Demon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Can't Touch This - 1 map, multi mapper project
Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 21:00. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Glaice
formerly Mr. Chris

It came up in my mind and considered a single map, multi mapper project to see if anyone wants to participate. The map is a techbase/urban style map and I have worked on creating the base for those interested in helping.

Rules:

-Must remain limit removing with no port specific stuff (ZDoom, Eternity, JDoom, etc) but Boom specific lines are OK.

-No extra textures, use vanilla Doom 2 texture set.

-No sounds or custom music (already chose for latter)

-Try not to overdo detail or thing placement.

-Some non-linearity is a plus.

-When a section of the map is done, please upload it in a zip to a site such as Mediafire and PM the link to me.

-Edited maps should have a _update## suffix (IE ctouch_update01.wad)

The goal is to produce a reasonably challenging map with co-op support with multiple authors so if you have any questions or show interest, just ask below. I will also provide the base file once I see a number of users interested in this.

**ADDED DEC 13th, 2012**
Also as an update, mappers have a time period of 7-10 days for editing before sending it off to the next person in the list.

Edit 3/2/2013: Added one playtester
Edit 3/3/2013: Removed Hellbent from list due to holding up the project for almost a month.

Edit 3/28/2013: Added dachauncinator as mapper/playtester.

Users interested:
Obsidian
BloodyAcid
Pottus
Rambosee
dachauncinator
NoneeLlama/LoveMechs

Interested playtesters:
Rizera
Megamur
dachauncinator

Last edited by Glaice on 03-28-13 at 06:32

Old Post 11-08-12 22:55 #
Glaice is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Obsidian
Forum Staple

Heh, I was thinking of doing something like this. Anyways, count me in.

Old Post 11-08-12 23:02 #
Obsidian is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Rizera

Sounds interesting. Actually, it surprises me that this has not been done before (or has it?).

Just wondering, how big do you expect this map to be? I'd like to playtest it.

Old Post 11-08-12 23:14 #
Rizera is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Obsidian
Forum Staple

Rizera said:
Sounds interesting. Actually, it surprises me that this has not been done before (or has it?).

It has. :)

Old Post 11-08-12 23:19 #
Obsidian is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
BloodyAcid

Here you go guys, I think this is what you're talking about.

Old Post 11-08-12 23:52 #
BloodyAcid is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Glaice
formerly Mr. Chris

Obsidian said:
Heh, I was thinking of doing something like this. Anyways, count me in.

All right, in!

Rizera said:

Just wondering, how big do you expect this map to be? I'd like to playtest it.

Medium to Medium-large. Not huge but perhaps slightly larger than your average sized map.

BloodyAcid said:
Here you go guys, I think this is what you're talking about.

It's like that but I don't want to have 100 people involved in the project. Maybe 10 folks max?

Old Post 11-09-12 01:20 #
Glaice is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
BloodyAcid

Well, 100 people was figurative language :P I'm in for this~

Old Post 11-09-12 01:36 #
BloodyAcid is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Pottus
Forum Regular

I'll add a few sectors to this for fun.

Old Post 11-09-12 01:55 #
Pottus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Rambosee
Rambodo

I guess I could contribute something since my interest for mapping has returned the past couple of days.

Old Post 11-09-12 02:47 #
Rambosee is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Glaice
formerly Mr. Chris

I'll toss up the download link up when a 5th user shows some interest for mapping contributions, then the file will be tossed up but what we're doing is going to give everyone a week-10 days to do some editing then the file will be given to the next person on line to do the same.

After a full round of edits, feel free to do (and sendint to playtesters) testing and post stuff here, even screenshots if you desire then the train continues until the map is completed.

How does this sound everyone? Does it sound fair?

--Edited to reflect larger amount of time.

Last edited by Glaice on 12-13-12 at 23:12

Old Post 11-09-12 04:13 #
Bucket
ROCK & LOAD
COCK BEEN BLOWED
IN YOUR MOUTH,
MANJUICE EXPLOAD

We need to have a "WADs not in progress" page where people can pick up projects where others have left off.

Old Post 11-09-12 05:28 #
Bucket is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Pottus
Forum Regular

Bucket said:
We need to have a "WADs not in progress" page where people can pick up projects where others have left off.

That is honestly one of the best ideas I have heard of in a while.

Old Post 11-09-12 22:55 #
Pottus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
purist

There was such a site in development but ironically it was never finished! I think it was called Limbo.

Old Post 11-10-12 08:49 #
purist is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Hellbent
Forum Bellend

i'd like to try if there is a slot left.

Old Post 11-10-12 11:57 #
Hellbent is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
NoneeLlama

Count me in.

Old Post 11-10-12 12:55 #
NoneeLlama is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Glaice
formerly Mr. Chris

Okay, we got enough people so the edit train will start with Obsidian. After he has done his edits, he will pass the modified map to the next person (BloodyAcid) and so forth he passes it to the next afterwards. At the end of the train I will throw in some stuff onto the map and finally pass it to him again, rinse repeat.

Obsidian -> BloodyAcid -> Pottus -> Rambosee -> Hellbent -> NoneeLlama/LoveMechs -> Me(Maybe?) -> Back to Obsidian -> Rinse/repeat train here

And of course betas will be posted after each round for group analysis and critique/testing.

Last edited by Glaice on 01-10-13 at 14:51

Old Post 11-10-12 18:44 #
Glaice
formerly Mr. Chris

Don't worry, stuff's in progress!

Old Post 11-13-12 02:13 #
Glaice
formerly Mr. Chris

Here is a single screen of early development in the first large room:

http://i.imgur.com/s93Up.jpg

Old Post 11-17-12 17:19 #
Obsidian
Forum Staple

He he, I made that bit! =D

Old Post 11-17-12 22:21 #
Glaice
formerly Mr. Chris

Another couple of development shots:

http://i.imgur.com/KcDvn.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/oQkqO.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/rxRuE.jpg

The reason the TNT sky is used in these shots is because I forgot to remove TNT.WAD from the game config in Doom Builder (was doing Brutalized Final Doom).

Despite the additions, it's far from finished.

Last edited by Glaice on 11-26-12 at 17:58

Old Post 11-26-12 17:52 #
Obsidian
Forum Staple

I'm pretty sure I saw this in Incoming on Idgames, or was it just me?

Old Post 12-04-12 05:25 #
Glaice
formerly Mr. Chris

I was uploading "The Damned" and I accidentally uploaded the file instead of the text file.

Also sent the update to Rambosee but have not heard back in almost a week.

Last edited by Glaice on 12-05-12 at 03:07

Old Post 12-04-12 22:13 #
Pottus
Forum Regular

Can we get a status update on this Mr.Chris? I think it's important everyone in the loop is kept informed =)

Old Post 12-05-12 19:27 #
Rambosee
Rambodo

Well shit.
I was installing a new computer during the week I got the map and my old one was formatted, and I could see that you sent me the map Chris from my phone, but I couldn't respond or download it. It's done now, so choose if you want to give me a second chance or continue on the loop.

Old Post 12-06-12 04:33 #
Rambosee is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Glaice
formerly Mr. Chris

The link should be in your inbox and by all means continue.

Last edited by Glaice on 12-06-12 at 05:40

Old Post 12-06-12 05:11 #
Glaice
formerly Mr. Chris

This project is not dead.

Old Post 12-11-12 22:31 #
Megamur

I'll gladly playtest whenever there's enough to test. I'd love to add to the map as well, but I work way too slow to get anything done in 3-4 days.

Old Post 12-12-12 03:39 #
Megamur is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Glaice
formerly Mr. Chris

I should jack the amount of time to a week, which sounds better and not deadlineish.

Old Post 12-13-12 23:09 #
Pottus
Forum Regular

Where is it right now through the rotation? It feels like an eternity!

Old Post 12-13-12 23:43 #
Glaice
formerly Mr. Chris

It's at Rambosee right now. He had to do a system format or something, hence the delay.

Old Post 12-14-12 02:54 #