Reaper Grimm
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > How are the idgames numeric IDs determined?

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 08:56. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
GhostlyDeath
Forum Retard

How are the idgames numeric IDs determined?

I presume the fullsort.gz is used, in reverse order with only the lines containing ZIP extensions, then numerical numbers are built based upon those?

Old Post 11-09-12 16:08 #
GhostlyDeath is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
exl
Personal Test Dummy

I assume that whenever the database is updated with what's new in fullsort, it just continues counting ids from the highest one that is already in the database.

Old Post 11-09-12 16:34 #
exl is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Bloodshedder
Spellchecker

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0...-increment.html

Old Post 11-09-12 18:23 #
Bloodshedder is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GhostlyDeath
Forum Retard

Bloodshedder said:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0...-increment.html

Would be it be possible to get an exported list of all the Ids and their associated upload templates?

Old Post 11-09-12 19:47 #
GhostlyDeath is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Bloodshedder
Spellchecker

No

Old Post 11-10-12 03:04 #
Bloodshedder is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
hex11

YOu making a front-end WAD launcher or something?

Old Post 11-10-12 07:31 #
hex11 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GhostlyDeath
Forum Retard

hex11 said:
YOu making a front-end WAD launcher or something?

Well, I am planning on adding an idgames:// protocol-ish -file support in ReMooD, along with a type of WAD lookup server (like DNS) to request WAD files.

Old Post 11-10-12 16:59 #
hex11

That id field isn't canonical anyway, and in fact I've followed some links to doomworld.com/idgames for invalid id's before (links from old discussions or reviews from other PWADs that mention another id).

You'll probably have to just build your own index directly from the /idgames mirrors (parsing the fullsort file to get a list of dirname+basename of each file should do the trick). That's directly from the canonical source, so it has to be valid.

Too bad this api doesn't seem to have a "search" function, or even a straight one-to-one id lookup based on its full pathname. The closest thing seems to be the "getfiles" function, that you'd have to parse to find the id of the file you're interested in, and then make another call to get that file's info (I'm guessing you're after the ratings & comments, since everything else is available from /idgames HTTP/FTP mirrors).

Old Post 11-10-12 18:09 #
hex11 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
MTrop

A search function has been completed. Now, I'm just waiting for Bloodshedder to apply it. I sent him the files to update.

Old Post 11-14-12 20:02 #
MTrop is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
MTrop

So, hey - search function's up.

Go nuts.

Old Post 11-17-12 00:36 #
MTrop is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Bloodshedder
Spellchecker

hex11 said:
or even a straight one-to-one id lookup based on its full pathname.
I actually added this to the regular site several months ago but never told anyone. e.g. http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?f...ds/strain10.zip

Old Post 11-17-12 02:43 #