Spider Mastermind
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > My SCARY map pack :)

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 07:45. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Buu342
Green Marine

Because you weren't planning on sleeping tonight...(or you want to prank your friends, or just love cheap scares)
THis zip comes with 4 maps

3 screamer maps i made quickly in 1 hour or so.

and a SCP-087-b clone i made a while back.

I thought id release these. Just for fun!

SCREENSHOTS

(AnotherScreamer)
http://i.imgur.com/ysjk5.png

(Screamer1)
http://i.imgur.com/AJ4pk.png

(Screamer2)
http://i.imgur.com/Hzi69.png

(SCP)
http://i.imgur.com/K62Lq.png

DOWNLOAD LINK(if you dare)
I'D RECCOMEND PLAYING WITH SKULLTAG AND set cl_run to false for best play experience.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zqo759899loou0u

Thanks for downloading and your opinion is welcome!!!

Edit: i forgot to mention that im planning on using these jumpscares For a bigger project im working on. Its called "Death Of The Dream". These are just really fun test maps. If people want to, you can use these jump scares for your own maps :)

Also the extra sounds were taken from hl2, the blue face was from What Is Wrong With This Picture, and that face texture was also taken from hl2.

Last edited by Buu342 on 11-11-12 at 13:08

Old Post 11-10-12 18:52 #
Buu342 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
MisriHalek
Warming Up

Some SCARY screamshots please

Old Post 11-10-12 21:29 #
MisriHalek is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Sergeant_Mark_IV

(...)screamer maps(...)

I don't think you understand the meaning of the word "scary".
Screamers are not scary. They give fright shocks, which is something completely different of scary. You can name fright shocks as stressful, irritating, stupid, childish, but please don't call them scary.

Old Post 11-10-12 22:04 #
Sergeant_Mark_IV is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Memfis
Forum Spammer

No, they're scary too because you know that they're coming, you know that they will give you a shock but you don't know when exactly and that's what's scary. :)

Old Post 11-10-12 22:22 #
Memfis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Buu342
Green Marine

MisriHalek said:
Some SCARY screamshots please

Alright, wait a few minutes and ill upload some...

Old Post 11-10-12 23:29 #
Buu342 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BloodyAcid

I took a look through the lumps with Slade, and what you're downloading in the 2.98mb are images and sounds. The maps, judging from the map outline, are one-two room at best with walk over triggers that spawn shit behind you.

Old Post 11-10-12 23:52 #
BloodyAcid is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Unholypimpin

Is it halloween already? Btw this looks kinda silly, not gonna lie.

I would download but from the looks of it the maps dont look creepy at all besides having dark rooms and some guts on the floor. Im not interested in omg scary evil lady just went rawr in my face, or OMG A SPOOK JUST CREPT UP BEHIND ME!!! OH NOES!!!

Keep in mind this is just my opinion and im sure theres plenty of people around that like cheap and unintellectual scares.

Old Post 11-11-12 00:33 #
Unholypimpin is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
EvilNed01

Ok, so I jumped, the wads did their job, but these wads are literally 5 second gameplay. It takes longed time to add the wad into the launcher than actually play it.

If these aren't jokewads, I dont know what they are.

Old Post 11-11-12 10:07 #
EvilNed01 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Buu342
Green Marine

EvilNed01 said:
Ok, so I jumped, the wads did their job, but these wads are literally 5 second gameplay. It takes longed time to add the wad into the launcher than actually play it.

If these aren't jokewads, I dont know what they are.

I honestly don't know what they are. The only WAD here i was really trying to make it look good was the SCP wad. The rest were just random :P

Old Post 11-11-12 13:12 #
Glaice
formerly Mr. Chris

Jumpwads? Spookwads?

Old Post 11-11-12 16:54 #
Glaice is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
estrx

I will so try this out once I get my computer fixed. Does this screaming include an automatic .mp3 file that starts playing off? If so - I'll pass, haha.

Old Post 11-11-12 17:10 #
estrx is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Buu342
Green Marine

estrx said:
I will so try this out once I get my computer fixed. Does this screaming include an automatic .mp3 file that starts playing off? If so - I'll pass, haha.

not quite sure what you mean... i don't have any mp3's in it no. only wavs.

The SCP 1 has Music in it, but its not really scary music.

Old Post 11-11-12 20:44 #
Netherstorm

The three screamer wads (or should I say, spook wads) are literally just 10 second gameplay involved. I think you could of at least added a little bit more to the map leading up to the screamer moment. I will say though, the screamers did frighten me. The SCP.wad was ok, but it goes on forever with walking down the staircases over and over and over. I made it to the end, but it's a dead end with no exit switch or nothing. Overall, boring wads, there could be more added to it.

Old Post 11-15-12 23:20 #
Netherstorm is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Buu342
Green Marine

Netherstorm said:
The three screamer wads (or should I say, spook wads) are literally just 10 second gameplay involved. I think you could of at least added a little bit more to the map leading up to the screamer moment. I will say though, the screamers did frighten me. The SCP.wad was ok, but it goes on forever with walking down the staircases over and over and over. I made it to the end, but it's a dead end with no exit switch or nothing. Overall, boring wads, there could be more added to it.

Like i said, these are just fun test wads in which im making bigger wads using these screamer techniques.

Old Post 11-16-12 07:23 #
Agentbromsnor

This almost gave me the false hope of playing a SCARY Doom mod...

I'm sorry, but jumpscares haven't been cool since those awful Ghoul Forest mods.

Old Post 11-16-12 11:56 #
Agentbromsnor is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
estrx

Buu342 said:

not quite sure what you mean... i don't have any mp3's in it no. only wavs.

The SCP 1 has Music in it, but its not really scary music.

Have you ever heard of the Scary Maze Game? You know, it's that game when you reach level 3, a supposedly scary face pops up in full screen and there's an .mp3 file of a piercing scream that starts playing in a loop.. I thought you did the same thing to this .WAD of yours.

Old Post 11-16-12 21:29 #
estrx is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Buu342
Green Marine

estrx said:

Have you ever heard of the Scary Maze Game? You know, it's that game when you reach level 3, a supposedly scary face pops up in full screen and there's an .mp3 file of a piercing scream that starts playing in a loop.. I thought you did the same thing to this .WAD of yours.

Oh no. My maps don't have that. The sounds only play once besides the music.

Old Post 11-17-12 10:55 #