Doom Marine
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > If Doom was done today (Part 2)
Pages (2): « 1 [2]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 10:38. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Krispy

I think you did a great job on this one. I'll show it to some of my friends. The zombie mode was pretty fun too. I always like to play invasion-style mods. I also liked all of the detail you put into this such as no air-control. Someone noticed!

Last edited by Krispy on 11-17-12 at 00:21

Old Post 11-17-12 00:04 #
Krispy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Pottus
Forum Regular

Agentbromsnor said:

I wouldn't say ALL modern games are incompetent though. The first BioShock is still arguably the best game of the 2000's if you ask me.

I'm all for singleplayer games. Multiplayer games bore me, and I usually don't feel like measuring my skills with random people on the internet.

But I digress. :)

Not all but too many that it's not worth my pocket to find out.

Old Post 11-17-12 00:25 #
Pottus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Obsidian

Teehee.

Old Post 11-17-12 02:15 #
Obsidian is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
chubz
Blackfish changed my title again

Alwaysdoomed said:
I really like this wad eventhough its short. The humor actually makes playing this fun and makes you hunger for a sequel.
I hope you decide to continue the story and make another sequel to this wad.[/B]

If Activision announces another Call of Duty, I will do my best to create another Call of Dooty to coincide with it. Given their history with milking the franchise for all it's worth, you can probably expect Call of Dooty III in November of 2013.

Krispy said:
I think you did a great job on this one. I'll show it to some of my friends. The zombie mode was pretty fun too. I always like to play invasion-style mods. I also liked all of the detail you put into this such as no air-control. Someone noticed!

Thanks man! The included "Zombie" mode is actually just a gimped version of my "Demon Defense" project and contains only one map, no custom textures for the Ice and Electricity traps, and so forth. For a much better version with three maps, custom textures for the traps, and so forth, check out this video of the latest version of the project. (Download links are included in the description!)

Also, just curious: What do you mean by "air-control"?

Obsidian said:
Teehee.

Oh dear.

Last edited by chubz on 11-17-12 at 06:10

Old Post 11-17-12 05:45 #
chubz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
KiiiYiiiKiiiA

Hey Chubz. Beautiful piece of satire. It's the little things that make it great.

Good stuff.

Obsidian said:
Teehee.

Still rather play this than any of the recent Call of Duty games.

Old Post 11-17-12 06:31 #
KiiiYiiiKiiiA is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Eris Falling said:
If you get stuck for achievements, use Achievement Unlocked 2's achievements for inspiration. You got 250 to choose from, most of which wouldn't be out of place in an ZBall 270 game..

Achievement Unlocked: Achievement Unlocked
Unlock an achievement to unlock this achievement.

Old Post 11-17-12 10:31 #
Gez is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Monitor
Mini-Member

Obsidian said:
Teehee.

Oh, lord. Awesome, but scary.

I thought this was a funny wad, and I have your "DemonDefense" wad, and I liked it, got through to wave 21, then I quit. This wad was a great little thing of satire, making fun of modern games (MW2 and MW3 mostly!), at least no COD fanboys are here, eh? Great wad you have here, love the COD:BO parody, keep it up, buddy!

"Freedom is not just a luxury to be enjoyed by the elite and the powerful, it is a sacred right to be shared by all men; it is a right that is promised to us by this great nation: the United States of America."
-Ulysses S. Grant

Old Post 11-18-12 01:02 #
The Monitor is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DataSnake
Warming Up

Is the main menu room supposed to have distant objects fade to gray instead of black?

Old Post 11-23-12 20:54 #
DataSnake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Krispy

chubz said:

Also, just curious: What do you mean by "air-control"?

I mean that you can't change direction while you're in mid-air. I just assumed that you intended this because it's one of the annoying things that modern games do.

Old Post 11-24-12 02:58 #
Krispy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Monitor
Mini-Member

Anyone found the secret in the main menu map yet?

I loved it, what a great Black Ops parody. Good job, man.

Also:
http://i50.tinypic.com/iofdah_th.jpg

"Freedom is not just a luxury to be enjoyed by the elite and the powerful, it is a sacred right to be shared by all men; it is a right that is promised to us by this great nation: the United States of America."
-Ulysses S. Grant

Old Post 11-24-12 22:32 #
The Monitor is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DataSnake
Warming Up

Another possible achievement: Wasteful -- run out of ammo

Old Post 11-26-12 18:32 #
DataSnake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote