few nice touches to it. I particularly liked the large garage full of bloody bones, it was a bit of a surprise.

I didn't get the red skull my first time through because a swarm of lost souls was chasing me through the house, and without the arsenal behind the red skull door, the ammo is very tight. I preferred this type of play in this case, as I got a pretty good rush out of being chased around the town by a cyberdemon while all my guns were empty.

Is there any way to get the BFG in the waterway?

The only dead tree of the city is actually a switch. Find and use it, and it will open a secret area with a teleporter in a fireplace inside one of the houses.

Old Post 11-12-12 22:19 #
PRIMEVAL

Part one of two :P

Part two

Last edited by PRIMEVAL on 11-13-12 at 16:52

Old Post 11-12-12 22:38 #
PRIMEVAL is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote